Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
Really? Resolution has not been a thing for me for the last 4-5 years really. Since 1080 I have not worried about ppi.

There's still a chance face unlock will arrive in a Pixel Feature Drop in the future: https://www.xda-developers.com/pixel-6-pixel-6-pro-face-unlock-launch-hope/

With screen sizes this small I don't see that much of a difference between 1080p and 1440p. Either you have super good eyesight or you have your phone very, very close to your face to notice it.

Yeah I'm really anal, borderline unreasonable. I can tell when I see text and graphics if it is 1080p or 1440p, it just doesn't look as crisp. I also do hold my phone very close to my face in bed at night, probably 6-8 inches away, I am short sighted though.

Associate
Yes Soli is dead but that's just the radar gestures. Face unlock is separate and Android sees it the same as any other biometric security so it works exactly the same with all apps and payment as finger print unlock does.

I did consider the Pixel 6 but I am very anal about screen resolution, even more than screen refresh on phones. I can't deal with 1080 when I've been using 1440 since the S6Edge from 2015

was Soli not part of the depth scan part of the face unlock to make it more secure ?

Soldato
Downloaded an app called Energy Ring that puts your battery percentage around the camera cutout and then an app called System ui Tuner to get rid of the battery metre and now my screen looks like this.

Soldato
Honestly for £15 I'm happy to try a few cases. The clear tpu one is exactly the same as my £6.99 case from UK? Was 99p I think. Crazy.

Buying from AliExpress means you're buying at almost wholesale prices, cutting out the middleman. Lew Later sells his cases for about £30+ and they're just the Aliexpress cases with his branding on.

Soldato
Buying from AliExpress means you're buying at almost wholesale prices, cutting out the middleman. Lew Later sells his cases for about £30+ and they're just the Aliexpress cases with his branding on.

funny you mention that.. I did see those cases for £18 on aliexpress. I do really like that carbon/kevlar case and had it on my 2xl and my 7t but their quality on pixel 5 was shocking. 2 cases later I gave up with them as they wouldn't fit.

Associate
If anyone is looking for a tempered glass that fingerprint sensor works with I've had this a few days and it's working great from Amazon.

amFilm Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Google Pixel 6, 0.26mm Thickness HD Clear, Anti-Scratch Bubbles-Free

Soldato
Just took delivery of the bellroy case. Yes it's pricey but wow fits lovely and feels fantastic. Not normally a fan of cases, but the p6 is so slippy, heavy and unevenly balanced a drop is bound to happen for me :D

Hope you get on better than I did with mine. The one I have is really, really easy to mark or damage. It's not nearly durable enough for a phone case and for £45 I feel I woz robbed.

Soldato
With regards to cases I got a Spigen rugged armour and a cheap case with bumper corner protection from Ebay and I've stuck with the cheaper case as it seems to offer the same protection but looks better.

Soldato
Bit of a weird one, this morning found out my phone no longer connected to 5G. Dialling *#*#4636#*#* showed NR status as RESTRICTED. Changed network type to GSM only, then back to NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA brought back the 5G connection. Searching a bit seems to be common with EE's network (I'm on BT Mobile however) and recommends turning off wifi calling.

Soldato
Got my fitbag sleeve today from Germany, it's well made and very nice - it's a little tight at the moment though especially around the hump with the extra girth, but I'm sure it'll loosen up a bit with some rigorous use :eek::p:D

Back
Top Bottom