OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
We did paw patrol not long after it came out and the kids were surprisingly well behaved (7 and 5). As kids films go it wasn't bad, but the actors voices bring different amused me.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Quick question for chaps with little ones in nursery.

Our lad is 18 months now and been in nursery a good few months, he loves it and the staff are all really great with him.

We’re having issues however in that whenever he does a poop at nursery he’s usually coming home with poop still either on his clothes, or worse on him.

We’ve told them if he poops just change his clothes as he has a spare set in his bag but they don’t seem to do this.

Now are we expecting too much for him to be fully cleaned and in non poopy clothes when picking him up?

Soldato
No, sounds terrible. Our nursery change them and clean them you as soon as they are aware, plus check him every few hours anyway. They're currently helping us potty train him by leaving him with just under pants on.

Soldato
Definitely not right.

Our nursery had to check them when we picked them up before they would hand her back to us.

I remember one time my daughter decided to have a poo as I was picking her up to carry her to the car. They still changed her, even though I offered to do it when we were home as we were only a 2 minute drive away.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Thanks everyone, I’m not going mental then :)

It’s not like they are leaving him covered in poop, it’s either there’s some still on the inside of his trousers and/or vest, sometimes it’s a really small amount but we’ve had one or two where it’s been a lot! Or we’ve had it where he’s still had some on his leg somewhere.

And it’s also not every time, but looking at the nappy history on their app he’s had 11 poopy ones, and we’ve had this happen 5 times now (despite me saying maybe too subtly they need to check and change his clothes after one).

But it still doesn’t seem right to me, and just wanted to check that I’m not being unreasonable if I bring it up with them a bit more formally tomorrow.

Shame as everything else about the place is great, but this just spoils it.

Soldato
If it helps, my Child Minder called today and she sounded like how I sound after a miserable week at work, and it was only 0930 on a Wednesday :D

I guess, 'they're human' and it must be a miserable existence looking after tons of kids for such little pay (relatively speaking). Also folk have different principles... a stain on a vest may be viewed as irrelevant/saving you a washing job.

If it is literal nuggets I'd be way more upset :cry:

Soldato
They're a business, I guess they'll try and do certain things to save time/money. As above though, sometimes stains just don't come out, especially brown ones:cry:.

Of course :) Was just highlighting that it's not somehow specific to this nursery

Our Nursery are just bad for communication it seems. The amount of times I drop our daughter off and tell them "she has a little bit of a cough but we did a PCR test yesterday and she's fine must just be a cold" only to have them call me an hour later saying "hmmm she's got a bit of a cough" :|

Soldato
Of course :) Was just highlighting that it's not somehow specific to this nursery

Our Nursery are just bad for communication it seems. The amount of times I drop our daughter off and tell them "she has a little bit of a cough but we did a PCR test yesterday and she's fine must just be a cold" only to have them call me an hour later saying "hmmm she's got a bit of a cough" :|
Oh yea we had plenty of those things too:p.

Soldato
Some of these nursery stories are concerning. I think we got lucky choosing ours, they're really attentive and interpersonal. The "montessori" way maybe. Whatever, at least just care about my kid :cry:

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, this current nursery are great overall - the communication is a bit annoying but I think it's more a case that they have quite big rooms with a lot of kids + staff and so inevitably sometimes don't talk to each other enough or note these things down properly, and then are well meaning but end up getting these things wrong

We actually changed nurseries though because the last one we just didn't get good vibes from at all. Nothing specifically major happened but a lot of little things that had us both feeling off about it. The only kinda bad thing was a day where I swear they almost handed me someone else's child - we'd just picked ours up and halfway back to the car my wife said "oh they forgot to give us her day book thingy" so I left her to put baby in the car and wandered back to the doors. I'm positive one of the nursery staff (the same one who we just spoke to) had picked up one of the other kids, grabbed their bag, and come over to the door with them when they saw me outside. For a brief moment after opening the door she just kinda stood there in silence staring at me as if to say "uh huh so..." and then I explained that my wife says we're missing the book for our daughter at which point she suddenly went "Oh!!!!" and promptly put the child and bag down and went and got it etc.

Could've been my imagination but it really did seem that way - I wish I'd had the stones to ask "so were you about to give me that child then or...?" :D

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, this current nursery are great overall - the communication is a bit annoying but I think it's more a case that they have quite big rooms with a lot of kids + staff and so inevitably sometimes don't talk to each other enough or note these things down properly, and then are well meaning but end up getting these things wrong

We actually changed nurseries though because the last one we just didn't get good vibes from at all. Nothing specifically major happened but a lot of little things that had us both feeling off about it. The only kinda bad thing was a day where I swear they almost handed me someone else's child - we'd just picked ours up and halfway back to the car my wife said "oh they forgot to give us her day book thingy" so I left her to put baby in the car and wandered back to the doors. I'm positive one of the nursery staff (the same one who we just spoke to) had picked up one of the other kids, grabbed their bag, and come over to the door with them when they saw me outside. For a brief moment after opening the door she just kinda stood there in silence staring at me as if to say "uh huh so..." and then I explained that my wife says we're missing the book for our daughter at which point she suddenly went "Oh!!!!" and promptly put the child and bag down and went and got it etc.

Could've been my imagination but it really did seem that way - I wish I'd had the stones to ask "so were you about to give me that child then or...?" :D
Maybe they were having a "nursery sale". Always makes me chuckle when I see that at a garden centre. Sorry I'll get my coat.

Soldato
Our first arrived on Sunday night. Jack came in at 8lb 15 and what a time my poor wife had, ended in a section.

Oh my how life has changed :) Gents, will I ever get to sleep again?

Soldato
Our first arrived on Sunday night. Jack came in at 8lb 15 and what a time my poor wife had, ended in a section.

Oh my how life has changed :) Gents, will I ever get to sleep again?
Ours in just shy of 4 months now

Up every 2 hours for the first 3 weeks but has gradually increased since then. She goes down for 7 to 10 hours now.

The "Leaps" are the killer - you basically get 3-6 days of tears and grumpiness and they won't go down for more than a few hours at a time, but afterwards they have a new thing they can do (like see and look at stuff, or becoming obsessed with their hands, or able to make new noises etc).

Soldato
Ours woke up at 3am last night but it seemed a bit different to normal, like she seemed scared I think rather than there being something directly wrong :( after a few failed attempts to give her a cuddle and put her back to bed we gave in and let her sleep in our bed which she seemed to enjoy. Hoping we've not set a dangerous precedent!!

Back
Top Bottom