Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

V_R

V_R

Soldato
This phone.... Just re added my right thumb and index, twice each. First attempt to unlock, fail. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Still my original left thumb registration works perfectly. I don't get it. Is it me?

Soldato
This phone.... Just re added my right thumb and index, twice each. First attempt to unlock, fail. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Still my original left thumb registration works perfectly. I don't get it. Is it me?
No, a lot of people are struggling. But Google's response is "moisturise your hands and press harder" :D

V_R

V_R

Soldato
No, a lot of people are struggling. But Google's response is "moisturise your hands and press harder" :D
Its the one thing that is really putting a downer on the phone, everything else I love. But the scanner and lack of face unlock is ******* me off! :o

Associate
I finally got my headphones approved after 8 days. I believe this was due to ID mobiles. Sending a carphone warehouse invoice especially with it stating a 27th of my order when that was actually the dispatch date and the order date was the 19th or 20th and because my invoice said Carphone warehouse Google required me to send them more info and proof so I have to send them my ID mobile confirmation email which thankfully got approved today

Soldato
Soldato

Hmm interestingly I noticed very similar, the left thumb that I set up initially works flawlessly, I only seem to have an issue with my right one which I set up after and have tried setting up again since. I don't think I'm having as much of an issue as you as my right does usually work, but its interesting that its only the right I seem to get an issue with.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
The left thumb isn't the original, original, I've set it up since the update where they changed it slightly. Its just that my left thumb seems to continue to work, where the right thumb and finger never work for more than a day or so.

Very frustrating.

Soldato
My Pixel 6 went back today, still impressed with it but should have went for the Pro which was unavailable until last few hours before headphone offer expired so I'll keep an eye out on Black Friday deals.

Out of the negatives, the FSP is lacklustre for a 2021 phone and while camera is great overall, it can be on an overprocessed side and night mode can get a little weird sometimes plus has a lot of vignetting on some shots. Hopefully something they can tune with software but overall felt like a solid enough upgrade in that department.

Screen was also great but get what someone meant when they said it felt cheap to the touch, it does feel quite hollow when you touch a nail against it, I remember it was the same with P30 Pro.

This is just nit picking though and for the money I think it's a fantastic handset.

Soldato
Gorilla glass too :p

But yeah it's not the material itself, just the fact that it sounds hollow when your nails tap against against screen, someone else in the thread mentioned that the screen felt "cheap".

Soldato
Gorilla glass too :p

But yeah it's not the material itself, just the fact that it sounds hollow when your nails tap against against screen, someone else in the thread mentioned that the screen felt "cheap".

According to a couple teardown videos it might be due to the screen not being bonded to the rest of the phone, which is common with other phones to allow the screen to act as a heat dissipater. Could explain why it sounds hollow since only the edges is sealed to the rest of the phone.

Soldato
Not noticed any marks yet, but I don't mind that in leather. My leather wallet is 21 years old and beat up to bits.

Yeah, the issue I had with mine was actual damage. The top layer got pierced in a few places or even came off. I've heard it's a problem with certain colours of the leather they use.

Back
Top Bottom