The World of Tanks Solo Experience

Associate
Anyone else in here playing World of Tanks?

I'm a pretty hardcore no-lifer in the game myself - at least if the last decade is anything to go by! xD

Got a pretty serious love/hate relationship with this game. Mostly hate these days, but there is some love for it still left in me.

Either way, since I'm quite experienced with it, 50 000 battles or more worth of experience, just to communicate the magnitude of waste of life that has gone into this for me... I've been a tactical commander, participated in several "high-profile" tournaments over the years, and done pretty well for myself in the game's toxic eco-system!

Now, I decided to finally take this experience, and share some of my games from time to time with the internet!

I hope this might be entertaining/"educating" to some - the main lesson I have learned after playing this game for 10 years is pretty much... don't start playing this game!!! It will end your life but leave you breathing while it does it, if you're not careful.

Well, below I'm posting my first little batch of videos, where I play some of my favourite tanks in the game - the Russian T-50, and T-50-2. Plus their oddly shaped cousin, the MT-25.

YouTube Links removed - please see rules on self promotion. Please do not link to your own YouTube channel to garner clicks, likes, subscriptions etc. Feel free to discuss tactics / methods of playing solo and please feel free to share stories.

Hope some of you will find some entertainment value in this! And oh, if you wish - I do have access to most tanks in the game, so feel free to suggest a tank you want to see me play in the future! If you do, I'll do my best to put it up on my youtube channel some time soon! I am a light tank player mainly tho, so I'd appreciate not being challenged to playing superslow TDs and such, as there is no joy in that for me! :)

Have a good one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Well, then I'm apparently good at hard things, as I can't see it?

Edit: Like, for real? Can you screenshot it or something? I'm not seeing it on the first few pages of the forum at least.

Either way, I wanted to post this as a "my solo experience" kinda thing. I'm not intending on spamming down the forum with several videos every day or anything after this initial post, if that's what you're afraid of, but perhaps once in a blue moon when something exceedingly exceptional happens.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well, then I'm apparently good at hard things, as I can't see it?

Edit: Like, for real? Can you screenshot it or something? I'm not seeing it on the first few pages of the forum at least.

Either way, I wanted to post this as a "my solo experience" kinda thing. I'm not intending on spamming down the forum with several videos every day or anything after this initial post, if that's what you're afraid of, but perhaps once in a blue moon when something exceedingly exceptional happens.

Page two: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/official-world-of-tanks-ocuk-clan.18264761/

Associate
OP
Ah, there you go! Those stars that I assume are meant to draw attention to it kinda happened to have the opposite effect on me :cry:

Thanks tho, I'll throw in a stupid opinion or two on that thread when I feel it's warranted!

Edit: I'm actually quite surprised I missed that. I'm on the forum every day checking for stuff that might be something to involve myself in, but I have completely missed the existence of that thread.

I guess I'll post random videos if I should be so inclined in the main thread from now on then!

Last edited:
Pet Northerner
Don
I've removed the videos because they are in breach of the self promotion rules of the forums. If you wish to discuss further please head over to Forum Content Discussion and post a thread there.

I'll leave the thread open for now so people can discuss playing WoT as a solo player.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Good commitment to a game for sure :) just think of what you could have achieved elsewhere in life in those 10years of tank addiction :)

Most of us on here have done it though, welcome to the other side where gaming regret is high and we all yearn for retirement where we can find a game and do it all again :) :) 15 years to go 15 years to go :)

Caporegime
I've removed the videos because they are in breach of the self promotion rules of the forums. If you wish to discuss further please head over to Forum Content Discussion and post a thread there.

So going by this it should also be considered self promotion if someone uploads a clip to YouTube then posts it on the gd YouTube thread. :confused: A clip of gameplay is hardly self promotion, is someone posting a video of a bug they recorded in a game also going to fall under that banner?

Pet Northerner
Don
So going by this it should also be considered self promotion if someone uploads a clip to YouTube then posts it on the gd YouTube thread. :confused: A clip of gameplay is hardly self promotion, is someone posting a video of a bug they recorded in a game also going to fall under that banner?

It was three videos, all full plays with an average time of 30 minutes each. The OP even alludes to people suggesting further tanks for him to play. This is entirely different to say a 30 second clip of gameplay showing a funny moment. He has a full channel set up with gameplay videos.

Soldato
It was three videos, all full plays with an average time of 30 minutes each. The OP even alludes to people suggesting further tanks for him to play. This is entirely different to say a 30 second clip of gameplay showing a funny moment. He has a full channel set up with gameplay videos.

"He has a full channel set up with gameplay videos"
So do a lot of gamers nowadays, even the more casual gamers, it is soo easy nowadays.

So what is the time limit permitted for gameplays, and if I have multiple complete gameplay videos on my channel is that a problem?

If someone is monetising the heck out of youtube, they aim for 11 minutes, not 30 minutes.

If someone is playing a game I like, and they ask "what shall I do next" what is the harm in that?

And if I ask someone "What shall I play next" is that self promotion?

To then reply to someone with "you know where FCD is!", I thought this place was better than that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Perhaps this moderator can clarify the rules regarding a.) length of gameplay videos allowed, b.) whether or not posting in the PC Games forum asking fellow gamers for gameplay suggestions is against the rules now and c.) is posting videos of say DowntoEarthAstronomy, JackFrags, deLoneWolf or Karmakut not allowed now due to them having dedicated YouTube channels for gameplay.

Soldato
Guys I think we all know the difference between sharing content and self promoting. If you had signed up last month and created 6 threads only to get you watching their videos, you’re probably trying to get viewers.

Let’s stop giving the mods a needlessly hard time eh?

Pet Northerner
Don
"He has a full channel set up with gameplay videos"
So do a lot of gamers nowadays, even the more casual gamers, it is soo easy nowadays.

So what is the time limit permitted for gameplays, and if I have multiple complete gameplay videos on my channel is that a problem?

If someone is monetising the heck out of youtube, they aim for 11 minutes, not 30 minutes.

If someone is playing a game I like, and they ask "what shall I do next" what is the harm in that?

And if I ask someone "What shall I play next" is that self promotion?

To then reply to someone with "you know where FCD is!", I thought this place was better than that.

again, please keep to context here. You know the difference between sharing a little gameplay and making a thread to promote a YouTube channel surely? We have rules against self promotion for a reason, the only reason the thread was kept open was to give people who shared the enjoyment of solo play a chance to discuss, not have a content creator use it as an advert.

In regards to the delete and fcd comment, that user just laughed at the moderating decision, rather than asking constructive questions.

Perhaps this moderator can clarify the rules regarding a.) length of gameplay videos allowed, b.) whether or not posting in the PC Games forum asking fellow gamers for gameplay suggestions is against the rules now and c.) is posting videos of say DowntoEarthAstronomy, JackFrags, deLoneWolf or Karmakut not allowed now due to them having dedicated YouTube channels for gameplay.

sharing content from different channels is fine because it’s not self promotion. Again context is key here. Had the op linked 4 videos of different people playing, that’s fine but that’s not what happened here.

Underboss

Hey guys, I found this youtuber doing a WoT solo experience, smaller channel but good content.

It's not self promotion now so all is good.

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom