Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Anyone into Rivian? I wonder if current prices are actually cheap and it's going to follow Tesla in the future? Gathering a lot of pace today.

21% since lunch, was talking to some of the guys about it, might have been a good idea lol

Second largest US auto maker by market cap. Something is wrong there.

I wanted in but price is too high IMO. It may well double but long term I don't see the basis for it.

People are still going to buy a Ford (F150), RAM, and GM trucks. Even if Rivian took 20% of the market I don't see how that market cap can work unless they have some crazy margins which presently are only around the 15% mark. Better than the auto industry average but nothing special.

Caporegime
I think of Rivian and I remember Nikola :eek:
lol Nikola rolled a fake truck down a hill to make a video of it driving
kinda funny.

Stumbled across a good breakdown video of palantir that I thought I'd post since it's probably one of the best stock videos I've seen on youtube

and a bunch of us probably own some of it.

still seems high risk just a couple of contracts/companies are 25% of the revenue which is pretty scary

Last edited:
Soldato
Too much hype around Rivian at the moment due to Amazon link etc - For now on the watchlist but certainly not jumping in at this time.

Billion dollar lost in last 6 months with almost zero revenue at the moment....It's a poor mans Tesla currently.... Has potential but for now - not for me.

Caporegime
Nikola has good potential especially priced in the low double figures and with Iveco onboard. I bought in a $9 then $10, then sold in the high $11s hoping to get back in when the market dips.
The company was literally a scam though claiming they had a fully working truck when they had a rolling shell with some electronics
I ditched my Palantir a while back, made some on it then shifted it on.

probably wise any growth is already priced in the only surprises can really be negative ones.

I hold some anyway don't know where else I would put the money right now. not really a buyers market

Soldato
21% since lunch, was talking to some of the guys about it, might have been a good idea lol

Its twice the valuation over Tesla apparently. I reckon it adds support for my idea the whole sector has growth vs TSLA which will not outperform
JOHNSON MATTHEY lost 19% yesterday because it cannot do batteries profitably apparently so maybe Tesla does have the head start or scale advantage, hard to believe its only them able to work it out.

Soldato
Soldato
OK I've locked in for Monday AM.

I hope this isn't PS take two as I'm losing quite a lot of money following you guys' recommendations :o

not sure if serious?? I prey to god your trying to be funny. Have you not read the pages and pages of comments about not following online "tips" etc.....

Soldato
I think he is joking, but in fairness, had he put money into it he'd have made a decent amount assuming he took the quick win :p
I configured my buy order wrong (I was super tired in all fairness) so I bought at the tippy top of the +20% gain :D

Mods must condemn all of these people costing me my daughters future.

Back
Top Bottom