• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia CEO: ‘We don’t have any magic bullets’ to deal with chip shortage

Soldato
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nvid...ets-to-deal-with-chip-shortage-212549454.html

Nvidia (NVDA) CEO Jensen Huang doesn’t see the global chip shortage coming to an end anytime soon. The head of the largest chip maker by market cap, Huang is fresh off his virtual keynote at Nvidia’s GTC conference where he announced advances in the company’s metaverse and AI efforts.

But Nvidia still makes the bulk of its revenue, about 47% in Q2, from the sale of its gaming cards. And those continue to be in short supply due to the pandemic-induced chip crisis.

“I think that through the next year, demand is going to far exceed supply. We don’t have any magic bullets in navigating the supply chain,” Huang told Yahoo Finance Live on Wednesday.

“We have the support of our suppliers. We’re fortunate that we’re multi-sourced and that our supply chain is diverse and our company is quite large so we have the support of a large ecosystem around us,” he added.

The chip crisis kicked off at the start of the pandemic when automakers, expecting a slowdown in sales, cut their chip orders. But consumers had other plans and started buying up cars in droves. At the same time, consumers, trapped in their homes due to pandemic restrictions, started grabbing everything from workstations and webcams to gaming PCs and game consoles.

With so many industries vying for attention from the small number of global chip makers, a crunch was all but guaranteed. And it continues to play out now. Try buying an Nvidia graphics card or, heck, a PlayStation 5. If you don’t want to pay hundreds of dollars over the manufacturer’s suggested retail price, you’ll likely be waiting a while.

Soldato
All I see is more $$$ for next gen GPU

Yeah it will be a repeat of the 3xxx launch but probably worse. A RRP will get dangled to the consumer, it will never hit that price, queue the moans about scalping retailers again, miners buying up the stock etc etc etc. The 3xxx refresh will have hardly any stock as they will try and ensure the 4xxx launch has something to sell. Only thing that will affect them is the ability to release the next gen.

Soldato
What a load of bull! STOP SELLING YOUR GPU'S DIRECTLY TO MINERS THEN YOU ****!

they don't Broad partners and distributors do.

Fact for the matter there is still huge supply issues and shortages for many things, Gpu shortages, general chip shortages stopping car production (heck even bmw is going to to remove touch screens from some models)

On the other end I love my gunpla models, most kits in most placess online are sold out and has been like that for months, like with GPU's we have scalpers there as well.

Associate
Nvidia (NVDA) CEO Jensen Huang says: " haha you guys are screwed but I'm making a fortune, why would we change that?"

They would make more money by selling 10x the cards at half the price, and they want to do that they just can't. Its not because he's an evil cat-stroking megalomanic in a leather jacket.

Soldato
They could flood the market with the lower-end GPUs if they wanted to, because they can cut more of those than the high-end ones. Of course, they don't because why would they? They don't care about gamers not getting a GPU, they care about their own margins.

Back
Top Bottom