*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Man of Honour
Just downloading it now but I wont get to actually give it a play until 5pm because I'm working so hopefully the early crash issues will all be resolved by the time I finish work today

Soldato
I can't play the game for longer than 20mins without an instant CTD :(:(:(:(:(

Can play Pathfinder and Warzone for hours on end!

Got latest nVidia drivers?

496.49 -

This new Game Ready Driver provides support for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS to boost performance by up to 2x. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles and updates, including Age of Empires IV, Battlefield 2042 Early Access, Call of Duty: Vanguard, Chivalry 2, Forza Horizon 5, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition, Jurassic World Evolution 2, and Riders Republic

Soldato
Do the map details seem bland to anyone?

I mean there seems to big areas that just lack any sort of detail, giant expanses of plain concrete or huge walls with basic texturing, no debris, no foliage detail, no variation in structure. Just big, boxy polygon shapes.

Feels like someone forgot to enable visual fidelity and just opted for the Minecraft filter.

Soldato
Anyone had issues with the "add ons" in EA Play app showing as downloading but they don't?

bf2042.png

Associate
Crash to desktop would be nice, my computers restarts! Seems to get about 5mins of gameplay per reboot.. well worth paying £60 to beta test this for the guys paying £40 next week

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Crash to desktop would be nice, my computers restarts! Seems to get about 5mins of gameplay per reboot.. well worth paying £60 to beta test this for the guys paying £40 next week

As one of those guys that has paid less than £40, I hope they patch the crap out of it over the next 7 days as it doesn’t sound like a great start!

Man of Honour
Took a quick 10min look after it had downloaded and there is a server browser (at least there was when I was selecting the El Alamein map, was an option to browse "community servers"), so that appears to be one of the big concerns of the supposed "leakers" nullified. Ran around quickly for 10 mins on El Alamein, felt good to be back on that map. Need to wait until after work though to be able to setup the graphics etc properly. Ran ok though, no crash (though as I say it was only 10 mins)

Soldato
My thoughts...

1) Recoil of the guns are nice
2) Sounds are brilliant, proper Battlefield :D
3) Squads are working together as they should

4) Performance is subpar even with DLSS and on HIGH, obviously early days for the game!
5) Played for 20mins and my first CTD, as experienced by others :mad:
6) Graphics don't seem to be impressing me to be honest, seems rather flat?

Pretty much the same for me, except for number 5. Haven't had any crashes with my 3600/RX6700XT combo. However my Ryzen 3600 is getting a beating pretty bad when playing conquest.

Soldato
EDIT: Very interesting... even though I can run OCCT, every single benchmark, stress test and game at my overclock settings BF2042 will not take them and DX error. When I run stock, it's fine. First and only game that won't take the OC's...

Back
Top Bottom