*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
Refund requested. No traditional 'spotting', no scoreboard, HORRIBLE cheesey american catchphrases and I really didn't like the new weird class system.

What is the point of an online FPS if you can't even compare scores and see how you did?

Gutted, been looking forward to this for ages :(

Man of Honour
What is the point of an online FPS if you can't even compare scores and see how you did?

Gutted, been looking forward to this for ages :(

To be fair there was no scoreboard throughout the betas, so not a big surprise that there wouldnt be one at release. I know that we've already had the pro-scoreboard v anti-scoreboard conversations in this thread 3 times already but I'm glad there isnt one for all the reasons that I've covered the other 3 times in the thread :)

The catchphrases are rather tweeny though, hopefully there will be an option to turn those off at some point (if there isnt already, I havent looked in the options yet)

You can turn on the traditional spotting as one of the server options so there should be plenty of servers around with traditional spotting once servers start getting set up

Man of Honour
Great to see the gold and ultimate buyers play testing the game a week early. We thank you for your time and money.

I imagine that most people who are currently playing are actually playing via the "free" 10 hour trial so the people who are testing the game a week early quite likely havent actually spent any additional money at all :D

Man of Honour
Anyone had issues with the "add ons" in EA Play app showing as downloading but they don't?

bf2042.png

How do you get into the "Manage Additional Content" Menu?

Soldato
To be fair there was no scoreboard throughout the betas, so not a big surprise that there wouldnt be one at release. I know that we've already had the pro-scoreboard v anti-scoreboard conversations in this thread 3 times already but I'm glad there isnt one for all the reasons that I've covered the other 3 times in the thread :)

The catchphrases are rather tweeny though, hopefully there will be an option to turn those off at some point (if there isnt already, I havent looked in the options yet)

You can turn on the traditional spotting as one of the server options so there should be plenty of servers around with traditional spotting once servers start getting set up

We'll see, I'm imagining a lot of patching over the next few weeks. Hopefully i'll come back to it in a month or so.

Man of Honour
We'll see, I'm imagining a lot of patching over the next few weeks. Hopefully i'll come back to it in a month or so.

Should be more traditional spotting servers up by then (unless of course people decide not to have it, in which case that would simply show that most people dont like the option) , I've already seen a few servers this morning that have the traditional spotting enabled so once people are online for their weekends play I expect there to be more of them running.

I doubt scoreboards will ever return though, a wise move imo for reasons previously stated. So you'll have to decide if the lack of individual player scoreboards is a deal breaker or not.

Associate
I imagine that most people who are currently playing are actually playing via the "free" 10 hour trial so the people who are testing the game a week early quite likely havent actually spent any additional money at all :D
On that note, any feedback from anyone that's used the Xbox pass to install the game? Going to be using it tonight, hopefully.

Man of Honour
On that note, any feedback from anyone that's used the Xbox pass to install the game? Going to be using it tonight, hopefully.

I installed it on the EA play app thing that I got sent to when I went to Gamepass. Installed fine, no issues, ran fine, no crashes (only did about 15 mins of play before work though)

Caporegime
EDIT: Very interesting... even though I can run OCCT, every single benchmark, stress test and game at my overclock settings BF2042 will not take them and DX error. When I run stock, it's fine. First and only game that won't take the OC's...

CPU or GPU clock causing the DX error? Sounds like a GPU thing

Associate
Why are so many people adamant that 3d spotting should be a thing?

Its the most unrealistic thing in any FPS game... I wouldn't get a big orange triangle above someone's head in real life so why should I in fps games? Same with name tags in COD... just shouldn't be a thing at all.

Back
Top Bottom