*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Man of Honour
Why are so many people adamant that 3d spotting should be a thing?

Its the most unrealistic thing in any FPS game... I wouldn't get a big orange triangle above someone's head in real life so why should I in fps games? Same with name tags in COD... just shouldn't be a thing at all.

Thats the beauty of the server options, you can choose to have 3d spotting or not, so there should always be a server around which has whatever people are looking for. I can take or leave 3d spotting, tbh I dont really notice whether its on or not most of the time.

Associate
Played a game of portal-bc2 to see if the crashes were any better (they werent!) but wow, brings back so many memories, i can see me playing portal a lot

Associate
I am going to give this a miss until it's been patched as I have had constant crashing and even a restart! I've set my 3080Ti back to stock as well. I'm really quite annoyed as I paid extra for gold and it's basically unplayable.

Associate
Thats the beauty of the server options, you can choose to have 3d spotting or not, so there should always be a server around which has whatever people are looking for. I can take or leave 3d spotting, tbh I dont really notice whether its on or not most of the time.

half the time i cant work out if im getting wall hacked or 3d spotted... dieing to a tank from 200m away while im behind a tree is really frustrating.

Caporegime
I am going to give this a miss until it's been patched as I have had constant crashing and even a restart! I've set my 3080Ti back to stock as well. I'm really quite annoyed as I paid extra for gold and it's basically unplayable.

So there we go another Nvidia user, and also crashing!!

XBOX, Playstation, AMD cards, sporadic on NVIDIA... This does feel like a beta, so expect a patch within the week lol

Caporegime
No issues here on my 3080 (undervolted) on w11. Although not played for very long..... Launches and runs just fine.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Played an hour or so - 3080ti and a 5800X; zero issues with crashing or performance; seems grand to me at 1440P / 165Hz.
Played a few on Conquest; maps much better than the Orbit one from the beta - quickly dipped into Portal and it seems nice too! - very happy with this; can see it being a big time sink over the winter along with Vanguard for quicker FPS sessions

V F

V F

Soldato
So there we go another Nvidia user, and also crashing!!

XBOX, Playstation, AMD cards, sporadic on NVIDIA... This does feel like a beta, so expect a patch within the week lol

It seems game developers/publishers or most of them never ever learn.

Man of Honour
It seems game developers/publishers or most of them never ever learn.

Most likely publishers pushing a release than developers...I work alongside the software industry and in all my decades of work I have never once known any developer who deliberately creates bad or untested code. I'd wager that almost every game that has issues at launch is because of publishers and suits pushing games out rather than devs saying "yeah thats ready to go"

Soldato
what sorts of framerates are people getting? I'm struggling to get more than 60fps with my 3090, with DLSS on performance, it seems to be running really badly, (4k).. My GPU usage seems to be hovering around 50-60% whereas literally all other games it's pinned at 99%.

How are others getting on?

Man of Honour
what sorts of framerates are people getting? I'm struggling to get more than 60fps with my 3090, with DLSS on performance, it seems to be running really badly, (4k).. My GPU usage seems to be hovering around 50-60% whereas literally all other games it's pinned at 99%.

How are others getting on?

What are you using to show the fps? afterburner?

Associate
Anyone playing this on a low spec machine? I think I'm wasting my money now I've had a chance to watch some early videos on performance although I realise it's only day one. Prob best just to wait for a few weeks (years maybe by the time i get round to upgrading) and play WZ pacific when it drops in Dec.

Back
Top Bottom