****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
A friend of mine has put his account up on playerauctions lots of rare tanks, type59, e25 etc.

Seems like a lot of people are losing interest. It's no wonder, WG have totally wrecked the game.

Associate
Yeah, I feel like every step they take forwards, they take three back. The revamped maps are nice and all, but some of them have been messed up and turned from interesting and playable to "no, new players won't understand how to play it immediately, better remove all foliage!" A good example of this is Fjords, which I hate now (no, not myself) - it went from having bushes and rocks around to progressively advance and clear zones and sections step-by-step with careful play to just being heavily one-sided and all interesting areas were leveled and turned into a flat open field. I wish you could veto about 75% of the maps away, not just 2 of them. Not to mention every time they make a new map, it's another corridor city shooter. Basically be lucky and be a toptier heavy tank or long for the garage...

Crew 2.0 - if they ever decide to release that, I'm gonna cry. What computer gaming doesn't need, is more games that are consoleified.

Associate
So anyone want to do some platoons for fun fire me a message all tiers unlocked

took a break for a year and came back to it recently and am quite rusty

I do have some decent replays floating around on youtube tho ironicly not uploaded by me but some wot replay site on youtube

Soldato
I re-installed the HD client yesterday having played my last WoT battle on the 6th of December 2014.

Looks lovely, the garage is a big confusing mess and I haven’t experienced such a concerted to mug me since I was last in Rome.

Sold off all the free tanks WoT had given me since my absence and start playing. I give it another 100 battles or so before I regain old skills which led me to my glorious 48% win rate, but I don’t care as I’m finding all the tryhards hilarious.

Grinding British mediums to the Centurion as my late father used to work on them during his days in the REME. Don’t intend to give WoT a single penny whilst doing it.

Soldato
Been playing a little but think the game I just had in T-55A was an epiphany moment to have a word with myself putting my time into this. I'm just sitting there trying to aim at weakspots with shots going anywhere but where aimed while getting pixel sniped on the move by Soviet heavies rolling the dice well.

18 shots fired, 3 hits including some square on shots aimed at a centre of paper tanks that missed the target completely. This is with .3 accuracy and 1.81s aim time but after playing little Strv 103-0 and Skorpion lately, I realised how utterly pointless stats and accuracy are between the hidden characteristics and pure RNG. My actions in general matter in very few games at the end of the day and I need to forget how much time I've put into this game and move on.

Soldato
Been playing a little but think the game I just had in T-55A was an epiphany moment to have a word with myself putting my time into this. I'm just sitting there trying to aim at weakspots with shots going anywhere but where aimed while getting pixel sniped on the move by Soviet heavies rolling the dice well.

18 shots fired, 3 hits including some square on shots aimed at a centre of paper tanks that missed the target completely. This is with .3 accuracy and 1.81s aim time but after playing little Strv 103-0 and Skorpion lately, I realised how utterly pointless stats and accuracy are between the hidden characteristics and pure RNG. My actions in general matter in very few games at the end of the day and I need to forget how much time I've put into this game and move on.

This is why some great players, and youtubers quit the game. They realized they had no real impact on the outcomes of games.

Soldato
I took a notion to grind to the T10 Japanese medium and The US ones.
As a result my Nov WR has plummeted to 43.5%
I think the tech tree tanks are mostly (with the odd exception) deliberately flawed and weaker to push you to the premium shop.
I have more fun playing the premiums. I don't think thats accidental.

Soldato
Totally - once upon a time, a T8 premium was balanced to be not quite as good as a T8 tech tree fully upgraded.

That ship sailed a LONG time ago. Basically sit in a recent T8 prem and you get easy mode, you can afford to run prem consumables, fire gold ammo etc etc.

If I could do just one thing it would be to stop ANYBODY giving WG any money until they fix the cluster-tuck they have created.

Soldato
This is why some great players, and youtubers quit the game. They realized they had no real impact on the outcomes of games.

Yup - if 49% is the average player (inc 2% draws) then if your actions win 1% of games, you end up with a 50% win rate. I ended up with a 52.5% w.r. meaning that about 1 game in 30 we won because of my actions. It used to be 1 in 20, but that stopped when I refused to pay to win.

Soldato
Wonder how many people get sucked in to the xmas festive activities, blow several hundred on loot boxes, play maybe 20-100 games then uninstall until the next xmas season

Soldato
Can anyone make credits or get a game which lasts more than 5 minutes?

I know I’m a poor to average player, but it seems like even when I feel like playing I’m playing the tank I’m using correctly for the map I’m on, my team gets steamrollered in 3-4 minutes half the time.

Soldato
Match maker just gets worse every year. Very hard to make impact on a game. You really to use a vehicle thats close to top of its tier to be competitive. Something thats a good allrounder. So when its bottom tier it can do something. That said I'm a poor to average player also. Spent too long grinding free to play to be able to fix my stats now. I just play for fun.

Soldato
I’m finding High Tier Lemming Trains are a thing now too and I’ve found myself being the lone defender on one flank as everyone but arty scoots off to the 1 or 9 line, or even worse, The Hill on Mines or Himmelsdorf.

Soldato
Same problems though. A tank you have in sight will disappear only to reappear a few meters away. Armour goes to paper at random. Aim goes to hell at random. Bouncing off tanks with no armour. All the afks on one team.

Feels like the game decides if you're going to lose a match before it starts.

I really only play it because games are short and I'm too lazy to learn a new one.

Soldato
I uninstalled the game about 4 weeks ago. I just wasn't enjoying it anymore. Realise I don't miss the game, I miss what it was.

Simply too many autoloaders, medium tanks doing crazy speeds, corridor maps, hull down gold fests, so many bad decisions by WG.

Back
Top Bottom