*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
I've played about 10 hours now and the game should not have been released, it is the worst Battlefield I've played.

It feels like the main goal was to make something big with lots of players and forget about the actual game. Map design is terrible and just don't work well on certain modes, game mode choice is terrible, very limited guns, hit detection is a mess especially in portal, no traditional score board as they wanted to move away from it being about kills yet most things are unlocked with kils..

There are also lots of bugs both graphically and mechanically, bodies floating randomly or literrally floating around a map, playing as Angel throwing armor kits just float above peoples heads in one game I'd drop an ammo kit and they they would be thrown the length of the map. That together with 'unable to load persistence data' error a lot just made for a bad start.

Hazard Zone is pointless and will be dead quickly I'm sure and Portal sounded like a great idea but take a look at servers and it's full of 1hp bot games so people can boost their XP/Guns... and why are they doing that and not playing the actual game, because the game is so bad.

I'm sure in 12 months it will be fine, around about the time it should have been released and not now as it's just not finished.

Associate
Cant join a game really now this morning..takes ages of multiple attempts to join, then after one game it kicks you because of connection errors and takes multiple attempts to join again.

Never regretted spending on a game so much as i have with this lol dice could at least put a patch out asap

Soldato
odd no issues here.
its been rock solid 100FPS in 4 matches ive played.

im on windows 11 latest drivers 5900x/32GB/3090
games running on NVME drive

my GUess and this always happen on EVERY bf release the people moaning are Overclocked or dont have stable rigs, take off the OC & its stable or you got conflicting easy cheat version or A/V running interfering

easycheat bugs out with lot of A/Vs running default W11 no A/V
You must be in the top 1% of players to get that sort of performance. Good for you but 99% of people are not in your position so not much point in posting results. Not sour, just saying

Soldato
You must be in the top 1% of players to get that sort of performance. Good for you but 99% of people are not in your position so not much point in posting results. Not sour, just saying
if you actually read this thread few posts up I've done a bunch of testing (hours) for you all TO HELP you identify the cause of the issues & HELP YOU get what im seeing perf wise

So no dont go down the route "good for you"

Soldato
if you actually read this thread few posts up I've done a bunch of testing (hours) for you all TO HELP you identify the cause of the issues & HELP YOU get what im seeing perf wise

So I tried overclocked my CPU to 4.4Ghz, disabled hyperthreading (game mode on a threadripper) and I played a game and messed around, my 99% FPS was around 50 (occasionally got as high as 70 briefly) on 1080p/low/DLSS ultra performance/RTX off. My GPU was using about 30% and my CPU was around 50-70%

Entertainingly, if I switch everything up to 4k/ultra/DLSS quality/RTX on, I get literally the same FPS, the only difference is my GPU is at 60% usage, the CPU is the same.

It looks broken to me.

It's funny, because if I play BF5 at 4k ultra, I'm getting 110+ fps constantly, and my water cooling loop gets up to 40 degrees. With 2042 - it's not even raising my temps, it's like my PC isn't doing anything

Soldato

So no dont go down the route "good for you"
Fair enough dude. Didn't mean to cause offence

Associate
for those who are having FPS issues with 3080/3090

I had realised last night that i have following turned off
Motion blur
Vigentte
Lens Flare
Chromatic abbrotation
film grain off

Worth trying with those off to see if one really hits FPS?

again 4K here ULTRA settings 100FPS DLSS/ Quality/perf doesn't matter

turn them all of as standard

found the game to be a paid BETA so much wrong with it from squads being split on server joining /real ****** UI /being unable to join friends midgame/connection problems the list goes on

performance wise it was ok

I5-10400f /32 gb ram / rx6700xt ( 21.11.2 Optional driver )

was getting 80-100 fps on 1440p all high turned a couple of things I normaly turn downs for visabilty reasons and its pretty much locked on 100fps with the odd -10 +5

memory wise the game was using 17-20 gb of memory is this a leak or working as intended not certain (my friend on a 5900 was using 24gb )

gameplay dont know need more uninterupted time with the game and to sort out the mouse settings ect

BUT.... and a Big BUT it is the classic Battlefield experiance they promomised it took us all back to week one of battlefield 3 and how ***** dice are at releasing games

they managed to surpass battlenet last night for crappy day one connection problems and awful interfaces

Associate
No game ready drivers yet is a concern.

Lol to the drama queens thinking this is an abomination, short memories on BF4 there.

I Skipped 4 the alpha and beta was it for me on that game did WOW for a few years instead

but the release of 3 was awful as well but at least you had your own server then so congregate all your friends and associates on

the game is still in BETA tbh

Soldato
No game ready drivers yet is a concern.

Lol to the drama queens thinking this is an abomination, short memories on BF4 there.
game ready drive for bf2042 have been out for months

does seem a connection between sub 2042 game/maps and fps its like a totally different game

Man of Honour
Delighted with this to be honest; much better than the beta was; Portal is great fun; I hope they release more BF1942 stuff and even maybe some BFV maps into the WW2 stuff; its clear the newly updated maps are using BFV assets anyway - that on its own in portal is a better WW2 game than Vanguard is

Soldato
I enjoyed a few hours last night.. I really want to give Vanilla more of a go today however what I was really sucked into last night was Portal

Playing BF3 / BC2 it feels a really generous package to be honest..

I would absolutely love to see some old BF2 maps come through but I'm not overly hopeful.. Gulf Oman / Karkand etc would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom