What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Not quite a man job but since planting them bulbs of tulips and daffodils in pots, some rather pesky animal has decided to dig up the bulbs!
what do you reckon it is? A Fox or a squirrel and whats the remedy to prevent the buggers from re-digging?

Man of Honour
Have to stress you need a bit of ventilation - especially if your garage is reasonably air tight.

Years ago a lad at work killed himself by sleeping in his van on night's with propane gas stove going but it was a small van.

If I had some wall space spare I would just stack some bricks up to make a small chimney breast to put it in. Sort of a permanent spot instead of getting it out from under the bench each time.

I use a cheapish 900watt electric fan heater I got off Amazon - it isn't perfect but it creates a nice comfortable warm spot where I am working without the potential risks of an open flame or carbon monoxide.

Soldato
Could rebate them to hide the black bit (or most of it). Looks good though. I've given the grass it's last cut of the year, hard work as it was about 6 inches long:p, I've topped up the inhibitor in the rads, fitted some extra shelves for shoes and done a bit of painting, and that's just this morning. Might treat myself to a nap later lol.

Soldato
Layed some self leveling concrete earlier, was a bit of a task mixing and pouring 20 X 20kg bags of concrete racing set times!

End result looks good now. Also fitted a new roof to said shed last weekend, and fitting stud work tomorrow, cinema shed project is a go!

Soldato
Could rebate them to hide the black bit (or most of it). Looks good though. I've given the grass it's last cut of the year, hard work as it was about 6 inches long:p, I've topped up the inhibitor in the rads, fitted some extra shelves for shoes and done a bit of painting, and that's just this morning. Might treat myself to a nap later lol.
What shoe shelves did you use? I've built cabinets with pull ours for all of ours yet the favourites still find themselves out on display :o

Soldato
What shoe shelves did you use? I've built cabinets with pull ours for all of ours yet the favourites still find themselves out on display :o
The thing we've got is a cupboard with some bars I'm it. I've added some curtain poles to make extra shelves. Had to do it as the kids shoes ate too small and fall through.

Looks like the one on this page. Sorry tried to embed the pic but it didn't work. https://www.gtresshopx1usa.com/p/?iid=92110831&pr=73.99

Soldato
Leaves, leaves and more leaves. With the knowledge that I'll be doing it again soon as not all trees have shed yet.

feel your pain. Spent 2 hours at the weekend with the leaf vacuum and no sooner had i put it away a crap load more leaves were down.

cant let it build up tho as it turns the garden into a bog if they build up. Love the trees hate this time of year tho lol.

Soldato
Old man job really - spent 10 min fighting my way into a cardboard and plastic wrapping of a oven bulb - took 1min to change it.

One day someone is going to really cut themselves on that stiff molded plastic wrapping.

Soldato
Old man job really - spent 10 min fighting my way into a cardboard and plastic wrapping of a oven bulb - took 1min to change it.

One day someone is going to really cut themselves on that stiff molded plastic wrapping.
Oh if it's that stuff that has a really rigid edge I know what you mean, you have to cut all the sides off to get access. It's a right pain.

Soldato
Yep - you got it and it get's better.

Turned oven on - Got up to temp and wife put a tray of chips in - shut the door then bang -oven went off so went in garage and it had tripped -turned it on and oven was fine, but no oven light.
When it cooled down opened it up and bulb had exploded - so now got to get on to ebay and tell them and send a picture and hope they send two more or money back

fIpbqNy.jpg

Soldato
How annoying. They do tend to last a while though. Question for you guys, I've a crack in my concrete floor. What's best to fill it with if the floor is 25 years old?

Back
Top Bottom