GTA trilogy with modern upgrades is confirmed.

Soldato
its already dropped £18 pound from certain key sites

Refunded via rockstar support you have to reply to their email to process.. :/ even though i logged into their site

either way i might pick it up when its <£30

Soldato
I was just thinking that last night, how come I can run 100 odd FPS around Forza but drops to 50 odd in GTA 3 lol.

I shan't be refunding, I'll just wait for them to iron out the bugs.

Soldato
I was just thinking that last night, how come I can run 100 odd FPS around Forza but drops to 50 odd in GTA 3 lol.

I shan't be refunding, I'll just wait for them to iron out the bugs.
right now you could refund, buy it again from other sources & be £20 up. :D

i will buy it again, but maybe around dec Or when its on steam. for <$30

Associate
The definitive edition was only ever available on pc through rockstar store. Whatever you seen on keysites was likely steam keys for the original games. You can no longer play (a non pirated version) or buy the definitive edition on pc
The Rockstar Games Launcher is now back online. However, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition will remain unavailable to play or purchase as we work to remove some data files that were unintentionally included in the new versions of these games. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to have the correct versions of the games up and running for everyone as soon as possible.

Soldato
The definitive edition was only ever available on pc through rockstar store. Whatever you seen on keysites was likely steam keys for the original games. You can no longer play (a non pirated version) or buy the definitive edition on pc

nope, They are rock star keys, Even said on the site "rock star launcher" normal games sell for £1 right now

Soldato
So that all went well then.

Was this legacy code? as I can't quite get my head around why this is an issue now if it wasn't after they had already been through this process in the past with first Hot Coffee and second the removal of the music tracks in the past.

Very odd.

Anyway, seems they are getting quite the number of refund requests.

Caporegime
So that all went well then.

Was this legacy code? as I can't quite get my head around why this is an issue now if it wasn't after they had already been through this process in the past with first Hot Coffee and second the removal of the music tracks in the past.

Very odd.

Anyway, seems they are getting quite the number of refund requests.

I think the game uses legacy code still, but runs on an unreal engine for graphical rendering, hence the weird old Dev comments.

Soldato
I think the game uses legacy code still, but runs on an unreal engine for graphical rendering, hence the weird old Dev comments.

I appreciate that.

However, all these things would have been in the amended releases of the games on PC over the years. There have been a number of version releases of the games but what has changed from then to now to make R* so jittery?

Soldato
I appreciate that.

However, all these things would have been in the amended releases of the games on PC over the years. There have been a number of version releases of the games but what has changed from then to now to make R* so jittery?
no this is the FIRST unreal GTA & its not done by rockstar its been out sourced to save time/money so they can work on GTA ONLINE

They really have lost their reputation & respect from lot of gamers now zero QA from RS

Soldato
Its kinda running on 2 engines i think, unreal for sure but also its running something else that can read the old scripts and physics stuff as they didnt rewrite that much to make it work in unreal. Thats why it feels like the old games. I think unreal is just for the gfx lighting to work and few other bits. Its weird aint it.

I just cant believe that rockstar/take2 has so much money from gta games i.e billions. That they didnt put the cash were their mouth was so to speak and offer one of the best remasters anyone would have ever seen but nope they did well with some things but a lot of it was ai upscaling then human tweaking some things tho not all things were caught, and obvious engine problems etc.

I really thought better of rs to do right by those games that helped put them on the map.

Dan housen or whatever he is called got out at the right time i think. Hope his new company does well. Maybe he can make some games that rival rs, since he was the main man for the gta games, well the story and writing and maybe other things iirc.

Btw i was wondering something. Is gta trilogy now running dx12 or vulkan or something older?

Soldato
Its kinda running on 2 engines i think, unreal for sure but also its running something else that can read the old scripts and physics stuff as they didnt rewrite that much to make it work in unreal. Thats why it feels like the old games. I think unreal is just for the gfx lighting to work and few other bits. Its weird aint it.

I just cant believe that rockstar/take2 has so much money from gta games i.e billions. That they didnt put the cash were their mouth was so to speak and offer one of the best remasters anyone would have ever seen but nope they did well with some things but a lot of it was ai upscaling then human tweaking some things tho not all things were caught, and obvious engine problems etc.

I really thought better of rs to do right by those games that helped put them on the map.

Dan housen or whatever he is called got out at the right time i think. Hope his new company does well. Maybe he can make some games that rival rs, since he was the main man for the gta games, well the story and writing and maybe other things iirc.

Btw i was wondering something. Is gta trilogy now running dx12 or vulkan or something older?
unreal has many engine migration tools including one for Rockstar old engine so it maybe running natively or being emulated in realtime...

Back
Top Bottom