Website to share live files?

Associate
I'm having to provide lots of documents as evidence with our solicitor which is due on a certain date with family court. I keep sending via email. I'm not exactly sure if she has everything and worried important documents might get missed.

I'm thinking of a live website she can upload everything she has to and I can check and upload extra documents as I receive them as it's all ongoing

Do you know of a site I can use?. It would be ideal to be able to create folders to categorise the documents

Thanks so much!

:)

If you're Windows and/or Chromebook user, then that's another vote for Google Drive imo. The Chromebook already has it installed and it shows up as its own drive. For Windows, you install the app and then it shows up in Explorer as a drive letter. It doesn't take up any space because the drive is remote. Explorer also tells you how much free space you have on the drive based on the quota set by your subscription level.

For Dropbox, you don't get a drive letter. It creates a sync folder on one of your existing drives, then any files you place in there will then upload to your Dropbox quota. It means that the files are in 2 places - local and remote. If you delete the local file, then the remote file gets deleted too.

Make sure you keep backups of your files whichever service you use.

Soldato
I'd be very surprised if you can get your solicitor to use something like that. Most seem to consider email technologically advanced - you're lucky you don't have to send the documents by fax.

Soldato
Another vote for Google drive or Dropbox. Although you might get some resistance from the solicitor being concerned about the security/confidential element.

Associate
OP
Do you think taking a picture of a document on your phone that you can see, is seen as a valid way to produce evidence? Or do you think scanning would be seen via the courts as better?

I don't know why, but I view "taking a picture on my phone" as lessor for some weird reason!. I hope I can do phone though as be much easier.

Your thoughts?

Caporegime
Do you think taking a picture of a document on your phone that you can see, is seen as a valid way to produce evidence? Or do you think scanning would be seen via the courts as better?

I don't know why, but I view "taking a picture on my phone" as lessor for some weird reason!. I hope I can do phone though as be much easier.

Your thoughts?
no one wants to hold your phone it's so bizarre

isn't all evidence submitted to the court already ahead of the court date? the only copies you take to court are for your own refference? so a phone would be fine in that case.

although anyone seeing you fixated on your phone might think your looking at twitter...

surely it comes across as unprofessional and disrespectful?

Soldato
no one wants to hold your phone it's so bizarre

isn't all evidence submitted to the court already ahead of the court date? the only copies you take to court are for your own refference? so a phone would be fine in that case.

although anyone seeing you fixated on your phone might think your looking at twitter...

surely it comes across as unprofessional and disrespectful?
I think she means "capturing the document by phone camera" but still submitting it as a file to share.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There are apps that can product scans in JPEG/PDF by using the camera on your phone.

Scanner Pro on iOS is my go-to if someone requests a scan of something.

Soldato
mega.nz with an encryption key. Send solicitor link with an encryption key in a separate email.

You get 50GB free. Not short of space.
That's never going to happen.
It'll be difficult enough to get them to use a uk-based file sharing service, getting them to move the files outside the UK with all the data-protection issues related to that will be unlikely.

Permabanned
That's never going to happen.
It'll be difficult enough to get them to use a uk-based file sharing service, getting them to move the files outside the UK with all the data-protection issues related to that will be unlikely.

Don't see why not, there wasn't a problem when I did it with solicitors.

You can take a photo and it auto uploads to mega if you have the app on. Then surely if that's the case the solicitor would have a solution for their customers right?....

Man of Honour
I work with 100s of Solicitor firms and most of them have a File Transfer System, we use AMS File Transfer which has been amazing over the last 15 months.
Must be shoddy if they haven't got something like this.
Even the courts use a file transfer system where I upload files all over the country.

Soldato
I'd be very surprised if you can get your solicitor to use something like that. Most seem to consider email technologically advanced - you're lucky you don't have to send the documents by fax.
This lol... Imagine trying to get a solicitor to adopt new tech just for you :cry:

Back
Top Bottom