Poll: Brazilian Grand Prix 2021, São Paulo - Race 19

Rate the 2021 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
It’s hilarious to me reading this thread like it’s all done and gloom, this is Lewis Hamilton in one of the top cars on the grid, he’ll smash through the grid and finish very highly up in the points. What are some of you on

:D

Soldato
I'm not pro-Lewis or anti-Max, but IMO a fine is meaningless for breaching the post-quali rule as regards touching other cars, especially when it's your main rival. It should have been a grid penalty, perhaps even for the main race, rather than simply the sprint race starting in ~30mins.

Drivers and teams don't care about the relatively small amounts (compared to their budgets) that they get fined. They only care about things that adversely affect their race performance and finishing positions.

Associate
It’s hilarious to me reading this thread like it’s all done and gloom, this is Lewis Hamilton in one of the top cars on the grid, he’ll smash through the grid and finish very highly up in the points. What are some of you on

He was not too hot in Monza either finishing 5th as he could get past Lando.

Soldato

Exactly this. While he may not win, he'll still get a podium easily. Think yourself Locky hasn't turned up, it'd be GG DEFAULT CHAMPIONSHIP I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN DOOM MISERY SUFFERING

Man of Honour
Didn't happen in Turkey did it.

Indeed, the dirty air puts you so far back it would seem difficult to get within drs detection range and even then too far back at the final corner for it to be particularly effective. Plus there are plenty of Mercedes powered cars to overtake which won’t be easy.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think Hamilton should not even bother wasting his engine, and just do one lap then pit. Why risk getting the car written off by Hasaspin for a few points at best, and putting laps on an engine that you've just changed. Start from the pits seems the sensible option, if not the racing one, plenty of laps to over take and make use of safety cars, and or strategic pit stops.

Associate
Is there additional testing this winter because the cars are soo drastically different? Has there been any circuit running for next years cars yet. I know there are usually very strict limits but I wondered if it was different this year because the changes are soo drastic it would not benefit the current field of cars.

Soldato
After the last GP where he was criticised publicly by both Wolff and LH, he might give Max and Perez a tow instead :D.
I don't think he's all that bothered about the drivers championship, and Sochi showed that. He's been booted out of the team so he's not going to put his reputation on the line by driving a rival off the road. I don't think Perez is that type of driver either though, thankfully.

I wonder whether Hamilton will just park it and they replace a load of parts.
No sense at all in doing that, unless he literally makes no progress. He should be able to get close to the top 10, perhaps into it, and you'd rather start 15th tomorrow than the pit lane. He's got to take risks to keep the driver's championship alive and hope he doesn't get wiped out in turn 1.

Of course, if he can't move forward they might park it, but I really can't imagine he'll get stuck behind the likes of Alfa's here, and AM will probably wave him through like normal.

He was not too hot in Monza either finishing 5th as he could get past Lando.
He passed Norris on track at Monza. Eventually. It's not a good track for overtaking though and hasn't been for more than 20 years.

Man of Honour
Is there additional testing this winter because the cars are soo drastically different? Has there been any circuit running for next years cars yet. I know there are usually very strict limits but I wondered if it was different this year because the changes are soo drastic it would not benefit the current field of cars.

2022 cars haven't been built yet.

First 2022 car test is Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - 21-25 February. Then another test at Bahrain International Circuit on 10-12 March. Teams will then stay in Bahrain for the season-opener on 20 March.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

If Lewis manages to win the WDC after this crazy season, it’ll be a miracle.

Associate
2022 cars haven't been built yet.

First 2022 car test is Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - 21-25 February. Then another test at Bahrain International Circuit on 10-12 March. Teams will then stay in Bahrain for the season-opener on 20 March.

Thank you. Seems that there could be some large differences in performance at the start of next season if we have had such little testing. I wonder if we will get a BAR situation with a team jumping to the top.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Bottas needs to divebomb Max up the inside and force him to yield. My head says Max will yield because of the championship points but I think instinct will take over and there will be carnage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom