Gigabyte M28U Release Date

Associate
Cheers maybe I need a new cable.. have same the same slowness waking too..
Possibly, vague memory but i'm sure i tried a few onhand USB-C cables i already had inc some '65w' ones but they didn't support above 4k30. Searched the Rainforest and grabbed one listed as 4k60 video. Figured nothing to lose because if it didn't work at that i'd just send it back at no cost / loss.

ASIN: B094CCJMFV

Yeah the kvm lag is irritating but liveable and hope it improves with fw.

Soldato
Possibly, vague memory but i'm sure i tried a few onhand USB-C cables i already had inc some '65w' ones but they didn't support above 4k30. Searched the Rainforest and grabbed one listed as 4k60 video. Figured nothing to lose because if it didn't work at that i'd just send it back at no cost / loss.

ASIN: B094CCJMFV

Yeah the kvm lag is irritating but liveable and hope it improves with fw.

Does the laptop charge as well with that cable?

Associate
I use my Macbook via USB-C and could get 120hz @ 4K with the original firmware but both of the latest versions have limited me to 60hz. I was advised by gigabyte to downgrade if I wanted the higher hz for now but i've not bothered.

Associate
I have a question about this monitor.
Has anyone found out why you can't get the full brightness without turning on Local dimming?

I've found local dimming to be a little annoying, i feel it messes with colours a bit and don't like the 'tuning up/down' it seems to do in games when going from light to dark places.

But with local dimming off, the screen doesn't seem too bright. Is there a way to get full brightness and turn off that feature?

Associate
Does the KVM allow both connected devices to use anything that is plugged into the USB slots on the back of the monitor? For example if I have a bluetooth headset dongle, or USB drive connected, whichever device is selected can access these?

Associate
You can set the KVM to switch between devices with one press and share all attached usb but one must use USB-C as it’s upstream and the other use the USB-B as it’s.

So I used USB-C with my MacBook for data and display and then DisplayPort and USB-B for my PC and share microphone, mouse and keyboard across them both with a single button press :)

Associate
You can set the KVM to switch between devices with one press and share all attached usb but one must use USB-C as it’s upstream and the other use the USB-B as it’s.

So I used USB-C with my MacBook for data and display and then DisplayPort and USB-B for my PC and share microphone, mouse and keyboard across them both with a single button press :)

Sounds like it will work then, thanks for the answer. Mine would be a similar set up, I need to share webcam and headphone adaptor but I guess if the keyboard is detectable then everything else should be too.

Associate
I find MacOS can get confused when I switched between devices while something like a microphone or webcam is in use, but usually because it doesn’t expect it to just vanish like that :D

Other than that it works really well, I even daisy chain a number of USB hubs with loads of stuff.

Associate
I find MacOS can get confused when I switched between devices while something like a microphone or webcam is in use, but usually because it doesn’t expect it to just vanish like that :D

Other than that it works really well, I even daisy chain a number of USB hubs with loads of stuff.
Thanks! Sounds good. I have a KVM switch and USB hub sprawled across the desk at the moment so would be a bonus to tidy that up!

Back
Top Bottom