People eating butter

Man of Honour
Yes.

Butter before jam, sure. Butter before peanut butter?! That's just savage.

I bow to your superior knowledge Dis, but my wife always had a couple of crumpets for breakfast, first spread with butter, then add Dairy Lea cream cheese, sometimes she’d switch to first spread the butter then add peanut butter.
When she reached 52 kg (at 5’ 3”) she cast around for advice from her nieces, two with great figures, one slightly overweight.
They suggested, among things like eat more fruit and do more exercise, to stick with the peanut butter if she liked it, but swerve the butter.
She did this for slightly over three weeks, and came down to 48.5 kg, deep joy chez nous.

Associate
Do you know anyone who does this?

Obviously people eat butter as an ingredient, but one of my colleagues asked me to get her a tub of butter from the shops while I was out - OK, no problem - but when I brought it back she proceeded to eat it out of the tub. Is it weird that I've never seen this being done before? Is it common?
it's so weird but maybe that's because most likely, her body lacks certain vitamins that are just in the butter
she should consult a doctor and give a sample of blood for analysis

Soldato
How many zoomers have even eaten a scone (yet alone could make one - not in home economics?) - I'm guessing they appear on the Crown ...
but, otherwise, rapidly disappearing from popular culture/diet as a polarising issue - butter, cream, whatever ..
salt / sugar on porridge ditto, mushy peas ...

modern takes ? butter or salt on popcorn has that caught on at UK cinemas, KFC with w/o gravy

Man of Honour
u mean like...scoans not scawn? :p if so then naw, it's scauns
any scones are pretty tidy either toasted or microwaved before buttering to let the butter melt in!

Scawn? Scauns? Where are you from, Pitcairn Island?

Jam on first, there's simply no need for debate.

...and it's scones not scons

I could care less what goes on them, or what goes on first, but I’m with you all the way with scones, (skones).
Of course, anyone can pronounce it any way that they like, but it will always be skones for me.

Man of Honour
closer to Scone Palace....pronounced scuin!

Never been there, but after Googling it I must have been close 30 odd years back, when after dropping some steel at Inverkip Power Station, near Largs, I had to schlep over to Dundee, I remember going near Perth.
Bit more civilised over that side I thought, they spoke a language that I could understand, unlike Glasgow.

Man of Honour
Robbie’s making jokes about butter again. How dairy!
dog-serious.gif

Back
Top Bottom