Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
I'm enjoying this, but boy is the PC version buggy. My lad is playing it on the series X, and me on the PC

I seem to drop the online connection quite frequently, micro stuttering no matter what settings I use (60, 120, vsync on and off), and I have the horizontal graphics glitches with SSAO enabled. Shame as I am enjoying the game and it looks stunning in HDR :eek: Seems to run well other than the bugs, averaging 105fps on extreme preset so can't complain too much.

I'm pleased to see the developers have listed these bugs so I'm sure they will all be fixed in an update.

oh, is the voice narrator supposed to be on all the time? Everytime I start the game I get him reading all the buttons out loud? I've disabled it in settings, but still does it.

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4409616884883-FH5-Known-Issues

• Horizontal stripes on road when SSAO is enabled

FFwO3v2.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ah ok. It'd be on xbox so I couldn't use wemod (never heard of it). The goliath race track thing, how much does it help relatively speaking... is that a lot of XP to buy the cars? E.g. what's the price to get say a Aventador? e.g. if the race is 3 million XP is it like 100,000 for an aventador or doesn't it work like that?

Premium version you get a bunch of free cars, a voucher to buy any car you want and a free house via voucher which gives you free wheelspins every day.

Doing the glitch or trick will net you at least 50 cars plus several million.

So you can buy pretty much whatever you want if you did the glitch 5 times.

There is a car which costs 20-30 million so yes some cars like the top 1% may be out of reach but not 99% of cars.

Soldato
Premium version you get a bunch of free cars, a voucher to buy any car you want and a free house via voucher which gives you free wheelspins every day.

Doing the glitch or trick will net you at least 50 cars plus several million.

So you can buy pretty much whatever you want if you did the glitch 5 times.

There is a car which costs 20-30 million so yes some cars like the top 1% may be out of reach but not 99% of cars.

I wondered why my son had wrapped mums hairband around his controller this morning :D

Associate
Might sound stupid but is there the ability to drive anything you want without having to sink hours into the game? I haven't got it yet but before I get it I'd like to know as I don't have that much time to put into the game at the moment and quite fancy just picking any car I'd like and driving around in it. If not, is there a way this can be done or is the entire point for it to be geared around progression of XP or whatever and levelling up through challenges?

Hi, you choose what you want to drive in whatever kind of race you want to drive in. The AI gets cars in the same class with a similar performance rating. Then there are multiple difficulty levels for them and assists for you so you can make it as challenging as you like. You can wander round the map sightseeing or doing stunts in whatever takes your fancy.

On the whole the game is respectful of your time, it throws cars of all types at you and cash to buy or upgrade your own favourites. I've found it to be playable in short bursts or long sessions. There are achievements and accolades if you're of a mind but it's mostly a car themed sandbox to play in.

Soldato
Finished it today after bit of a grind and got in the hall of fame (albeit pretty low down).
It's the first driving game i've played for years, and it was very enjoyable.
I gifted about £200M of cars to new players last night and will give away the rest at some point, but..

i'm keeping the Moggie

vAEFimL.jpg

Excuse the terrible pic, the pic saves on Forzamotorsport.net don't seem to be working.

Back
Top Bottom