*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
OP
im enjoying for the most part, perf is fine for me, bugs are too terrible but are certainly their. bullet spread is the only real issue for me.

THat and finding it hard to find portal servers i want.

they need a side filter with BF3/BC2 etc you can do a search for experience but it doesnt work very well

what i would like to see
DICE - EA spilt

microsoft or another company pick up DICE & then go make a battlefield on any ENGINE you want

as lot of the issues is frostbite is crap
How is frostbite crap? It was one of the best next gen engines in they last decade or so….

Sorry but UE5 is not the answer…..

Soldato
What do people think of the hovercraft? :D

Was playing on Hourglass last night, and I watched somebody drive the actual hovercraft up the side of one of the skyscrapers, onto the roof and ran bunch of people over!

Caporegime
Dont get me wrong, i am enjoying it somewhat, just wish the bugs and performance would get sorted out, also the hit markers are VERY annoying, HATE the bullet spread,once its all sorted the game will be great

Bullet spread? You mean bullets not going precisely where your cursor is?

Does conquest mode have a hardcore mode ? How do i set it to filter and only play hardcore mode?

Also, what’s the button to crawl?

We joined a bf2042 HC server yesterday via Portal mode. You can't set standard conquest to hardcore, really wish they took a page out if COD for that, but you'd only get people moaning that's it's not set up right for them.

Crawl? Z is default I think.

I enjoyed BFv, a lot. Having said that I didn't play BF3 or 4 until recently, and they were pretty clunky.

Soldato
Pure garbage. The maps are terrible, they made such a big deal of the environment changing the situation but in reality is does absolutely nothing apart from making it harder to see what is going on.

The worst offender has to be the hitreg. Iv lost count the amount of times iv pumped an entire clip into someone for them to just turn around and one shot me.
Vehicles are way overpowered, you can have an entire squad pump missiles into a tank and it carries on as if nothing happened. Lets not even talk about the hovercraft..

It feels like the game wants you to wade through countless poorly designed decisions to get to those small glimmers of entertainment.

Caporegime
Pure garbage. The maps are terrible, they made such a big deal of the environment changing the situation but in reality is does absolutely nothing apart from making it harder to see what is going on.

The worst offender has to be the hitreg. Iv lost count the amount of times iv pumped an entire clip into someone for them to just turn around and one shot me.
Vehicles are way overpowered, you can have an entire squad pump missiles into a tank and it carries on as if nothing happened. Lets not even talk about the hovercraft..

It feels like the game wants you to wade through countless poorly designed decisions to get to those small glimmers of entertainment.

Change the game then with Portal mode

Man of Honour
Or I will just uninstall and forget about it. No loss with ea play.

Getting sick of tired of bad devs tbh...industry is rife with them it seems nowadays.

To be fair there's almost no game these days that launches on day 1 that's actually ready; and also remember this isn't Day 1 its effectively Day -5

I wouldn't be surprised to see a decent Day 1 Patch launched next Friday in line with the general release date.

Caporegime
Had some smashing mashes last night anyway, killed a few people after wing suiting down to them, shot a few choppers down nicely.

Getting the hang of flying choppers it's just the planes I don't particularly like.

Associate
Submitted a request for a refund from cdkeys but just had a look at Xbox gamepass for PC...£1 for a month? I'll definitely give it a go next weekend when I've a bit more time.

Associate
There is a submit request page. You have seven days to request a refund if the activation code hasn't been used, along with a couple of other criteria. I waited for the feedback from the first couple of days play and never activated my code. I might pick it up in a few months time. I'm hoping they don't mess me about.

Permabanned
Had a few games as it's "free" on play pro. Seemed to run ok......what's the best way of taking out tanks......

Running 80-100 FFPS @ 1440p, have turned off RTX and turned a few things down though. Could easily turn down a load more but seems ok at that FPS.

Back
Top Bottom