Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Any suggestions for a good wireless charger pad for the home (bedside unit).

Will also be used to charge Pixel Buds and, at some point a smart watch perhaps.

So many to choose but no idea what's good or not. I don't mind paying a bit more for quality as long as it's good. Something slim and discrete but probably needs to be a decent size to fit all 3 device at once potentially.

Soldato
Any suggestions for a good wireless charger pad for the home (bedside unit).

Will also be used to charge Pixel Buds and, at some point a smart watch perhaps.

So many to choose but no idea what's good or not. I don't mind paying a bit more for quality as long as it's good. Something slim and discrete but probably needs to be a decent size to fit all 3 device at once potentially.

I am waiting for the official Google V2 one. Keen to see if that becomes a pad.

Associate
Not unless you use something like nova launcher as I believe that clock is part of the default pixel launcher just like the date+ weather

Rats - thought so. Can't understand why Google would want to take away choice - it takes up so much room on the top bit of the phone. I hope Google change this going forward.

Associate
Just running this scenario by you all in case I'm missing an easy solution.

So at the moment I'm using the always on display which is fine until night time. If I use a wireless charger the screen either needs to point upwards / towards my bed which is a little bright for me.

Apart from turning the phone upside down and placing the wireless charger on top :p, is there a way to turn off the display at night?

Associate
If anybody is wanting a decent film screen protector for the Pixel 6 I recommend these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-TECHG...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0 they fit well and the FPS works fine with them.
I gave these a go and the fingerprint reader doesn't work with it. I had no issues using it with no protection and slightly slower response with a cheap tempered glass one, but 0% recognition with these.
(Tried adding thumbs again and even turning on the extra sensitivity.)

Soldato
See mobiles.co.uk doing Pixel 6 Pro for £275 upfront and £26 monthly with 105GB data(£899 total), might actually pull the trigger as soon as they sort hopefully quickly sort out my Pixel 6 return.

Then again Black Friday is just around the corner so may be hold on a little longer to see who'll do what deal.

So at the moment I'm using the always on display which is fine until night time. If I use a wireless charger the screen either needs to point upwards / towards my bed which is a little bright for me.

Apart from turning the phone upside down and placing the wireless charger on top :p, is there a way to turn off the display at night?
Yes. It's some night time setting. Forget how but I have mine do that. Totally off but only when in bedtime mode

Soldato

Yes, just toggle it off in screen saver settings.

Soldato
See mobiles.co.uk doing Pixel 6 Pro for £275 upfront and £26 monthly with 105GB data(£899 total), might actually pull the trigger as soon as they sort hopefully quickly sort out my Pixel 6 return.

Then again Black Friday is just around the corner so may be hold on a little longer to see who'll do what deal.

You may as well wait for black Friday now after skipping the opening headphone offer

Associate
It's weird how some screen protectors work on some phones but not on others :confused:

Ya, its really strange. It allowed me to register the finger print, so was clearly recognising my finger but didn't take any of them once I locked the phone. As soon as I took the protector off it worked again (using the finger print registered while the screen protector was on).

I have ordered another set of tempered glass ones I saw recommended on here for now.

Back
Top Bottom