***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
If anything the Falcon is the odd one out. Back in October 2017 the exchange rate was 0.88 £ per euro so 799 euro = £703 but the UK RRP was £649.

The Star Destroyer was £649/699 euro 699 euro back in 2019 when it launched was about £622 (0.89 £ per euro).

Today the its 0.86 and it has been as low as 0.84 which is so 799 euro is £687.

The Brexit impact will have some additional admin cost but we are talking a few £ here and as far as I am aware the regulation the products have to meet hasn't actually changed. The exchange rate has also been all over the place in recent years, as low as 0.91 and as high as 0.84 so there is no doubt some of that built in too.

So the new At-At does feel a bit over priced, perhaps £25-£50 but not close to the £100 you suggest it is.
I told my Mrs last night and she thought it was expensive, I'm sure I got the Falcon on sale at 500 or so from smyths a few years ago, so I'm hoping for a sale at some point. Still have some other big models I want first.

Soldato
They’ve steadily been increasing the bigger sized models and are targeting adults while still having the kids factor. It’s a pretty good strategy, especially if they can get family builds going.

Take up so much bloody room though.

Soldato
Heads up that the mini tumbler with scarecrow is £25 free click and collect from Asda George site.

saw it in store yesterday and thankfully didn’t bite. Was a set I was hoping to get for Christmas and couldn’t resist at that price.

Soldato
Heads up that the mini tumbler with scarecrow is £25 free click and collect from Asda George site.

saw it in store yesterday and thankfully didn’t bite. Was a set I was hoping to get for Christmas and couldn’t resist at that price.
So tempted, but my son already has to old batmobile and he's getting quite a lot for Christmas already. Plus I'd then have to get my daughter something else:p.

Soldato
The 76239 minifig tumbler scarecrow showdown set is £25 in asda stores now, nationwide offer. Just picked one up as a spare as that's a great price in case any of you were on the fence.

Soldato
Went on the Lego site.

Basket now has just under £2700 worth of Lego in it...... And thats without 1989 Batmobile

WTF

LEGO

Must not hit buy!!!!!!!!!

Soldato
Is the architecture theme pretty much dead?

There are 12 sets listen on Lego.com but only one of them came out in 2021 and 5 of them are sold out, presumably retired this year.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I think tomorrow might be quite a hit to the credit card!

Will probably get Batmobile if in stock in store, there’s plenty of other sets I want as well if it’s not available! Could easily spend a grand :(

Soldato
I think tomorrow might be quite a hit to the credit card!

Will probably get Batmobile if in stock in store, there’s plenty of other sets I want as well if it’s not available! Could easily spend a grand :(

I only did £500, Home alone and Pooh in Lego store, then Tumbler from zavvi.

Is the r2d2 build worth a purchase?

with current deals definitely IMO

Back
Top Bottom