Harvester unlimited breakfast

Associate
2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 sausages, 2 hash browns, beans and a slice of toast is about my limit. I can eat more but it stops being enjoyable. I very rarely have fry ups these days actually. I think the last time was a half English when I stayed at The Ned a couple of years ago (didn't want a full one because I had to go into the office straight after and actually stay awake), and before that I can't remember.

Soldato
Quality over quantity for me!

Sausage, bacon, mushrooms, poached or scrambled egg, fried bread or toast and black pudding with some HP. Don't mind some haggis on occasions too. But i could swap that for eggs benedict too :)

Beans, tomato, hash browns - bleurgh.

Soldato
Remember in Florida, in the mid 90s, parents and I had breakfast buffets for $2.99 plus bottomless hot drinks for 45c. Cost my parents about £6.50 for all three of us,based on exchange rates. Got enough food plus wrapped a Danish pastry each in a serviette in mum’s handbag. So sat on a bench in one of the various theme parks eating our pastries. That meant 1. Saving money as food was pricey and 2. More time for rides, shoes etc.

Soldato
OP
Out of pure coincidence happened to go to the Harvester for dinner last night, not been for years to this and the breakfast the other day.

The breakfast for £9.99 was great, evening food menu not so much.

Soldato
Spent the night in sunny Blackpool last weekend and had a similar breakfast, went up a few times, off the top of my head it was, 7 bacon, 6 sausage, 4 hash browns, 3 fried eggs, 2 portions of beans, 2 toast and half slice of fried bread.

Soldato
OP
It's probably because I'm mean but £10 for a 'Harvester quality' breakfast sounds awful.

But most cafe breakfasts are not far off now, my local cafe which does a nice cafe breakfast put their prices up to £7 for their "mega breakfast" which was a third of what I had at the Harvester, and the quality was marginallly better at Harvester.

They said (the local cafe this is) that basically costs have shot up recently which given everything that's going on I completely understand and believe him.

Soldato
Spent the night in sunny Blackpool last weekend and had a similar breakfast, went up a few times, off the top of my head it was, 7 bacon, 6 sausage, 4 hash browns, 3 fried eggs, 2 portions of beans, 2 toast and half slice of fried bread.
Blimey, that can feed 3.26 people....!! :p

Soldato

A portion of beans is always subjective. I've been to some places where they serve beans in what i'd describe as a mini saucepan, which counts as a portion. Other times i've had a third of a plate smothered in beans. Out of the ingredients in a fry up, i suspect beans are one of the cheapest, so it's easier for places to fill up plates with beans to make it look like a bigger breakfast.

Soldato
A portion of beans is always subjective. I've been to some places where they serve beans in what i'd describe as a mini saucepan, which counts as a portion. Other times i've had a third of a plate smothered in beans. Out of the ingredients in a fry up, i suspect beans are one of the cheapest, so it's easier for places to fill up plates with beans to make it look like a bigger breakfast.

True, this was self serve, I'd guess my " two portions" was equivalent to a tin.

Soldato
OP
The best breakfasts I have ever had have been in hotels/hotel buffet breakfast.

Its nowhere near as good as it used to be sadly, but back about 15 years ago the Coppid Beech hotel in Bracknell (used to get sent there a lot for work) but the hotel breakfast there was epic.

They had back bacon and streaky, all different eggs, two types of sausages, even had haggis, as well as everything else you would expect. Just go up an help yourself.

Holiday Inn buffet breakfasts always used to be pretty decent also. I prefer it when you can just go up and grab what you want.

Back
Top Bottom