OCZ zx 850 watt

Associate
I am trying to put a new connection on the psu side I went with a pin out on another form but there’s more cables than holes on the connector can anyone please help me out with a pin out

Associate
OP
BD5pmLHom5Bj4Njk7

Soldato
Wires might have been split between two connectors.
Some PSUs use such cabling.
And you should always document positions of wires in connectors before butchering any cable.
With OCZ having gone bankrupt years ago you're unlikely to find data from anywhere.

Anyway those PSUs (like pretty much all OCzs) used second/third tier capacitors and after this many years it's questionable to put work into them.

Associate
OP
I did test it before I removed the header and yes it was a very stupid thing to do without writing down a wiring diagram. If two wires go into one hole they are joined together with one pin so that’s not the case. I have found a pinout picture for the psu but as I say there are too many wires for the holes. I will take another look and try again. Thanks for your reply regards Mark

Associate
OP
No I still have the original pins on the wires. I was going to sleeve the cables but instead upgraded to an ASUS rog strix 1000w I am going to get a custom set of cables sleeved with paracord as sleeving is a tedious process. I don’t mind doing it I just don’t have the time at the moment

Associate
OP
Associate
OCZ PSU, my advice, replace it. Had 3 PSUs replaced under warranty and despite their customer service happy to supply another replacement, I decide to simply go with another manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom