What watch do you wear?

Soldato

Decided I'd had enough of smart watches, but didn't want to throw too much money at a decent watch without knowing what works for me. Decided to go for this Casio MDV106 as it was well reviewed and under £50.

The rubber strap it came with wasn't amazing so have switched it for a Nato one and loving it so far. Very quiet for a quartz movement and the watch itself feels solid. Can't quite believe it was less than £50 new.

Associate

Decided I'd had enough of smart watches, but didn't want to throw too much money at a decent watch without knowing what works for me. Decided to go for this Casio MDV106 as it was well reviewed and under £50.

The rubber strap it came with wasn't amazing so have switched it for a Nato one and loving it so far. Very quiet for a quartz movement and the watch itself feels solid. Can't quite believe it was less than £50 new.

Well respected piece for the money that one!

Soldato
Decided to get a G Shock. I've wanted one for a while for general use, but never got around to buying.

pxl_20211115_152840675_2_by_saiper_deun6fz-fullview.jpg

Associate
kw7NRPo.png

After nearly 2 years and seeing many prototypes, my Horage Tourbillon 1 has finally arrived! A genuine in house flying tourbillon created by Horage and subsidiary THE+ (the actual company behind Bremont's "new movement"), it's got a hell of a spec list with 120-hour power reserve, silicon escapement and 904L metalwork.

Associate
Not a fan of the dial and the style but congratulations on the tourbillon, lovely piece to look at! ;)

I'm personally still in love with my Chinese tourbillon (Aision AN-T01), I never get bored of looking at it functionning.

Associate
A quick back shot of the the CW mentioned earlier in the thread ..

dCq2ncp.png

And if anyone wants to hear about it, the collabs with different companies to produce it etc then from 52:30 on this episode Mike France talks about it all (the rest of the episode is with Luc from Only Watch so worth a listen if you have an interest there too)...

http://www.scottishwatches.co.uk/20...with-the-creator-of-only-watch-luc-pettavino/

I have nothing against CW, in the contrary I think they offer great watches for the price asked (had one in the past), and while technically this new model is amazing to look at I can't get past its thickness.

It's close to 16mm thick and no matter the brand I could never wear a watch that thick :(

Soldato
kw7NRPo.png
After nearly 2 years and seeing many prototypes, my Horage Tourbillon 1 has finally arrived! A genuine in house flying tourbillon created by Horage and subsidiary THE+ (the actual company behind Bremont's "new movement"), it's got a hell of a spec list with 120-hour power reserve, silicon escapement and 904L metalwork.

Not my cup of tea but you cant complain at a tourbillon at that incredible price. Excuse my ignorance but I take it a flying tourbillon only rotates in one plane or is it the case that most of them do?

Last edited:
Caporegime
The new Pelagos FXD with integrated lug bars and MN strap looks rather cool. They've dropped the WR to 200m, removed the date window, removed the helium valve and reduced the thickness.... BUT have increased the lug to lug length to a bit over 52mm :/

It's £2900 and I was all about it until that lug to lug length was seen.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-tudor-pelagos-fxd-ref-25707b

Looks inferior to the original Pelagos imo in everything other than size (smaller is good) and colour (Navy blue is more practical). However the markers all around the bezel look too busy and they have significantly altered the dial to be less 3D and removed the texturing. The date removal is also ok but the data also looks very discreet on the original Pelagos, iike a regular baton marker, so I often just ignore it anyway.

I have nothing against CW, in the contrary I think they offer great watches for the price asked (had one in the past), and while technically this new model is amazing to look at I can't get past its thickness.

It's close to 16mm thick and no matter the brand I could never wear a watch that thick :(
Yeah that is just insanely thick! Even my Tudor Pelagos is "only" 14mm and it's a 500m dive watch! A Rolex Seadweller rated at 4000m is also even thinner at 15.5mm!

Nuts.

Associate
Not a fan of the dial and the style but congratulations on the tourbillon, lovely piece to look at! ;)

I'm personally still in love with my Chinese tourbillon (Aision AN-T01), I never get bored of looking at it functionning.

Cheers, that was the point of buying it - mechanical art in motion. Just Googled that one - how much was it and whats the fit and finish like - looks damn good!

Associate

That was one of the downsides I highlighted too, possibly what put me off getting one.

Associate
Not my cup of tea but you cant complain at a tourbillon at that incredible price. Excuse my ignorance but I take it a flying tourbillon only rotates in one plane or is it the case that most of them do?

Its the same as a normal one but they have removed bridgework so you can see it "fly". A gyro tourbillon is the one that looks like a NASA training rig and rotates on multiple axis instead of just rotating like a sub dial.

1vW08Ba.jpg

Soldato
Its the same as a normal one but they have removed bridgework so you can see it "fly". A gyro tourbillon is the one that looks like a NASA training rig and rotates on multiple axis instead of just rotating like a sub dial.

1vW08Ba.jpg

Ahh ok thanks, its the gyro tourbillon that I have seen previously working and thought how awesome it looked and wrongly assumed thats how they all worked. Thanks again.

Associate
Cheers, that was the point of buying it - mechanical art in motion. Just Googled that one - how much was it and whats the fit and finish like - looks damn good!

Paid £570 via their Kickstarter campaign and for the price it's an absolute stunner, I love it personally :cool:

dod

dod

Soldato
Ah well, patience is a virtue. Pretty poor email from Ernest Jones though :rolleyes:

"It’s been a while since you registered interest in the limited Omega Snoopy Moonwatch...…

We have finally had confirmation from Omega that they have now started production of these very special watches. The good news is that if you are on the official Omega waiting list (which of course you are via ourselves) then you will definately have a watch built for you...... the not so good news is that they reckon it will take them about 5 years to get through the list! They have now closed the list so no one else can be added - we shall keep your build slot and obviously adbise you when it arrives but this may be a number of years."

Caporegime
Ah well, patience is a virtue. Pretty poor email from Ernest Jones though :rolleyes:

"It’s been a while since you registered interest in the limited Omega Snoopy Moonwatch...…

We have finally had confirmation from Omega that they have now started production of these very special watches. The good news is that if you are on the official Omega waiting list (which of course you are via ourselves) then you will definately have a watch built for you...... the not so good news is that they reckon it will take them about 5 years to get through the list! They have now closed the list so no one else can be added - we shall keep your build slot and obviously adbise you when it arrives but this may be a number of years."
It's only a poor email if nowhere in it did they thank you for your custom and your patience. Otherwise, seems very on point. :D

Back
Top Bottom