• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
When I was on the 470+ drivers RDR2 never crashed...
But to play the 666 updated version of Doom I needed the 490+ drivers...
Now RDR2 crashes often, I've verified my RDR2 files but still the same problem :/

Caporegime
NVIDIA GeForce 496.76 WHQL

Game Ready for Battlefield 2042
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for Battlefield 2042, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS and maximize performance and NVIDIA Reflex to minimize latency. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles to leverage DLSS technology, including Assetto Corsa Competizione, Bright Memory: Infinite, Farming Simulator 22, Hot Wheels Unleashed, and Myth of Empires. Additionally, this Game Ready Driver also provides the best experience for Ruined King: A League of Legends Story.

New Features and Other Changes
NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings • Added Image Scaling control to boost application frame rates and increase the level of sharpness, detail, or clarity of images in games and applications

Fixed Issues in this Release

- [WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship/WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship]: The games crash on launch. [3409320/3409312]
- [Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint]: Textures in the game may flicker. [3410593]
- [Transport Fever]: The game crashes upon launch. [3411731]
- [Transport Fever 2]: Null pointer exception occurs in the display driver. [3409614]
- [Quake 2 RTX]: Image corruption occurs in the blurred (bloom effect) background. [3410802]
- [Far Cry 6][DirectX 12][GeFOrce RTX 3070 Ti]: With ULTRA + DXR + HD textures set, the game crashes at 4K. [3391784]
- [Detroit Become Human]: Random stuttering/freezing occurs in the game. [3389250]
- [Red Dead Redemption 2]: The game crashes with TDR or the system crashes while running the game. [200766423]
- [Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War]: The game randomly crashes. [3413347]
- [Marvel's Avengers Xbox Game Pass for PC version]: Game may randomly crash during gameplay [3404644]

Windows 10/11 Issues

- [Supreme Command:Forged Alliance/Supreme Commander 2]: Performance drop when there is mouse movement. [3405920]
- [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
- [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel. [200762998] To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
- [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758]
- YouTube: The YouTube web site randomly displays extreme contrast/gamma while idle or during video playback. [3420164]
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling][Desktop]: The screen moves to the upper left corner on cold boot when Image Scaling is applied to the desktop. [3424721] Do not apply NVIDIA Image Scaling to the desktop. It is intended only for video upscaling or for games which do not run with a scaling resolution unless the same Image Scaling resolution is applied on the desktop.
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling][DirectX 11 video apps]: With Image Scaling enabled, video playback is corrupted or results in a system hang after performing an HDR transition. [3431284] If HDR is required to be toggled from the Microsoft Control Panel, be sure to switch to a different Image Scaling resolution. Note: You may encounter issues installing the NVIDIA Control Panel from the Windows Store. See “Issues Installing the NVIDIA Control Panel from the Windows Store” on page 19 for more information. Release 495 Driver for Windows, Version 496.76 RN-08399-496-76_v01 | 10 Open Issues in Version 496.76 WHQL
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling]: After performing a clean install or over install over version 496.49, NVIDIA Image Scaling resolutions do not appear in the game. [3434708] To work around, a. Disable HDR in case it's enabled from the Microsoft Control Panel, enable Image Scaling and apply the Image Scaling resolution on the desktop, and then reboot the system. b. If the previous instructions do not work, upgrade to the hotfix driver 496.84.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-496-76-whql-driver-download.html

Caporegime
Clipboard02.jpg

This looks new Image Scaling : Turn Image Scaling on to Boost frame rates of your application......

Caporegime
NVIDIA Image Scaling Available Now
As part of our new Game Ready Driver, we’re today releasing an updated NVIDIA Image Scaling feature, available via GeForce Experience and the NVIDIA Control Panel. And to enable developers to incorporate the new technique into their games, we’re releasing NVIDIA Image Scaling as a free, platform-agnostic open source SDK.

For the past two years, NVIDIA has offered a driver-based spatial upscaler called NVIDIA Image Scaling and Sharpening, for all your games, that didn’t require game or SDK integrations to work.
With the new November GeForce Game Ready Driver, we have improved the scaling and sharpening algorithm to now use a 6-tap filter with 4 directional scaling and adaptive sharpening filters to boost performance. And we have also added an in-game sharpness slider, accessible via GeForce Experience, so you can do real-time customizations to sharpness.

2. When you enable Image Scaling, the driver generates 5 additional scaling resolutions based on your native monitor resolution that you can select from in-game settings menus to use with NVIDIA Image Scaling. We recommend doing a quick reboot to ensure your games recognize these new resolutions

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/battlefield-2042-game-ready-driver/

Caporegime
The latest Nvidia 472.47 standard studio driver's are brilliant for me in Battlefield 2042!! I just played for over 3 hours worth of the game with no crashes at all! :D 496's suck!

Caporegime
Any idea what's going on with the 980 GTX Windows 10 system? Currently using the 496.49's!

Windows 10 just updated today, and now I'm getting this when trying to update to the 496.76, the hotfix or my preferred 2070 driver the 472.47

GVwkgfo.jpg

Windows 10 Pro
21H1

Soldato
Possibly an issue related to upgrading from a non-DCH driver to a DCH one, or a Studio driver to a non-Studio one. I had no trouble installing the latest ones on a GTX 970. DDU time I reckon.

Caporegime
Possibly an issue related to upgrading from a non-DCH driver to a DCH one, or a Studio driver to a non-Studio one. I had no trouble installing the latest ones on a GTX 970. DDU time I reckon.

All fixed on the 980 GTX system thanks for that!

Anyway it has been FIXED!

1) On the RTX 2070 system I was getting no end of crashes within 30mins of play sometimes less, this was with the latest NVIDA drivers! So I used the recommended Studio drivers which were the 472.47 and everything works as it should. Battlefield performs well enough with no crashes. This was installed over the top of the 496 drivers!

2) When I loaded the 980 GTX system, upon installing a Windows 10 update I tried to install the 472's because as far as I'm concerned they are more stable than the latest ones provided at Nvidia. However it was failing to install because it said Windows 10 was the wrong version, it was also failing trying to install the latest HOTFIX which I believe is the 496.84?

3) I unstalled the drivers using DDU as you suggested, clean wiped them, and now the 472's have been installed and will wait to the 49x's mature some more before using them again on the 980GTX!

Thanks again :D

Soldato
Always ensure you have your network disconnected when installing any drivers. (Win 10 & 11)

This is what I have been doing since I experienced a problem where when I uninstalled the Nvidia driver, widows thought it would be smart and install the windows update nvidia driver in the background.

At the same time I installed the latest Nvidia drivers and royally screwed up my system.

Since then, whenever I install any driver I always disconnect from the internet so windows cannot download from windows update during my manual update.

Associate
Always ensure you have your network disconnected when installing any drivers. (Win 10 & 11)

This is what I have been doing since I experienced a problem where when I uninstalled the Nvidia driver, widows thought it would be smart and install the windows update nvidia driver in the background.

At the same time I installed the latest Nvidia drivers and royally screwed up my system.

Since then, whenever I install any driver I always disconnect from the internet so windows cannot download from windows update during my manual update.

I always do that when i do a clean install drivers first and then reboot and connected to internet and then windows update.

Soldato
New driver recommendation for Warzone anyone? I'm still on 461.40 and have no issues at all. Would there be any benefit updating to a later driver?
GPU I have is a 3080FE

Soldato
Any idea what's going on with the 980 GTX Windows 10 system? Currently using the 496.49's!

Windows 10 just updated today, and now I'm getting this when trying to update to the 496.76, the hotfix or my preferred 2070 driver the 472.47

GVwkgfo.jpg

Windows 10 Pro
21H1
double check iGPU is not enabled, it maybe detecting the intel GPU

Caporegime

Just tell windows not to install drivers as standard is a much easier fix.

Back
Top Bottom