A growing trend in trolling teachers

Soldato
What is a fully grown adult doing on TikTok anyway? Or most social media? I could understand a Facebook account due to how old it is, but that should be set to private. In the last few years, people are starting to learn the consequences of putting up their entire real lives on the internet.

Outside of this forum, the only thing I have is a fake Twitter account to mercilessly troll the living **** out of SJW's and Wet liberals for a laugh.

Soldato
What is a fully grown adult doing on TikTok anyway? Or most social media? I could understand a Facebook account due to how old it is, but that should be set to private. In the last few years, people are starting to learn the consequences of putting up their entire real lives on the internet.

Outside of this forum, the only thing I have is a fake Twitter account to troll the living **** out of SJW's and Wet liberals for a laugh.

This has got to be one of the worst hot takes in this thread. You managed to combine victim blaming and admitting to online trolling, 10/10 for effort.

You don’t even see you are literally a part of the problem.

Soldato
The teachers these days need to be made of tough stuff. Lot of kids don't have much respect these days.

I watched a video the other day of a kid in the US, he sounded about 12, asking the teacher on camera if he could have sex with her. No respect.

Says more about the kids of this day and age.

There definitely needs to be more that can be done to hold kids accountable for some of their actions.

Soldato
I think it would be impossible to reintroduce now, even if somehow a government could vote it in, with social media etc in place, we would just get protests, refusing to go to school etc. and there would have to be a climb down.

So a new system needs to be devised that somehow can teach children they need to respect authority.

Curious what was the reason at the time for its removal? was it been abused by staff or something?

Soldato

There definitely needs to be more that can be done to hold kids accountable for some of their actions.

That and the utter shockingly poor parenting that just seems to be accepted these days.

the standard of behaviour needs to massively increase online including places like here, if it doesn't we will end up with a china style system where you need to give over your ID to make an account.

I honestly think we are only a few high profile incidents away from that conversation becoming a reality and I think most normal people will not have an issue with it.

V F

V F

Soldato
This has got to be one of the worst hot takes in this thread. You managed to combine victim blaming and admitting to online trolling, 10/10 for effort.

You don’t even see you are literally a part of the problem.

That depends though. For all you know he could be trolling their lunacy. If on the other hand one trolls to antagonize somebody to provoke a reaction then no. That's wrong but there are no rules and laws on the Internet. Otherwise all the issues and whatnot wouldn't be happening.

This has all been happening in different forms that I can remember as far back as 2003 in much smaller circles. Now it's on one massive world wide scale.

Considering the adults aren't made accountable either. Very few takes responsibility these days. It's all deflection. Everybody sees a free for all.

Kids hasn't changed much except they have more powerful tools to utilize their ways. Remember the happy slapping?

Soldato
Considering the adults aren't made accountable either. Very few takes responsibility these days. It's all deflection. Everybody sees a free for all.

Kids hasn't changed much except they have more powerful tools to utilize their ways. Remember the happy slapping?

Yep very true, it all stems back to a soft judicial system.

Soldato
It didn't help trying to concentrate on difficult maths problems tbh. I used to wait until after school.
My maths teacher was nicknamed 'Thug' Harris, he got me to a grade 2 pass in O level maths and was probably a very decent chap.
Most of my teachers in the early sixties had a service record during WW2. Captain this, Squadron Leader that, a few other ranks, a Corporal for PE etc,. The oldest ones were too old for signing up and a few younger ones were coming through in my last year's there.
All did use some form of corporal punishment it was not left to the headmaster, parents did not complain if young Johnny had stripes on his Bum the weekend he went home.
A different world., we still very occasionally obtained some beer or smokes, we listened to rock and pop and read OZ magazine. We just tried not to be caught doing some of those things.

Permabanned
I would never even dream of telling my parents I had been hit by a teacher for some misdemeanor, as I would know my father would administer some more physical punishment for "showing his parenting up" as he liked to say. Hell, he punched me so hard on the chin once for telling him to **** off in the front garden during a very heated argument I was literally out cold for a short time. I made sure to bite my foul tongue whatever the provocation after that incident...

Those teachers who sometimes deferred from physical punishments often had tongues like vipers and could make you look and feel utterly cretinous in front of your peers.

There was ABSOLUTELY nothing PC about what they said either. One lad had a father who was a solicitor and his old man had made the papers over some scam. This lad was accused of plagiarising some work for his English essay, and got told that he should try and leave his criminal genes back home when he leaves for school each morning.

I was once told to see if a new boy "of colour" knew how to use a formal cutlery layout. He was some ambassador's son and rubbed shoulders with some of our minor Royals. He knew more about formal dinners than anyone I was likely to ever meet ;)

My form master asked us all in our first week what cars our fathers drove, and one said a Ford Prefect. This teacher told him that his father was probably either very unfortunate or a wastrel at school, and that "This eminent establishment, appreciated and used fully, could put a Bentley on the drive of your detached house, given due diligence and application".

He also wrote on someone's school report that their son's destination more likely lay in Strangeways prison than university.

Any of the above would be appalling to today's school governors but gave a certain resilience and backbone to us, and probably few of us would be engaging the help of the forum moderators after feeling hurt in an argument after such experiences ;) In hindsight it was a great era and a good grounding.

Soldato
It might be worth proposing a system where a school has the power to suspend pupils for abuse to teachers, suspended pupils are then made to work in a slave style factory for 2 weeks, and then the suspension is finished. They are not allowed back in the school until the 2 weeks of shifts are completed. There would also be a fine to parents who try to resist it (parents would lose child benefit).

Permabanned
It might be worth proposing a system where a school has the power to suspend pupils for abuse to teachers, suspended pupils are then made to work in a slave style factory for 2 weeks, and then the suspension is finished. They are not allowed back in the school until the 2 weeks of shifts are completed. There would also be a fine to parents who try to resist it (parents would lose child benefit).

A temporary version of the old and effective Borstal then!? Gets my vote.

Back
Top Bottom