Halo Infinite Mulitplayer (free and out now)

Soldato
Good to hear, what's spec, settings and approx FPS were you experiencing?

will check settings, but machine is

2700x
32gb 3200mhz
980gtx
ASUS 27” 1440

will check settings. Most things are low tbh, possibly 1080p with min/max fps set to 60 and it sticks to that - but feels really good.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
I read today it's going to use the time between this early release and full release to iron out any issues so yes, this is a type of beta and when the official date passes, more items and events will be added. Hopefully optimisations also.

Associate
I'm on a 5800X, Radeon 6800XT, 1440p and it struggles to 120-130 on low :cry::cry:. Ultra is down at 60ish.

So, having installed the latest Radeon drivers (i think they are released today [check Radeon drivers thread]) which are apparently optimised for Halo, I'm now experiencing a lovely 130-140 fps with everything on high or ultra, with the exception of the wind effects and shadows, both of which are low.

Man of Honour
So is it beta or not? If they are running a battleplass and season 1, it doesn't sound like a beta.

Fortnite was in "early access" Well past season 10 if I recall correctly. Not that that's an amazing benchmark to use :p
Is it me or the exp you gain absolutely tiny. Will be an eternity to get to full level.

I've not played, but from what I hear the idea is to hold on to the XP boosts you earn (quite easily, apparently?), then build up your challenges until a few are nearly complete, and only then pop the boost to try to get it all in the boost window. Someone who's done more than watched too many YouTube videos could maybe explain better/reveal that I'm talking rubbish :cry:

Associate
Has anyone been playing big team mode 12 vs 12? all i seem to get is the same map over and over but different game modes, how do you play other maps in the 12 vs 12 mode?

Associate
That was the one mode I didn't really enjoy. Picking up power cells to power up a base.
Thats just one of the modes in the big team 12 vs 12, there is also capture the flag, capture the points and big team slayer...only thing is it seems to be only 1 map? which is very strange

They said all maps would be available from day 1 so dont understand why its always the same map but with different modes?

Soldato
Is it me or the exp you gain absolutely tiny. Will be an eternity to get to full level.

Might be the reason they've extended the Battle pass well into 2022 from what I've read.

Really enjoying this at the moment, won my first ranked game. Love the combat in Halo, it's it's own thing and it's the best one they've done for years imo!

Soldato
Still too slow though. Been playing all evening. I'm barely half way through level 2 and that's after cashing in the daily challenges.

Even with Apex you could get max level playing casual.

EDIT : reddit is blowing up about this and 343 have acknowledged on twitter.

Last edited:
Associate
I downloaded last night and will try and grab a game later. From the streams I have seen the TTK looks far too high though.

As things stand I expect the novelty of a new Halo game will soon wear off and the numbers will drop in the new year. It really needs a BR mode to come out in the near future.

Associate
I was really enjoying this last night but it was taking me ages to match up, sometimes it wouldn't at all and I had to restart the game.
Tried fiddling about with anything I could but don't really have a clue what I'm doing in online games lobbies.

Last edited:
Soldato
Melee is so powerful - forget shooting people - borderline 1 hit melee kill everytime.

XP is laughable - played about 9 games last night - not cleared lvl 1 yet! haha

Associate
Is xp not just for cosmetic crap? Not sure why any adult would care about that if it is.

Things were much simpler when I used to play quake 3 arena or counter strike 1.3-1.6

Back
Top Bottom