Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
Have vsync off,you could cap the high range of fps in game if you like, im not sure why he was getting micro stutter though, i get the occasional stutter sometimes but not to bad, the game needs a update really as there is a few bugs etc

So with gsync on I should have vsync off generally?

Are these specs ok though or lacking to run this game?

Rig 1: (2560 x 1440p with gsync)
CPU = AMD 1600AF 6core
32gb ram
GPU = RTX 3060
The game on medium settings seems to lag a little bit from time to time. It also seems to keep crashing to desktop a lot.

Rig 2: (1920 x 1080)
CPU = AMD 3700x 8 core
32gb ram
GPU = RTX 3060
The game is set to vsync on and it gets constant 60fps even on ultra settings. It defaulted to extreme (above ultra) but I put it down to ultra.

Associate
your higher than 1080 res or what?

runs solid 60fps here with 4670k, 8gb ram and a 980ti which according to google is about equal to your pc

I had the memory low warning but didn't notice any performance impact.

no game made me wanna upgrade yet tbh.. maybe forza motorsport next year might but I doubt it since games that run on the consoles kinda are holding gaming back anyway

1080p for me as well. I don't really have a need for a monitor that can go higher resolution than that at the moment (maybe something 144hz up to 27inch would be nice with the right component upgrade) as typically the real life car gets the money spent on it! I've been reading some of the spec me threads recently to try and get my eye back in the world of PC components because the last time I really paid attention was when the 1070 came out.

I don't usually do benchmarks (if it runs and is playable that is all I want to know normally), but I've just run one with the exact same settings as you, but Shadow Quality on high and I achieved 57FPS. Stutter count was a lot higher at 130. I do think the CPU and RAM is starting to hold me back in newer games now. I say starting to, but RDR2 and a couple of other games in recent memory have made me think that 10 years is good innings for the 2500k and 8GB RAM. I actually bumped a fair few of the settings up for the benchmark, so I might have a go on the game this evening actually running those settings.

Associate
So with gsync on I should have vsync off generally?

Are these specs ok though or lacking to run this game?

Rig 1: (2560 x 1440p with gsync)
CPU = AMD 1600AF 6core
32gb ram
GPU = RTX 3060
The game on medium settings seems to lag a little bit from time to time. It also seems to keep crashing to desktop a lot.

Rig 2: (1920 x 1080)
CPU = AMD 3700x 8 core
32gb ram
GPU = RTX 3060
The game is set to vsync on and it gets constant 60fps even on ultra settings. It defaulted to extreme (above ultra) but I put it down to ultra.
Rig 2 will run it with ease, rig one should be ok but the cpu may limit a little, yep, with gsync you generally have vsync off in game, you can turn vsync on in nvc if you really want to so it will never go above the refresh rate of your monitor.

Associate
Im running a G9 Samsung at full res, getting around 55fps with my 1080ti but sometimes crashing for some reason. Any details I can turn off that don't really help?

Soldato
I'm a bit lost with races, got the AI on expert, seems only way to get 1st is modding vehicles, depending on how powerful the vehicle is modded the class changes, but you can ride any race with any type of vehicle there doesn't seem to be a restriction?

Caporegime
I'm a bit lost with races, got the AI on expert, seems only way to get 1st is modding vehicles, depending on how powerful the vehicle is modded the class changes, but you can ride any race with any type of vehicle there doesn't seem to be a restriction?
go into a race with a stock car, once the race has loaded apply your tune.

apparently cos the race has loaded the AI cars are trapped at that class but you can change it on your car.

Soldato
Im running a G9 Samsung at full res, getting around 55fps with my 1080ti but sometimes crashing for some reason. Any details I can turn off that don't really help?

What cpu and ram? Running full res on the G9? Are you using a preset and if so which one, i.e. Medium, high, ultra, extreme? What did you set the "fps" setting to? I take it you left vsync off in the settings as well?

I have an original G9 and a 3060ti but haven't installed the game yet, just been trying to set it up on my boy's rigs.

Soldato
Quick question regarding the time limited seasonal events around the map.

It puts me against "highly skilled" drivertars without an option to change the difficulty - but they are impossible to beat. Does it come down to tuning? do I have to use a steering wheel? What's the catch? I consider myself a fairly competent player but these drivertars are beating me by a good 10-15 seconds im always dead last!

Associate
What cpu and ram? Running full res on the G9? Are you using a preset and if so which one, i.e. Medium, high, ultra, extreme? What did you set the "fps" setting to? I take it you left vsync off in the settings as well?

I have an original G9 and a 3060ti but haven't installed the game yet, just been trying to set it up on my boy's rigs.

I have a 3900X, 64GB RAM 3200mhz. The game suggested Ultra when installed which crashed after the 1st race. I turned off Vsync went down to High preset and changed to at 60hz.
Stutter count says 5 in the benchmark? Not sure what else to change?

I had HWinfo running to check temps...

Soldato

It puts me against "highly skilled" drivertars without an option to change the difficulty - but they are impossible to beat. Does it come down to tuning? do I have to use a steering wheel? What's the catch? I consider myself a fairly competent player but these drivertars are beating me by a good 10-15 seconds im always dead last!

Yup need the right car and tweak tuning depending on race

Soldato
I have a 3900X, 64GB RAM 3200mhz. The game suggested Ultra when installed which crashed after the 1st race. I turned off Vsync went down to High preset and changed to at 60hz.
Stutter count says 5 in the benchmark? Not sure what else to change?

I had HWinfo running to check temps...

I'm a little confused now. Check this video below at the 8min15sec mark where there is the Frame Rate setting. He goes all the way to the right and there is an "unlock (variable)" setting there. I swear I did not have this option on my rig1 posted above despite that it is a gsync compatible monitor and is turned on in nvidia control panel. Maybe it did only show after unchecking vsync and I missed it. Surely you want to just leave it on variable with vsync off if you have a gsync monitor? Why would you set it to 60fps? Is this saying you want it to always try to produce 60fps to the detriment of turning other things off dynamically as you game, or is it an FPS cap not allowing it to go over 60?

I've got a old PC and it runs great at high/ultra 1440p!

Specs?

Soldato
I finally found my last road tonight! After far longer than I care to admit looking for it I gave up. Then drifting home to pick up a few skill points I found it. It was a stupid little drive that’s all of about 5m long but counts as a road!

The one I did it took me a few cars until I found one that had the right balance of stats to be competitive. It depends on the tracks but some cars, even though the same class, are rubbish.

This is the one that uses modern sports car, or something like that? With the ai using mx5’s, rx8’s, z4’s etc? I used an Evora then an MX5 before finally succeeding with an Audi TT.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
For the modern sports off-road/trail type race... get the MKV Supra, add off road tyres, convert to AWD then use the auto upgrade to boost it as close to top of A class as possible. Then in the tune adjust rhe final drive so it estimates a ~160mph top speed. Sorted.

Anyone get FOMO with the weekly seasonal stuff? Taken me all week to do these events, never mind play much else of the game, so can't feasibly get into the hall of fame to even unlock that event. The arcade events are also impossible to complete. Also the max points limit is more than what's on offer from what I can see. I've unlocked the DMC & Aston, but there's an overall tally for the season to unlock the AMG & F1 so you want to rack up the points.

Caporegime
I found the in-game benchmark to be more demanding than the actual game. No crashes so far since my last one a few pages back, and all I have done is do a dust clean inside the tower (some parts were pretty bad, also I noticed my AIO radiator and its fans needed better alignment so more cool air was reaching below the GPU).

Associate

Why would you want to *not* modify the car? Its a core part of the gameplay. Seems an odd complaint.

You don't need to get into the in depth tuning to compete with the AI in most cases, just put sensible parts on and you're good.

Caporegime
Going to try and not make the same mistake as I did with FH3, upgrade cars willy nilly to their max and then proceed to wheel spin and barely be able to get the car going :o:p.

Back
Top Bottom