• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
Stock informer is a website but telegram is an app on your phone. Basically if stock comes in it pings your phone so you can try and grab one.

Soldato
Tried to snag a digital one for my son but they were gone by the time I got in. I'm guessing the bots are still out in force?

No, it's simply demand > supply.
I know it's easy to blame faceless bots, evil people running them.....
The scalp rate has never been any higher than around 12% - you're simply losing out to other people who want to purchase.

Associate
Thanks chaps I will look into them
Just so you are aware the stock lasted about 2 minutes so you need to be on the ball ready to order. Make sure you use their telegram notification service it is slightly faster and you will get a notification on your phone and in my case Apple Watch. I ordered straight away using my phone via the Amazon app.

Soldato
@RockLobster

Thanks I'll hold out for Amazon or Very because I have accounts and apps already setup for them and I'm only after the base console with one controller ready for PSVR2 and to play some exclusives I missed out on over the years. Would be good to get it for Christmas though so I show my boy some games on the big TV

How do I link telegram to stock informer or have I gotten confused?

At the moment I've just signed up for the stock informer Tweets

Associate
@RockLobster

Thanks I'll hold out for Amazon or Very because I have accounts and apps already setup for them and I'm only after the base console with one controller ready for PSVR2 and to play some exclusives I missed out on over the years. Would be good to get it for Christmas though so I show my boy some games on the big TV

How do I link telegram to stock informer or have I gotten confused?

At the moment I've just signed up for the stock informer Tweets

Register an account with stockinformer. Go to your profile. Under your profile there’s an invite link for telegram/discord.

Soldato
I'm confused as to what is going on with PS5 stock - I'm not making it up when I say there have been big quantities going out to retailers over the last couple of weeks and quite a lot more in transit but it doesn't seem to be appearing in stock.

According to latest news articles people are guessing at this morning for GAME and tomorrow or later this week for Argos but there is a lot more going through than just stock for those two.

I don't know what is going on when the price is fixed so neither the retailers or Sony benefit from manipulating demand.

This is something I have moaned about on here, and one person agreed with me.

What they doing is trying to build up stock so they can temporarily allow orders for more than a few minutes.

Whilst what I think they should be doing is getting rid of these silly queue systems and order windows, simply let people order when they want, and they get their console when the retailer gets shipments.

For as long as they keep doing this, it will artificially increase demand, and also force the flow of orders through small tiny order windows at once, which will inevitably cause this problem.

Imagine what would happen if all traffic lights around the country were red for 23 hours 45 mins a day with all alternate routes closed, and then green for the last 15 minutes, it would be a everlasting traffic jam.

Soldato
Tried to snag a digital one for my son but they were gone by the time I got in. I'm guessing the bots are still out in force?

Not sure if you're accusing me of using a Bot but if so then no I didn't. Strangely though, apparently I need to give the delivery driver a one time passcode to get the unit tomorrow... Considering I'm currently offshore working nightshifts this is going to be a PITA.

Does anyone know what happens if you don't have the code for the driver?

Soldato
Not sure if you're accusing me of using a Bot but if so then no I didn't. Strangely though, apparently I need to give the delivery driver a one time passcode to get the unit tomorrow... Considering I'm currently offshore working nightshifts this is going to be a PITA.

Does anyone know what happens if you don't have the code for the driver?

I had this they won’t deliver it if you cannot give them the passcode.

Back
Top Bottom