Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Associate
Just seems modding is a 1 click process to max the car out.

If you use the auto tuning option, sure. You can also select your own parts and make your own choices on how to use the available PI for your target class - do you make sacrifices on grip and weight to run more power, if its an off road / rally build how much on road ability do you forgo etc, and then further tuning if you've fitted tunable parts like race / drift offroad suspension, differentals, race transmission, race brakes, adjustable aero etc.

Its as in depth as you want it to be really.

You shouldn't be just slapping every part on a car, especially on slower cars where doing so will leave you somewhere in the middle of a performance class and therefore uncompetitive. If a car "only" makes S1/850 with everything on it then its never going to be a competitive S1 car, optimise the tune for A/800 instead.

Soldato
Patch Notes:

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 5. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this update.

Version Number:
  • Xbox One: 1.410.860.0
  • Xbox Series: 3.410.860.0
  • PC: 3.410.860.2
  • Steam: 1.410.860.0
Game Stability

• Fixed several crashes
  • Fixed a potential crash that could happen if an emote was earned whilst offline
  • Fixed a potential crash that can happen when starting a Horizon Arcade
  • Fixed a potential crash that occurred when spawning traffic cars
  • Fixed a crash when loading EventLab events
  • Fixed a crash when upgrading cars
Multiplayer

• Improved stability of Horizon Life connections
  • Improvements to online traffic
  • Fixed issue where player’s car would get stopped when losing connection to Horizon Life
  • Disabled Convoy voice chat to help track down the long load times in Online events
  • Improvements to Horizon Arcade for other player visibility and joining and leaving Arcade events
  • Fixed Eliminator Head to Heads not ending when players reached the finish point
Wheel Compatibility

• Fixed a disconnect pop up that was preventing Wheels from functioning correctly on PC
Exploits

• Updated the Car Masteries for various cars to address an exploit
  • Removed an exploit that could be achieved when creating Challenge Cards
  • Removed an exploit when creating specific route configurations in EventLab
  • Fixed an issue which allowed players to purchase cars from the Car Collection screen which weren’t available in the Autoshow
  • Added checks to stop an exploit with driving assists
  • Stopped players being able to download tunes before a race starts
DLC

• Fixed VIP Player House not being free for some VIPs
  • Fixed VIP House not giving player correct Forzathon Point multiplier
  • Fixed issue where some VIP players weren’t receiving Super Wheelspins
Rewards

• Fixed players not receiving the loyalty reward for playing Forza Motorsport 5
  • Fixed an issue with Car Collection where it was possible that a player could lose pending rewards if they quit the game
  • Rebalanced UGC payouts
PC Settings

• Fixed Resolution Scaling causing GTAO depth issues on PC
  • Fixed issue where distant terrain could appear as low res on PC Ultra settings
Other

• Fixed an issue where it was possible for the player to fall out of world after completing the Trial
  • Fixed an issue where input stops working on the Press Start screen
  • Cross Country Event difficulty has been tuned slightly easier on Drivatar Difficulty levels below Unbeatable to smooth off some difficulty spikes
  • Fixed EventLab notifications persisting in Freeroam
  • Fixed some Accolades missing icons on Xbox One and Xbox One S
  • Fixed profanity filter not applying correctly on Super7

Associate
I'm a little confused now. Check this video below at the 8min15sec mark where there is the Frame Rate setting. He goes all the way to the right and there is an "unlock (variable)" setting there. I swear I did not have this option on my rig1 posted above despite that it is a gsync compatible monitor and is turned on in nvidia control panel. Maybe it did only show after unchecking vsync and I missed it. Surely you want to just leave it on variable with vsync off if you have a gsync monitor? Why would you set it to 60fps? Is this saying you want it to always try to produce 60fps to the detriment of turning other things off dynamically as you game, or is it an FPS cap not allowing it to go over 60?

Specs?

Cheers will check the video out.
There is the unlock variable in my settings so will try that.

Soldato
I didn’t think it was a bug per se as a few cars have a super spin. It’s just the jeep is so easy to get. Not that it’s particularly hard to earn credits anyway.

I tried out my wheel as the patch fixed the disconnects. My expectations were set firmly at mediocre but I was still disappointed. I wasn’t looking to play the whole game with the wheel but thought it could be fun to cruise the canyon and such with it. But it just feels so wrong, overly heavy under normal driving yet any oversteer it goes so light it barely turns the wheel and there’s no indication of the balance of the correct counter steer.

I think I’ll have to look up some settings and try again.

Caporegime
I didn’t think it was a bug per se as a few cars have a super spin. It’s just the jeep is so easy to get. Not that it’s particularly hard to earn credits anyway.

I tried out my wheel as the patch fixed the disconnects. My expectations were set firmly at mediocre but I was still disappointed. I wasn’t looking to play the whole game with the wheel but thought it could be fun to cruise the canyon and such with it. But it just feels so wrong, overly heavy under normal driving yet any oversteer it goes so light it barely turns the wheel and there’s no indication of the balance of the correct counter steer.

I.never got on with FH4 and a wheel to be honest.

It just plays better on a pad

I haz 4090!
Don
I love just hooning around in the Cosworth, it's ace! Although I stuck a few upgrades on it last night to give it a bit more pep and I've borderline ruined it.

Such a brilliant game though, they've nailed the fun-factor. First time I've ever played a Forza game.

Soldato

I'm with you on this, don't get me started on drifting as well its horrendous. Any sort of tap of the accelerator and the car just spins out uncontrollably. There's no feel as to when you should counter steer to keep the drift going, i've had to meddle with settings a lot to get any sort of control. I'm still spinning out too easily, maybe its the tune of the car or other things in play but it doesn't feel right at all. After about 3 hours of tweaking settings last night i finally managed to get going somewhat but i'm still spinning out way too easily when i go full throttle, I just cannot maintain a drift...

Associate
I'm getting a bit bored already if I'm honest, I feel like I've unlocked pretty much all of the festival events for next to no effort so there's nothing really to strive for there. I'd basically just focused on doing the road races using some FE cars with the skill boosts and mastery trees unlocked for the extra exp. I then went around doing a few of the speed traps/zones, danger zones and spent most of one night drifting with a friend doing some of the zones there and generally just farming points. I've not even touched a street, dirt or cross country race yet and there's only two more options left to unlock at the festivals.

I used a good chunk of my winnings to just buy all the houses and get them out of the way. I then went through all my cars and spent mastery points to unlock any wheelspins, super wheelspins and credits for the forzathon shop simply because I couldn't be bothered grinding for the 458 Speciale. That netted me another 60 odd wheelspins and 15 super wheelspins which has equated to another 30 or so cars (some multi million ones) and has sent me back up to 12 million credits again.

I've been searching for something to buy in the autoshow and I'm starting tofeel more and more disappointed with the car list, I just don't desire anything as I've already driven them all to death on the previous games. I expected a lot of repeats again but it just feels like there's been no effort put into it this time, for every new car there's one taken away. I searched for a couple of my favourites from FH4 and they aren't even in the collection list so I assume they've been removed or reserved as a seasonal/forzathon shop reward. The reward cars from the accolades are mostly ones I already own so they seem pointless, the barn finds have also been super lame seeing as the majority you could simply buy in the previous games.

The patch hasn't done much for me either, still getting a lot of flickering, horizontal lines and terrain not loading correctly. The online is slightly better, but everybody still vanishes every 30 seconds.

Caporegime
I love just hooning around in the Cosworth, it's ace! Although I stuck a few upgrades on it last night to give it a bit more pep and I've borderline ruined it.

Such a brilliant game though, they've nailed the fun-factor. First time I've ever played a Forza game.
I absolutely love the Cosworth! Done one minor upgrade to bring it up to 800.

So with Forza Edition cars, should you collect and upgrade with skill points (priority)?

Associate
I'm with you on this, don't get me started on drifting as well its horrendous. Any sort of tap of the accelerator and the car just spins out uncontrollably. There's no feel as to when you should counter steer to keep the drift going, i've had to meddle with settings a lot to get any sort of control. I'm still spinning out too easily, maybe its the tune of the car or other things in play but it doesn't feel right at all. After about 3 hours of tweaking settings last night i finally managed to get going somewhat but i'm still spinning out way too easily when i go full throttle, I just cannot maintain a drift...

What cars are you using, I've not had much trouble with just drift parts installed + power, no in depth tuning.

Here's a clip from launch day with an A800 350Z. Drift suspension / tyres / differential, weight reduction, power modifications to bring it up to A800: https://streamable.com/gsitpy

Never going to set leaderboard records with it but it was good enough to 3 star any tarmac drift zone.

Soldato
What cars are you using, I've not had much trouble with just drift parts installed + power, no in depth tuning.

Here's a clip from launch day with an A800 350Z. Drift suspension / tyres / differential, weight reduction, power modifications to bring it up to A800: https://streamable.com/gsitpy

Never going to set leaderboard records with it but it was good enough to 3 star any tarmac drift zone.
I've tried an RX7 with all drift parts and now a MX5 with all drift parts and turbo conversion. Both perform similarly and will spin out if i floor it, not sure what im doing wrong but if you have more tips im willing to try it.

Soldato
I've tried an RX7 with all drift parts and now a MX5 with all drift parts and turbo conversion. Both perform similarly and will spin out if i floor it, not sure what im doing wrong but if you have more tips im willing to try it.

Are you using a wheel (as you originally quoted someone mentioning a wheel)?

With my G25 set to it's full 900-degree rotation I can't drift at all, even catching small slides can be tricky and lead to some fishtailing. However setting it to 360-degree rotation in the Logitech Profiler and it's pretty easy to drift, I think the 'issue' is you need almost max steering lock to catch/hold the slide once you get some decent angle at the start, which is damn near impossible with multiple turns but is easy with less rotation, or just a pad of course :p

Setting it to 360 sucks for normal driving though. May be able to get something with the linearity but meh, I just put it back to 900 and I'll ignore any drifting for now...

Soldato
Are you using a wheel (as you originally quoted someone mentioning a wheel)?

With my G25 set to it's full 900-degree rotation I can't drift at all, even catching small slides can be tricky and lead to some fishtailing. However setting it to 360-degree rotation in the Logitech Profiler and it's pretty easy to drift, I think the 'issue' is you need almost max steering lock to catch/hold the slide once you get some decent angle at the start, which is damn near impossible with multiple turns but is easy with less rotation, or just a pad of course :p

Setting it to 360 sucks for normal driving though. May be able to get something with the linearity but meh, I just put it back to 900 and I'll ignore any drifting for now...
Surprisingly i did try this last night but to a more mild 600 degrees and i felt it helped massively where as at 360 degrees i felt it was too sensitive and any slight turn of the wheel made it swing left/right too quickly. Maybe changing this in conjunction with the steering linearity will help?

Sorry yes im using a G920 wheel. In the process of converting the H shifter to a Handbrake right now as well to help.

Back
Top Bottom