*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Man of Honour
The point obviously being he's meant to be able to take that hit on the shield, not his back.

Yeah I get that, its a bit silly but my point was that every FPS ever , even the milsims, have silly things in them. If I was to nitpick any FPS title you care to mention I could find something in every one of them which is stupid. I mean, frankly, IMO, he shouldnt even be able to take a rocket hit on the shield. Its a rocket for goodness sake. However I accept that because its the nature of being a game. Perhaps by some token of stupidity the devs saw that he could take a rocket hit on the back and thought - "nah, why should we bother to change that, lets just have it work that way" , or possibly they just never noticed that they could take a hit on the back which I guess would be incompetence on their part, or possibly it was always designed that way which I guess would be no different to the silliness I see in every other FPS design if you actually think about the realism factor of an FPS. Not sure which of those 3 is the truth, one of them must be the truth. Does it bother me or annoy me, nope, not really because as I say if it did then I would never manage to enjoy or play any FPS thats ever been released because some aspect of it would bother me. Best thing for you to do is to keep a document open with each annoying item bullet pointed on it and then you can post the whole lot in one go, otherwise you'll be posting each annoying item individually for the next 5 years, do it all in one go and its easier to manage, maybe start up a Google doc that we can all add items to or something :) , I'll happily contribute to the google doc by listing the main menu which is annoyingly laid out

Soldato
Absolutely big ridden game but i cant stop playing it lol.

Indeed. It's so bad it's actually funny at times.

It's certainly not worth the £50+ but it's bound to get better (surely?) and some of the bugs are just hilarious.

Actually makes the game more intense not knowing whether your gun will work or whether there is an AA vehicle at the top of a building once you exit the lift.

One of the best things are the hovercrafts. I hit one with three rockets and I died to it's laser gun. It still had 85 health, go figure.

Associate
People who use recommend DDU should really learn how Windows work. DDU should only ever be used in the Emergency situations & even then that's a bold statement It really can break things more than it fixes, It messes with so many different windows mechanisms it can cause more harm than good. Nvidia/ATI both offer clean installs which work 99.999% of cases even then installing over the top has been fine since Windows 8. Windows 10+ has new driver mechanism to clean itself up anyway. Anyway not to put it on you but really need to learn to understand a tool before recommended it on youtube for people to watch (not on you Neil)

Hi smogsy, is this true?
Not doubting you or your knowledge but for years ive heard it recommended.
Personally ive always used nvidias clean install but this time round i did use DDU to rol back drivers.

Caporegime
Best thing for you to do is to keep a document open with each annoying item bullet pointed on it and then you can post the whole lot in one go, otherwise you'll be posting each annoying item individually for the next 5 years, do it all in one go and its easier to manage, maybe start up a Google doc that we can all add items to or something :) , I'll happily contribute to the google doc by listing the main menu which is annoyingly laid out

Nope, I will continue to point out game issues as they appear. As for 5 years, I doubt the base game will have much of a community left in 5 months never mind 5 years unless they make serious improvements.

Man of Honour
Nope, I will continue to point out game issues as they appear.

Which is fine , I just thought it would be extra helpful if you collated all those issues in a google doc as it would make it easier to keep it as comprehensive a list as possible. Plus the google doc could then be sent to DICE as an ongoing comprehensive issues list as an additional aid for them. I mean we all want to help them in every possible way to make the game better, thats the aim right? :p

Caporegime
Which is fine , I just thought it would be extra helpful if you collated all those issues in a google doc as it would make it easier to keep it as comprehensive a list as possible. Plus the google doc could then be sent to DICE as an ongoing comprehensive issues list as an additional aid for them. I mean we all want to help them in every possible way to make the game better, thats the aim right? :p

Check their forums, they've enough negative feedback to deal with without burdening them with more ;)

Man of Honour
Check their forums, they've enough negative feedback to deal with without burdening them with more ;)

Its far easier to have a comprehensive document with the issues listed than it is to sort through thousands of forum posts, many of which might be issues due to the players system, them being idiots or just trolls. Just figuring that as you want to help it would be a helpful thing for you to do :)

Man of Honour
Anyone get the sound cuts out? have to restart the game.

I've had footstep noises and gunfire cut out if thats what you mean? Nothing more than that though, the rest of the fx seem to work ok when those cut out. Havent had to restart to get them back though, they seem to return after a short while

Soldato
I've had footstep noises and gunfire cut out if thats what you mean? Nothing more than that though, the rest of the fx seem to work ok when those cut out. Havent had to restart to get them back though, they seem to return after a short while

Ah all sound just stops working and have to restart, is random though did 4 hours yesterday no problem but tried two games now and cuts out after 5 to 10min in the game.

Back
Top Bottom