I've ordered a 'custom' pc from that second hand high street store...

Soldato
OP
@OP post #15
clearly says 2TB HDD in the pics
Did they change the pics?as you have said it `was` a 2TB SSD?:confused:
either way looks a good bargain
Yeah, I was guessing whether that was the system I purchased, just got lucky that it was. (That's not where I bought it from, I ordered it blind with no pics or spec other than the below)

The SSD was stated from the retailer I bought it from which is why I thought they may have made a mistake as it was the only thing that didn't match up.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
to be fair it does say 480gb+2tb ssd. i know a 2tb ssd was asking a bit much but still advert shows it. so you can dispute that for sure.
'Thank you for your patience.

I have just received confirmation from the relevant team that the 2 TB drive should have been an SSD drive. As this is an incorrect item, I would request you to return the entire order as we'll not be able to replace a part of it.

You can either send the item back to us or you can take it into your nearest store.'

Seems a little excessive eh when they stock hundreds of ssds :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
'Thank you for writing back.

I do understand your concern regarding returning the entire PC.

However, please understand that as an important part of the PC is missing, we need to investigate and also share the feedback with the sourcing store regarding this so that they could have more stringent checks in place to avoid such instances from being repeated in the future.'

This is how they get ya then, literally send it back or keep it, pretty rubbish Cs :o

Man of Honour
'Thank you for writing back.

I do understand your concern regarding returning the entire PC.

However, please understand that as an important part of the PC is missing, we need to investigate and also share the feedback with the sourcing store regarding this so that they could have more stringent checks in place to avoid such instances from being repeated in the future.'

This is how they get ya then, literally send it back or keep it, pretty rubbish Cs :o
Are ypu keeping the pc ?

Maybe ask for a token gesture like gift card or something like that.

Soldato
OP
Are ypu keeping the pc ?

Maybe ask for a token gesture like gift card or something like that.
Think I'll still keep it as still don't think I'll get better value anywhere else right now, just annoying about the drive.

Tried that, apparently they can't issue them or partial refunds so the only option is return it.

Associate
They realised they sold the pc for less than it's worth (todays price taken on that) and are hoping you return it so they can sell it for more. If you returned it you would see the price increase and the listing changed to say 480gb ssd and 2tb hdd.

Soldato
OP
They realised they sold the pc for less than it's worth (todays price taken on that) and are hoping you return it so they can sell it for more. If you returned it you would see the price increase and the listing changed to say 480gb ssd and 2tb hdd.
Agree, the CPU and gpu sell for £570 alone on their site.

Back
Top Bottom