Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Don
Anti-sag installed :cool:

It's mains fed combi now but used to be a tank. By default the tap controls were set to 65 degrees which was scolding hot and I almost burns my mouth a bunch of times as I often have hot water lol so out of fury one day just dropped the tap temp setting to 45 which was much better.

If you've got a combi, risk of illness from the water is minimal. If its a condensing boiler then it should be 55c or below to keep at peak efficiency.

Soldato
IMG-20211115-160535.jpg

IMG-20211115-170929.jpg

Soldato
It's mains fed combi now but used to be a tank. By default the tap controls were set to 65 degrees which was scolding hot and I almost burns my mouth a bunch of times as I often have hot water lol so out of fury one day just dropped the tap temp setting to 45 which was much better.

For the domestic hot water (taps), you can set it to whatever temperature you want. I set mine to as low as possible because the temperature ends up being mixed down by the taps anyway.

The reason for having such high flow temperatures has traditionally been to kill legionella, but if you have a combi boiler i.e. heat exchanger and no hot water tank, this isn't relevant.

As far as your heating goes, that might be down to your preference but you need to have your system set up to get a return which enables the boiler to condense.

Seems like you've done the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom