Thinking about moving to a Ninja Foodi.

Soldato
More likely that any merchant that was selling them has now sold out. That voucher code was available from last Friday.

Just wait for the next one. Like I said, they seem to be almost weekly discount codes at the minute. If I remember I'll quote you and post in here next time they come up on offer.

Cheers, I'll be keeping an eye out as well.

Was going to wait for Black Friday, but doubt it'll be better than 20% off.

Soldato
They're seriously impressive for cooking meat. So quick too!

Yeah, I think the OH will take some converting. She does a ******* good roast dinner, and we always do a big leg of lamb at Easter, big hunks of pork, beef brisket etc, but she's very much a traditionalist - grandma's recipe etc - so will have to see how it compares.

We even do a beef brisket in the pizza oven at Christmas followed by parsnips, pigs and blankets, and finishing off the roasties (it won't be able to beat that charred, smokey flavour mind!).

Soldato
Which instant pot, when i was comparing them the latest Instant Pot came out better than the ninja, and im a big ninja fan. Got the Instant Pot Pro Crisp.

Was looking into foodi vs pro crisp. What made the you go for the pro crisp over the foodi?

Also have you tried sous vide, more importantly have you used a normal sous vide to compare? I am leaning towards the pro crisp mainly for the stainless bowl

Soldato
Was looking into foodi vs pro crisp. What made the you go for the pro crisp over the foodi?

Also have you tried sous vide, more importantly have you used a normal sous vide to compare? I am leaning towards the pro crisp mainly for the stainless bowl
Sous vide, stainless pot, more compact (narrower but taller). Sous vide is great actually I've wanted to try it for ages, so far I love it for chicken and eggs, makes getting a load of eggs done perfectly dead easy.

But mostly the stainless pot, it's really good, really heavy bottom to it as well so great for searing and you don't have to be careful with it.

Soldato
Amazon had it for £149.99 on Monday. So looks like a price match. I bought it for her Christmas. Hopefully won’t be looking for a new place to live afterwards!

9 in 1 includes a dehydrator which I’m most excited to use!

Man of Honour
Picked up one of the new model Ninja's last week. Was not expecting it to be quite that noisy in the steam bake function. It's louder than the slightly knackered extractor fan above it.

Not done much in it so far, but it's a learning experience.

Man of Honour
I can recommend doing a boneless shoulder of pork, for pulled pork, using the pressure cooker function.

I did a 2kg + piece, which I normally slow cook in the oven for 6 hours. Same results in the pressure cooker after 70 minutes cooking time.

Plus some air crisp time for crackling and some burned ends.

Back
Top Bottom