Halo Infinite Mulitplayer (free and out now)

Soldato
Really enjoyed this last night. I forget how good halo is and I'd never really dabbled in multiplayer since halo 3,as the original modern warfare came out shortly after and blew it away (or so it seemed).

I've 'only' got a radeon 5600m and a 4800h cpu, all running nice and toasty in a laptop, and I was getting a pretty consistent 100fps at medium settings. I tried high and ultra but didn't seem to gain much visually for a relatively big fps hit.

No idea what I'm doing with the weapons most of the time. There's definitely a lot more grenade use than I see in most other fps games, and the melee is quite satisfying.

Soldato
Maybe true - just felt like one hit melee against me most of the time after an initial gun fight
If you unload your clip on someone one melee hit after will most likely finish the job.

Game lacks some map and mode variety I hope they expand on it.

Man of Honour
Is xp not just for cosmetic crap? Not sure why any adult would care about that if it is.

Things were much simpler when I used to play quake 3 arena or counter strike 1.3-1.6

People seem to have attention issues these days and need a progress bar to feel like they achieved something in the game session.

Associate
Liking it a lot overall. Still not settled on the exact controller sensitivity options, but I will investigate a bit more.

For context, I stopped playing after Reach (just the occasional game of H4).

I still feel like the overall design of the Halo around H3 and Reach were better. Map design is obviously overall still fine, but weirdly as we have come into the more powerful generations of console, the additional 'eye candy' of the maps feels like a hinderance. UI was definitely less busy, sound design as well. I feel like the gun fights in this game sound... soft? Shield hit effects seemed better in the previous titles (in the sense you got more feedback plus there wasn't a confusing shiny blob shooting back at you, and don't get me started on these outlines. Not sure I like the lack of play collision either.

I reckon 343 will walk back on some of the above over the next 6 months. The core gameplay of Halo is great, and I think the things that have crept into the more recent titles masks the greatness somewhat.

Associate
Thought this run right up to release and beyond ,but today ive found out its literally just a beta that lasts until the 22nd of november! so will be getting more games in i think while i can lol

Man of Honour
Thought this run right up to release and beyond ,but today ive found out its literally just a beta that lasts until the 22nd of november! so will be getting more games in i think while i can lol

Not sure where you've got the 22nd November from. They're calling it a beta but it's essentially just an early release of the multiplayer, all progression to continue through after campaign release on 8th December.

Associate
Not sure where you've got the 22nd November from. They're calling it a beta but it's essentially just an early release of the multiplayer, all progression to continue through after campaign release on 8th December.
Someone posted it in a xbox group im in on facebook, it was from the official xbox page, will try to get a link

EDIT: Actually i think he may of been wrong as the post seems to have been removed, hope it does run up until full release as really enjoying it at the moment.

Just cant wait for them to add some more maps in big team battle as there is only 2 at the moment

Last edited:
Associate
If you are getting poor frames in this game then heres the solution!.....in the graphics setting,put the "min frames" option to 82....i have just done this and am now getting 90fps to over 100fps on high settings @1440p :)

My bro who has a 980ti set his to min 60fps and max 144 and gets around 70s ultra settings @1080p.

Just set the max to your refresh of your monitor and the min either 82 or 60 if you have a older gpu

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a 2 hour game on this tonight and played the various modes.

Great fun!

Running it at 1440p on my 3070ti with everything on high. Rarely see it drop below 90fps and its buttery smooth.

Back
Top Bottom