Spec me a game development laptop

Soldato
I need a new laptop and would like to use it for game development primarily. Still, I'll also want to do other things like running virtual machines and web development along with music creation, Adobe Creative Cloud and 3D rendering. I'll also want to play games on it as well.

Price is very flexible. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Associate
Soldato
Well if needed up to £2,500 but lower is better. My top priority is battery life because I end up spending long periods in hospital. Then it comes down to actual game development performance so NVMEe SSD, 32GB RAM, Windows 11, 15" or 17" screen, and a nice keyboard.

You'll want to be plugged in to do any gaming or game development. Expecting to be able to get any decent performance on battery is going to lead to disappointment.

Associate
Well if needed up to £2,500 but lower is better. My top priority is battery life because I end up spending long periods in hospital. Then it comes down to actual game development performance so NVMEe SSD, 32GB RAM, Windows 11, 15" or 17" screen, and a nice keyboard.

Here's a few on overclockers website:

▷ ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR 17 G733QS NVIDIA RTX 3080… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)
▷ ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR 17 G733QSA NVIDIA RTX 308… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)
▷ ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS G15 GA503QS NVIDIA RTX 3080… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)
▷ MSI GP66 Leopard NVIDIA RTX 3080, 32GB, 15.6"… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)
▷ ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS G15 GA503QS NVIDIA RTX 3080… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)

Other models to consider but not listed on overclockers - Lenova 5pro or lenova 7pro or Medion Erazer Beast X25, the alienware would be too expensive, the lenova 7 pro is deemed as the best - however i do believe its out of stock everywhere

Associate
I se the legion 7 5800 / 3080 full fat. I use for games , unity , blender , c#, python etc etc, battery life is not great on any of the good laptops . But the screen on this one is ace and nice and bright too

Back
Top Bottom