SSUPD MeshLicious (from the makers of the FormD T1)

Soldato
Wanted one of these when they were first announced but got impatient waiting on them being released so ended up going with the NR200P.

Back looking at getting one of these cases but concerned about using my 3090 FE in it. Has anyone run a 3090 FE in one of these? I’ve seen people have fitted the 3080 FE and used stand-offs to help with gaps. But the 3090 is a bit of a chunky beast!

Soldato
Wanted one of these when they were first announced but got impatient waiting on them being released so ended up going with the NR200P.

Back looking at getting one of these cases but concerned about using my 3090 FE in it. Has anyone run a 3090 FE in one of these? I’ve seen people have fitted the 3080 FE and used stand-offs to help with gaps. But the 3090 is a bit of a chunky beast!

Isn't the 3090 a 3 slot card? If so you'd have to shift everything over to SFX mode and I'm not sure you'd be able to use the stand-offs like you would with a 2 slot card. It's probably tall enough to house it because you can adjust the height of the GPU mounts. It allows for some very long graphics cards.

Soldato
Finally managed to order a few more bits and start putting it together with the 3060Ti I bought in September. Mainly an alphacool waterblock:

20211113-145759.jpg

It was either this or an EK block. I picked this because it came with a backplate and the ports are in the more typical location which helps my loop. I prefer the look of the EK (the single large piece of copper looks better) but this is much better than I expected in the flesh.

20211113-145812.jpg

In the case.

20211113-151309.jpg

I've raised the GPU supports to allow for a drain port. I need to buy a few more fittings. Mainly adjustable 90 degree ones and a 3-way here to route to the GPU inlet.

20211113-151320.jpg

Something like this. Lots of short runs in this loop.

20211113-152058.jpg

The most problematic area is the reservoir. This is where it will go, but mounting it and routing the tubing round it cleanly will be tricky, but not impossible. Also decided to buy an XSPC RGB hub (white, obviously), this will go on the back of the case.

20211113-151414.jpg

The reservoir here is the DDC pump mounted version of the FLT 120. I'd already bought the non-pump version but couldn't find a suitable place for the pump by itself.

20211113-181806.jpg

With the tempered glass side panel on and the reservoir temporarily mounted. The tubing run shown will go up behind the reservoir, over the spine of the case to the CPU block. The inlet (to the right) will go in from the top port of the GPU block. Hopefully I can make this reasonably neat. This is one of those situations where a hard tube would look much better as I don't really want the tube to go right over the face of the block if I can help it.

Soldato
That looks amazing. I think this case has the best set-up for cooling. Also looks super moddable
Thanks. It's atill a work in progress at the moment. Plenty more white to go in yet. Ordered some more fittings yesterday too.

It's a great case to work with. Plenty of flexibility. I think I would have liked them to of offered the ability to cover the big hole below the graphics card though, especially if you're not routing the HDMI cable out of the floor of the case. It's maybe something to look at DIY'ing, as it would be an eyesore with the glass panel on that side.

Soldato
I built my case up today. Unfortunately I have to put my GPU in the lowest mounting setting which means the right angled display port cable I bought is too large. I'd rather avoid buying raised feet as I like how it sits just now. I've seen a few suggestions but not sure if they fit with the GPU in the lowest position. So if someone has their GPU in the lowest position, I'd appreciate a recommendation for an angled DP 1.4 cable.
ekUeT9u.png.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I built my case up today. Unfortunately I have to put my GPU in the lowest mounting setting which means the right angled display port cable I bought is too large. I'd rather avoid buying raised feet as I like how it sits just now. I've seen a few suggestions but not sure if they fit with the GPU in the lowest position. So if someone has their GPU in the lowest position, I'd appreciate a recommendation for an angled DP 1.4 cable.
Whats the clear height between the gpu i/o bracket and the desk ?

I ordered feet but would rather not use them.

Sent you a link on the ones I ordered. Will let you know if they work over the weekend.

Soldato
Whats the clear height between the gpu i/o bracket and the desk ?

I ordered feet but would rather not use them.

Sent you a link on the ones I ordered. Will let you know if they work over the weekend.
Thanks. I looked at those but not sure if they will handle 3440 x 1440 @ 144Hz. The clearance between the IO shield and the bottom of the case is 20mm. I might just see if I can buy some 1.5cm high rubber feet to replace the ones that are there.

Associate
Your cable management is neater than mine :cry:

I'll definitely be swapping my rad fans from exhaust to intake then testing. CPU got fairly toasty in exhaust setup.

Soldato
Your cable management is neater than mine :cry:

I'll definitely be swapping my rad fans from exhaust to intake then testing. CPU got fairly toasty in exhaust setup.
I didn’t even think mine was particularly neat. It’s the motherboard side that gets messy. Will do some testing today on temps, see how it gets on. What did you use to test temps? Heaven?

Associate
I ran Cinebench and Heaven at the same time. Start Cinebench first as once Heaven is running you can't change windows.

My GPU was running 5 degrees cooler in the Mesh over the NR200.

Soldato
I ran Cinebench and Heaven at the same time. Start Cinebench first as once Heaven is running you can't change windows.

My GPU was running 5 degrees cooler in the Mesh over the NR200.
If you don't run Heaven in fullscreen mode you can.

Just ran a Cinebench/Heaven in tandem to see how the temps were in my new case. Running for 10 minutes (standard Cinebench duration), the temps (taken from HWiNFO) were as follows (ambient 21.1c);

5600X peaked at 67.4c
6900XT peaked at 61c

What temps did you see?

Associate
Think I seen 80 degs on the 8700K. Probably need to fudge around with my fans curves to. 63 degs on the GPU on the performance BIOS. It used to hit 70 degs in the NR200.

Soldato
Think I seen 80 degs on the 8700K. Probably need to fudge around with my fans curves to. 63 degs on the GPU on the performance BIOS. It used to hit 70 degs in the NR200.
Maybe the lack of thermal headroom with your 8700K is now showing? Did you re-seat your AIO when you moved your stuff? I didn't realise I had no Thermal Grizzly left so had to use some Noctua paste I had lying around. Doesn't seem to have affected the temps much.

I've ordered some 3d printed feet based of the SSUPD downloadable templates.

Soldato
Further progress....

I bought some longer stand offs for the motherboard to get some space behind it to route cables and allow the pump a bit of breathing room

20211117-204628.jpg

It fits nicely with 2 right angled fittings. This is where the tubing will go. Enough space with the ATX PSU.

20211117-204605.jpg

I rewired the power switch/LED/HDD LED and attached a straight 4 pin socket to it to make it easier to plug it into the motherboard. It's a bit scruffy so I may redo this.

20211127-143410.jpg

I then had to take everything out to figure out how to fit the reservoir to the spine of the case. A bit of drilling needed. Unfortunately I could only mount it via 3 of the 4 holes.

20211127-163036.jpg

With the graphics card fitted to check alignment and clearances.

20211127-162604.jpg

With the fans, radiator, fittings and drain port temporarily fitted into place.

20211127-203242.jpg

There's enough clearance around the drain port to use it from either the side or bottom of the case. I'll stick a plug on the end just incase the tap gets knocked accidentally via the hole in the base of the case. I was thinking about 3D printing something to fit the large hole at the bottom of the case because it's very visible through the window, plus the cables for the GPU will exit out of the back since I have it on the highest mouting position.

20211127-203250.jpg

Next I need to order a couple more fittings, check the pump with the reservoir in isolation as this is the first DDC I've used. I also need to suss out where to route all the wires. They're all going to be custom and it will be a fair job, especially the ARGB and PSU ones.

Soldato
Had my Meshlicious up and running for a couple of weeks now. Have re-built it a couple of times as I wasn't happy with cable runs, etc

I also replaced the MSI 6900 XT I had in there (pic in earlier post) as it has known temp issues.

I have it in the 3 slot GPU configuration with the motherboard stand-offs to allow me to run the cables behind the motherboard. Due to the size of the GPU, I have it mounted in the lowest position. These then meant I had to have custom feet added to allow me to plug in a right angled DP cable. I downloaded the right angled feet from the SSUPD website and had those 3D printed by an online company. Specs are;

Gigabyte B500i Aorus Pro AX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5600x
NZXT X63 AIO (I plan to replace the NZXT Aer fans with some Arctic P14s)
32Gb Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz DDR4
256Gb NVMe Sabrent (OS drive)
1TB NVMe Sabrent Rocket (Data/Games drive)
PowerColor Red Devil 6900 XT

Pics...

Eost0qZ.png.jpg
uhEpdoW.png.jpg
Na67jiw.png.jpg

I think I need to turn my AIO so that the tubes are on the left. Not sure why I mounted it the way I did!

I am considering water cooling in it but I've done that once in an ATX case and know the rabbit hole and expense it can lead to with fittings!

Last edited:
Soldato
That graphics card is huge! Do you have a tempered glass side panelor not? Also, out of interest why have you mounted the fans on the inside of the radiator?

sparkymark75 said:
I am considering water cooling in it but I've done that once in an ATX case and know the rabbit hole and expense it can lead to with fittings!

Yeah. Another £20 of fittings ordered at weekend for mine. It'll be worth it. I've also found out I could be waiting a while for some custom cables so I might do some myself.

Soldato
That graphics card is huge! Do you have a tempered glass side panelor not? Also, out of interest why have you mounted the fans on the inside of the radiator?

Nah, mesh panels on all sides. If I mounted the fans on the other side of the radiator, it pushed the radiator closer to the middle section and the tubes were obstructed by it.

Soldato
Yeah. Another £20 of fittings ordered at weekend for mine. It'll be worth it. I've also found out I could be waiting a while for some custom cables so I might do some myself.

I just need to figure out if I can fit everything in the case or if I'm going to have to go down the res/pump fitted to the outside of the case. The EK water block for the Power Color Red Devil is 284.5mm which only leaves me 47.5mm space above it so it looks like I'll probably have to go for an externally mounted pump/res. Or see if I can fit a small one on the floor of the motherboard side next to the PSU.

Back
Top Bottom