Poll: Qatar Grand Prix 2021, Lusail - Race 20

Rate the 2021 Qatar Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
WBnUbNF.png
Lusail
When was the track built?
The Losail International Circuit, located on the outskirts of the capital city of Doha, was built in preparation for hosting Qatar’s first ever MotoGP event in 2004, with the circuit completed in just over a year.

When was its first Grand Prix?
2021 represents the first time Qatar has ever hosted the FIA Formula One World Championship – with the country signing an additional 10-year deal to host the sport from 2023.

What’s the circuit like?
Designed primarily with motorcycle racing in mind, the 5.4-kilometre Losail International Circuit is a fast and flowing track, where medium- and high-speed corners predominate. Over one kilometre of the track’s total length is made up of the main straight, which provides plenty of overtaking opportunities into Turn 1.

TV Times
Sky:
T4RsXgC.png

C4:
Sat - Quali Highlights 5.30pm
Sun - Race Highlights 6.30pm

Track Diagram & Information
R6otKPZ.png

Weather Forecast
HEK9T6E.png

WDC Standings
uGAHQIa.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
hXmlwmn.png

Practice 1
SQC2Ob3.png

Practice 2
C3fnMed.png

Practice 3
CigRlYl.png

Qualifying
ek0mwQ1.png

Race
JmCKAnV.png

Last edited:
Soldato
The circuit layout reminds me of another one but I can't think which. Wonder if there will be overtaking there.

Just watched this, looks like a good circuit and he thinks there should be several corners good for overtaking. Not sure how that lambo compares to F1 in size but the track seems a bit narrow to me (Max shouldn't need to weave as much here :D), have to wait and see what it looks like with couple of F1 cars side by side.

Soldato
Managed to bag some tickets at corner 10 as they were doing a promotion here. Bit of an F1 noob and have never been to an F1 event - just so happened to tune in last week to witness that madness! Is it like that every week?! If so, sign me up :D

Will be heading down on all 3 days so will try and grab some pics / vids if anyone is interested!

Can't wait!

Associate
Managed to bag some tickets at corner 10 as they were doing a promotion here. Bit of an F1 noob and have never been to an F1 event - just so happened to tune in last week to witness that madness! Is it like that every week?! If so, sign me up :D

Will be heading down on all 3 days so will try and grab some pics / vids if anyone is interested!

Can't wait!
It's a hit or a miss but I'd say the the past few years have been more hits than misses. I've been to quite a few GPs - had good and bad ones. It's an experience either way! Always been to races with F3's, F2's, or W series so we've been spoiled for choice with the amount of racing on the go.

I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures! :D

Soldato
So Lewis may take another new engine here as well, do you think Max will take one or hope the five place deficiency will be enough to hold him off, this is assuming the qualify next to each other?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Aye but the rest of the track is twisty, where RB will be epic.

Merc’s only chance will be to get close enough and go for a DRS pass.

Back
Top Bottom