• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Selling GPU to CEX

Soldato
I sold my 3080FE to CeX, dropped it off on Sunday and got the payment notice today, can`t complain as I got £1190 which paid for my 3080ti FE and have some change too.

Would have been much better off by just finding the extra cash and going for the full fat 3090 experience.

Now you have the hot running runt of the litter :p

Tempted to do the same myself wiht my 3080 but I don't have any way to bypass the 1 card per household limit. 3090's always hang around long enough to snag anyway.

Soldato
Temptation is there to pop down to CEX, voucher it and then flog the voucher on here for more than CEX would give you cash, don't fancy my chances of getting a replacement card though any time soon....

Soldato
Temptation is there to pop down to CEX, voucher it and then flog the voucher on here for more than CEX would give you cash, don't fancy my chances of getting a replacement card though any time soon....
You usually lose about 20% of the voucher value, plus finding a buyer who wants to spend £1200 ish at cex, I'd say bad idea!

Associate
Would have been much better off by just finding the extra cash and going for the full fat 3090 experience.

Now you have the hot running runt of the litter :p

Tempted to do the same myself wiht my 3080 but I don't have any way to bypass the 1 card per household limit. 3090's always hang around long enough to snag anyway.

Yeah it is a bit toastie :cry: my waterblock will keep it under control though ;)

I had already formulated a plan for watercoling my rig before the Ampere release and bought the EK waterblock in December, I didn`t manage to land the 3080FE until April and I couldn`t justify the extra for the 3090FE over the 3080FE, the 3080ti was only speculation back then.
The EK waterblock fits the 3080ti so if I went for the 3090FE then I`d also need another waterblock so just going up to the 3080ti made more sense.

I got my dad to set up an account and gave him the links when they went live so I managed to get around the one per household.

Soldato
Decided to sell my Gigagyte Gaming OC 3060ti non-LHR.

Sapphire 6700XT Nitro+ ordered.

I figure worst case scenario, i'll swap out a year old card for a brand new one and keep 3 years warranty, slightly faster, and with 12GB VRAM for longevity - for free. Hopefully turn a profit if prices hold up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, I dropped off a load of old hard drives, they listed all of the serials, gave me a receipt and then called me back the next day after they had tested them.

Associate
What's the drop and go process like at CEX? Do you get a receipt or some kind of acknowledgement that you've dropped off the item?
When I dropped off my graphics card I got an email for the receipt and was told they would ring within 2 days of there was an issue. I dropped it off on Sunday and got an email on Tuesday morning that my payment had been processed and had the money Tuesday morning in my bank.

Associate
When I dropped off my graphics card I got an email for the receipt and was told they would ring within 2 days of there was an issue. I dropped it off on Sunday and got an email on Tuesday morning that my payment had been processed and had the money Tuesday morning in my bank.

good to hear that, I am about to sell my card to them. Do they open it to check at the store before sending it out for testing? Also, should I take a photo of the card SN before dropping off?

Associate
good to hear that, I am about to sell my card to them. Do they open it to check at the store before sending it out for testing? Also, should I take a photo of the card SN before dropping off?
Yes they give it a visual inspection first just to make sure it is what you say it is. I took photos of the serial number just to be on the she side. It was quite funny to see the lads face when he had a 3080FE in his hands, it was like he was holding the holy grail

Associate
Yes they give it a visual inspection first just to make sure it is what you say it is. I took photos of the serial number just to be on the she side. It was quite funny to see the lads face when he had a 3080FE in his hands, it was like he was holding the holy grail

Just been to cex, the guy took them in without checking them. Got email confirmation for booked in when I was walking back to my car, 20 mins later received two more emails one confirming payment and the other is receipt.

Soldato
I'll just say though every GPU I have bought from CEX has been faulty. You get your money back but it seems like an easy way for people to oven trick their GPUs and trade em in.

Soldato
I've got a mint Power color Red Devil 5700 xt boxed. Wonder what cex would offer me? Looking at site for generic 5700xt it's below five hundred so not sure to just sell on ebay.

I've got a 5700xt Red Dragon, keeping an eye on stock levels. Swapping for a voucher and getting an upgrade to 6700xt for ~100 and a couple of days downtime sounds semi okay to me. Steering clear of Ebay.

Associate
Contemplating trading my 3080FE that I got today into CEX. Already have a L5P 3070 laptop, had 0 intention of getting rid of the 3080 but for the price I can't refuse it. Do they still check if the card hasn't been opened? Do they offer more for unopened cards I wonder?

Soldato
Contemplating trading my 3080FE that I got today into CEX. Already have a L5P 3070 laptop, had 0 intention of getting rid of the 3080 but for the price I can't refuse it. Do they still check if the card hasn't been opened? Do they offer more for unopened cards I wonder?
The price is used as I understand it. No difference for BNIB.

The price at cex has been at that for a while. So I'm sure you knew the value before purchase.

Why don't you sell in on MM for rrp. Or raffle it off with proceeds going to a charity?

Or simply sell it to cex as you had planned, double your money.

Back
Top Bottom