LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
So just got this installed today. What settings should I be using to enjoy it in all its 4k lovliness. HDMI 2.1 cable and a Sapphire 6800XT powering it!

0GGk7tF.jpg
Set Gaming mode for picture mode
go into the Home label PC input as PC (disable extra stuff too)
set HDR on in windows & maybe calibrate game mode to your preferences (brightness etc)
thats it

from another user of one I would lower that TV I had mine that high & got neck ache, wlower by 3 inches at least.

but give it ago you ll see :)

Permabanned
Figured it out. Seems to be if it drops below the Gsync cut off of 41. Screen goes black for a second then it comes back on. Love to know if there's a fix for this as turning off Gsync isn't ideal.

Associate
Set Gaming mode for picture mode
go into the Home label PC input as PC (disable extra stuff too)
set HDR on in windows & maybe calibrate game mode to your preferences (brightness etc)
thats it

from another user of one I would lower that TV I had mine that high & got neck ache, wlower by 3 inches at least.

but give it ago you ll see :)

Thank you for that. The photo is a really bad angle it is actually only a couple of inches above the level of the desk, my eyeline is exactly in the middle of the screen so all perfect!!

Soldato
Figured it out. Seems to be if it drops below the Gsync cut off of 41. Screen goes black for a second then it comes back on. Love to know if there's a fix for this as turning off Gsync isn't ideal.
doesnt happen for me,

it used to

However since then
updated drivers of nvidia
had like 12 LG patches (firmware updates)

since then its been solid

only other thing to check is ensure HDR is on in desktop

had it where in games it switches between HDR/SDR & black screens. force HDR stopped few black screens

OR
Double check your HDMI cable has enough bandwidth for 4K 120hz
BUt definetely update your LG firmware theirs been multiple fixes for gsync & black screen

I'm on 04.30.10 i bought this tv on 02.35.0

Its Menu -> Support -> Software update

Soldato
How do you mount your TV's to the wall to the correct height for your desk?
Ive never wall mounted a tv/monitor and as I'm considering doing the same as Sleepy_Stu (plus others) Im afraid of drilling holes in the wall only to have put it too high.

Also where is the better place to buy a C1?
I keep hearing mixed opinions about John Lewis and Richer Sounds, usually either REALLY good or REALLY bad experiences with nothing inbetween.
Is it all just a much of a muchness and just buy wherever is cheapest/most convenient to me?

Soldato
Buy the mount you plan to use. Then measure it and calculate the height you need (i.e. how far up/down the TV are its mounting holes. Then how far above/below the mount do its mounting holes appear, do some maths then drill).

usually either REALLY good or REALLY bad experiences with nothing inbetween.
That's the nature of reviews really. People most likely to leave a review are either really impressed or really upset. RS and JL have good reputations and also pretty good policies in general. I'd go with them over a small supplier who might be harder to chase up, if the price difference was small.

Associate
So just got this installed today. What settings should I be using to enjoy it in all its 4k lovliness. HDMI 2.1 cable and a Sapphire 6800XT powering it!

0GGk7tF.jpg
Is that setup in your garage? I can't unsee the car doors over there lol
I assume it's the 48" version? Damn, that tv size looks perfect in balance. OLED looks the best when the lights in the room are dimmed a bit to enjoy the vividness and contrast.

Permabanned
doesnt happen for me,

it used to

However since then
updated drivers of nvidia
had like 12 LG patches (firmware updates)

since then its been solid

only other thing to check is ensure HDR is on in desktop

had it where in games it switches between HDR/SDR & black screens. force HDR stopped few black screens

OR
Double check your HDMI cable has enough bandwidth for 4K 120hz
BUt definetely update your LG firmware theirs been multiple fixes for gsync & black screen

I'm on 04.30.10 i bought this tv on 02.35.0

Its Menu -> Support -> Software update

HDR is always on on the desktop,I have it on use HDR and Auto HDR as well.

TV is fully updated.

Vsync in in NVCP and instant game response on the TV activated.

Ive tried a few HDMI cables now but Im curious, what cable are you using? I have tried 3 or 4 at this point.

Also Ive read issues can occur with game response if sound is set to optical/tv speaker. Changed it to speaker to see if that matters.

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Ive never wall mounted a tv/monitor and as I'm considering doing the same as Sleepy_Stu (plus others) Im afraid of drilling holes in the wall only to have put it too high.

Id only consider wall mounting if you are decent with DIY and basics, here is a good 2 videos to get the idea of how to do it right :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glzwY76O0d8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcndceOtWpA

Don't skimp and avoid the wall mount route and going into wall studs (behind your plasterboard wall) or a solid brick wall I used that neomagnet to find my wall studs, you can use m6 snaptogglers for the wall mount screws that don't go into the wall studs for extra secure fixings.

Best to find a wall mount that is closest to the wall, I use this one from rainforest : B07QKWK532, has decent mounting options.

I used a cardboard cutout of the size of the TV and then pinned it on my wall to work out which height and exact location I needed, this way you can get
it spot on then measure the wall mount holes and where the mount bracket would fit to get the exact location where the screws need to go in.

Might sound complicated but watch the video, you might not get it perfect and may need to move it up or down etc but you can get a wall filler to repair
holes in walls if required.

Soldato
HDR is always on on the desktop,I have it on use HDR and Auto HDR as well.

TV is fully updated.

Vsync in in NVCP and instant game response on the TV activated.

Ive tried a few HDMI cables now but Im curious, what cable are you using? I have tried 3 or 4 at this point.

Also Ive read issues can occur with game response if sound is set to optical/tv speaker. Changed it to speaker to see if that matters.
replied to your trust i believe

Permabanned
try turning off amd premium freesync, i notice this also when got the latest update, when playing warzone in the matchmaking lobby my screen would turn black no signal and never comes back and i need to reset the pc , this one solve my problem and when i check the hidden info it now says GSYNC

Permabanned
try turning off amd premium freesync, i notice this also when got the latest update, when playing warzone in the matchmaking lobby my screen would turn black no signal and never comes back and i need to reset the pc , this one solve my problem and when i check the hidden info it now says GSYNC

Wasnt turned on anyways. Ive picked up a new HDMI cable for the time being and see what happens over the next week or so when I actually have a bit time to game.

Soldato
Still loving mine. Toggler toggle bolts are fantastic on plasterboard walls.

Just working on a few bits at the minute, getting ready to wall mount some speakers and whatnot

uRi7923.jpg

Soldato
@TheOracle looks neat, so how far away are you sitting from the screen?

Really tempted if there's a deal on between now and xmas to pick one up.

Desk is 60cm deep, but I like to hunch over it so right up against the screen. Not sure if it's because it's an OLED, but there's no eye strain and it feels relaxing to use.

I'm using custom res though, which might be why.

I did toy with the idea of getting an 80cm deep desk before I bought it, but I like it how it is.

Soldato
I pulled the trigger and set up my 48 OLED today!
First impressions is it looking amazing on desktop alone, not yet tried to game as been fiddling with settings.

That said, whats the recommended settings to change in Windows and the TV itself?

Ive hid the start menu but I can still see the top of the search bar, is there a way to get rid of that?
Also is there any HDR settings which dont burn my eyes out or is turning on HDR in windows not nessacery to use HDR in games?

Thanks for any help!

Associate
First impressions is it looking amazing on desktop alone, not yet tried to game as been fiddling with settings.

That said, whats the recommended settings to change in Windows and the TV itself?

Ive hid the start menu but I can still see the top of the search bar, is there a way to get rid of that?
Also is there any HDR settings which dont burn my eyes out or is turning on HDR in windows not nessacery to use HDR in games?

Thanks for any help!

I got mine set up on my desk yesterday, and it's bloody awesome!

I'm still working out the best HDR settings, but for the searchbar I was also seeing the top of the bar when it was set to autohide.

I used Translucent TB to make it transparent : Get TranslucentTB - Microsoft Store en-GB

Hope this helps in the meantime, and if I work out other settings I will post them later.

Soldato

Thanks for any help!

TranslucentTB from the Microsoft Store

Back
Top Bottom