*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Man of Honour
Yeah I'm not sure - it said Friday the 19th for the day 1 patch, this morning's patch also included server updates to fix lagging..

But yeah - I guess we'll know for sure in the morning lol, I'm hoping for a big 30GB update!

(I imagine nothing will change though)

Its not going to happen:

DICE has said it's planning to release two further updates in the next 30 days, with the next one set to bring "more fixes and improvements," and the following one to be "a larger and more substantial update."

Soldato
Squad based game - No voip.... errr ok.

I know people play with their mates/pals and use discord and alike but having a game that you can jump into on your own and NOT having voip at least in the squad is ridiculous....

Hovercrafts and the whole call in system is ridiculous....

Associate
I think this everyone's a winner (hide the leaderboard) crap is here to stay in gaming, has to be a conscious decision to be more inclusive to all skills levels and not to put off new players, at a glance kills and assists look the same so you can have the illusion you are having a great time but really its just candy crush, see this with new Forza too, illusion of winning.

See the pic of witcher 3 dev team, compared to CB2077 team says everything we need to know about games now.

Associate
Squad based game - No voip.... errr ok.

I know people play with their mates/pals and use discord and alike but having a game that you can jump into on your own and NOT having voip at least in the squad is ridiculous....

Hovercrafts and the whole call in system is ridiculous....

Everyone is safe if you cant use comms

Associate
Can highly recommend the latest DLSS drivers that I posted above, the game is much clearer and no ghosting!
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-dll/

Also anyone notice the game seems to be running better today since they disabled the EMP stun grenades?

All that did was turn off DLSS for me in game (greyed out), confirmed with subsequent FPS drop, the same if DLSS wasn't enabled.

I generally don't care what people think I'm loving the game ! At 38 I get pretty bored with games but this one I can't get enough of it ! I get it doesn't have everything everyone wants but over time its very likely they will add more stuff and do what people request , its definitely not a bad game its one of the most fun online shooters at the moment in my opinion and there isnt a war game that even comes close to the explosion and how good it all looks.

I feel the same! I'm 42 and thought gaming was really on the outs for me. BF2042, even with all of its massive flaws, has been a blast for me.

Associate
Gotta be honest, BF2042 is by far the worst BF title and one of the worst and most generic FPS I've ever played.

There are so many things wrong with this game (and I'm not talking about bugs) which make me wonder if they are deliberately trying to kill the franchise for some weird reason.

Caporegime
People complained about players concentrating on K/D so they topped the leaderboard even if they didn’t PTFO. They remove the Scoreboard to take the emphasis away from this and people are up in arms about it!

Caporegime
People complained about players concentrating on K/D so they topped the leaderboard even if they didn’t PTFO. They remove the Scoreboard to take the emphasis away from this and people are up in arms about it!

Everyone secretly loved KD and is a metric they measure their performance on. The one who hate it are generally who get their backside spanked. If you are in a good squad and PTFO you will generally have a favourable KD to go with it.

Man of Honour

Rule #1 of Gamers : Gamers are never happy and some gamers somewhere will always find something to moan about with any title even titles widely considered to be extremely good

Man of Honour
Everyone secretly loved KD and is a metric they measure their performance on. The one who hate it are generally who get their backside spanked. If you are in a good squad and PTFO you will generally have a favourable KD to go with it.

I never hated it per se, I just could never see the point of it in a team based match. I always felt it would be like that one German soldier on the 5th June 1944 turning to his mates and saying well yeah, we lost in Normandy yesterday but I did really well ! :)

Soldato
love the way opened ea play for hours no update go to launch it & update button not play... Good job EA on automatic updates update said 6GB its 1.6GB download unpatched to 6GB

Back
Top Bottom