• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Is anyone having problem with these new battlefield and halo drivers? They seem entirely broken for me, screen flickering, i cant even launch battlefield on the battlefield drivers, ive had to roll back to the oct 25th ones. The Halo ones work better for halo than these but still have flickering.

Soldato
Just got my 6900XT today and have it installed.

It's the Sapphire reference one. Haven't had an AMD card since my Vega 64. So I have to get used to settings again. What to enable/disable etc.

I will do some googling, but, would appreciate it if someone could point me to a quick guide.

Just one question for the moment. Does the Auto Undervolt feature get decent results?

Pretty sure I will have more questions later :)

Caporegime
Just got my 6900XT today and have it installed.

It's the Sapphire reference one. Haven't had an AMD card since my Vega 64. So I have to get used to settings again. What to enable/disable etc.

I will do some googling, but, would appreciate it if someone could point me to a quick guide.

Just one question for the moment. Does the Auto Undervolt feature get decent results?

Pretty sure I will have more questions later :)
What's the stock core clock as listed in Radeon Software?

Try lowering voltage down to 1100-1125 and test. Keep going lower until you get crashes.

Associate
Is anyone having problem with these new battlefield and halo drivers? They seem entirely broken for me, screen flickering, i cant even launch battlefield on the battlefield drivers, ive had to roll back to the oct 25th ones. The Halo ones work better for halo than these but still have flickering.
According to the patch notes 21.11.3 doesnt provide support for Halo Multiplayer yet and it will be coming soon.

Soldato
Hi all, I currently have a RTX 3080 and Ive been toying with the idea of selling and getting a 6900XT.

Is the 6900XT a big upgrade over the 3080? Ive been an NVIDIA user for about 6 years, what would I be giving up on (apart from DLSS which I dont use, Ray Tracing which I dont care about and the NVENC encoder which I use a lot).

Would it be worth swapping and has anyone else whos been NVIDIA and swithced recommend it?

EDIT: May be useful to know I have a 1440p 144hz monitor also, would it be a much better 1440p experience?

Went from a 3080 to 6900xt and was worth it. Faster, quieter and cooler. People rave about DLSS but I always think its cheating a bit if the card was powerful enough then DLSS wouldnt be invented. RT to be honest I can take it or leave it.

Turn freesync off and I bet flickering stops.

Associate
Went from a 3080 to 6900xt and was worth it. Faster, quieter and cooler. People rave about DLSS but I always think its cheating a bit if the card was powerful enough then DLSS wouldnt be invented. RT to be honest I can take it or leave it.
Hmmmm im wondering if I wack it up for sale and see what I can get and such. Because if I can I would have basically bought a 6900XT for the price of a 3080 (I paid £700 on release day) which would be pretty sweet.

I will see if there is any interest in it and see what I can do.

Soldato
What's the stock core clock as listed in Radeon Software?

Try lowering voltage down to 1100-1125 and test. Keep going lower until you get crashes.

Hi Matt, Thanks.

The core clock is 2015 and the memory clock is 2000 according to the hardware details in the System menu of the Radeon Software.

Caporegime
Hi Matt, Thanks.

The core clock is 2015 and the memory clock is 2000 according to the hardware details in the System menu of the Radeon Software.
I'll add you to the long list of people that always get this question wrong. :cry:

What is this clock listed at in Radeon Software when you enter the GPU Tuning menu?
0V0OUXr.png

Soldato
I'll add you to the long list of people that always get this question wrong. :cry:

What is this clock listed at in Radeon Software when you enter the GPU Tuning menu?
0V0OUXr.png

In that screen the Min frequency is 500Mhz, Max Frequency is 2524Mhz and voltage is 1175mV

Soldato

0V0OUXr.png

Are those settings stable for you in the likes of FireStrike and TimeSpy?

I can get down to 1150mV but any lower and those benchmarks crash. Thats with stock frequencies (500-2539). You think I should drop those? I'm not looking for ultimate performance but more cool/quiet but still with good performance, the holy grail I guess :D

Caporegime
A. a banana
:cry:

I think you got it right when I asked you, show off!
In that screen the Min frequency is 500Mhz, Max Frequency is 2524Mhz and voltage is 1175mV
Thanks.
Are those settings stable for you in the likes of FireStrike and TimeSpy?

I can get down to 1150mV but any lower and those benchmarks crash. Thats with stock frequencies (500-2539). You think I should drop those? I'm not looking for ultimate performance but more cool/quiet but still with good performance, the holy grail I guess :D
It's just your stock clock. You can decide to run at stock and undervolt, or reduce core clock further and undervolt more. You probably can't lower the voltage curve as much as you have a higher stock clock than me.

I am using a reference card, so I'm more interested in reducing power limit (I run 250W power limit) to keep things running as cool and quiet as possible. As you are using an AIB card, I'd leave it as it. With an AIB card you probably have lower temperatures anyway so less of a concern.

With the clock set to 2439/2539 and voltage at 1150, try reducing the clock speed to 2400/2500 and voltage at 1150, you should find the voltage reduces a bit too.

Caporegime
@LtMatt you are using a reference card now? What happened to the Toxic?
Sold it mate. Got bored of benching and no competition on most of the OcuK benchmark threads so decided to move back to a reference card and just game for a while.

My No1 world record Firestrike Extreme score was just beaten too, Alder lake squeezed in front of my 5950X by a ball hair. :cry:

Soldato
:cry:

Thanks.

I reduced the voltage to 1100mV. And put the power limit up to 15% also changed to fast timing in the Vram settings.

I am testing using Borderlands 3 using 1440P and Badass settings using Dx11 but I am trying Dx12 on the next game start.

When I changed those settings away from default, the gameplay was much smoother. Should I set a min frequency?

Caporegime
I reduced the voltage to 1100mV. And put the power limit up to 15% also changed to fast timing in the Vram settings.

I am testing using Borderlands 3 using 1440P and Badass settings using Dx11 but I am trying Dx12 on the next game start.

When I changed those settings away from default, the gameplay was much smoother. Should I set a min frequency?
It gives you a more stable core clock in CPU heavy games, so you should set it 100Mhz below max.

With memory you'll need to run Timespy or Superposition 4K optimized and find the sweet spot.

At some point you'll lose performance. From my experience of half a dozen 6900 XTs, it could be anywhere between 2100Mhz-2162Mhz.

Note, XTX can only go up to 2150Mhz. Try at 2100Mhz and go from there. Next try 2112Mhz, next 2124Mhz, so on and so forth until 2150Mhz.

I have found that most like either 2112Mhz or 2124Mhz. My Toxic liked 2162Mhz, but that is rare.

Associate
Sold it mate. Got bored of benching and no competition on most of the OcuK benchmark threads so decided to move back to a reference card and just game for a while.

My No1 world record Firestrike Extreme score was just beaten too, Alder lake squeezed in front of my 5950X by a ball hair. :cry:
I get what you mean, to be honest I dont bench as much because of the 5800X. I sold my 3080FTW3 and bought this because I thought it was better for gaming, not so much for benchmarks.

These are the settings that I use:
COpVZhQ.png
The GPU is always pretty cool and runs anything I throw at it at 1440p 144hz.

Caporegime
I get what you mean, to be honest I dont bench as much because of the 5800X. I sold my 3080FTW3 and bought this because I thought it was better for gaming, not so much for benchmarks.

These are the settings that I use:
COpVZhQ.png
The GPU is always pretty cool and runs anything I throw at it at 1440p 144hz.
Decent. Are you using a reference card too?

To be honest the 360 rad was also causing me a bit of a ball ache in my case as I had to keep taking the noise dampening cover off, and with benching getting boring, I decided to cut losses and move back to reference.

Associate
Decent. Are you using a reference card too?

To be honest the 360 rad was also causing me a bit of a ball ache in my case as I had to keep taking the noise dampening cover off, and with benching getting boring, I decided to cut losses and move back to reference.
No, I have the XTXH Merc.

I imagine, I have 1 360 rad and I already feel that its too much. I cant imagine adding a GPU with a 2nd 360 rad.

Caporegime
No, I have the XTXH Merc.

I imagine, I have 1 360 rad and I already feel that its too much. I cant imagine adding a GPU with a 2nd 360 rad.
Ah yes, I remember now you said before.

Yes it's okay if you have a big case, but the Phanteks P600S is a medium sized case at best. It can fit it, but you have to remove the noise dampening top cover which annoyed me.

Back
Top Bottom