Windows 11 upgrade - Yay or Nay at the moment?

Soldato
Theres programs like Classic Shell and StartAllBack you can use to get other start menus, Windows 10 style right-click menus, small taskbar icons etc.

A license for StartAllBack is $5, worth looking into.

I just don't like the third party apps, they're not as good as the actual Windows 10 menu. I really don't know what M$ were thinking with Windows 11 start menu, it's just a bunch of icons and recent documents, no organization.

Same with right click menu, it's like a temporary measure whilst they sort out putting it all in one menu, double clicking to access old menu is stupid.

Associate
I just don't like the third party apps, they're not as good as the actual Windows 10 menu. I really don't know what M$ were thinking with Windows 11 start menu, it's just a bunch of icons and recent documents, no organization.

Same with right click menu, it's like a temporary measure whilst they sort out putting it all in one menu, double clicking to access old menu is stupid.
I mean you dont even know StartAllBack is open, theres no tray icons it takes up no resources, it just works as windows boots. As much as it is a third party app you forget its even there tbh.

And its a nice way to get all the easy functionality back (cause we know M$ isnt going to bring it back)

Soldato

Its the age old every two OS problem they have.

However given all the positive PR with insider etc. it looks like this time they getting away with it as most people seem to not be bothered about the regressions lol.

I am glad I am not the only one who noticed though.

The day will come when I will have to migrate, either killer feature, hardware support, or 10 been EOL, but hopefully by then there is enough workarounds that it isnt an issue.

Unless plans change direct storage is still coming to 10.

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

Windows 11 to me seems stable and no mad crashes.
However there is a lot of tiny little things.
Just now it is telling me my sound is muted, yet when I check nothing is muted, and of course I have sound but the taskbar is sure I am muted.

There is a lot of other little niggles in how folders are presented, and just small things. How photos are managed or displayed. Going through some menus. All just tiny things.

It seems very stable for gaming though. No major issues with it so far.

Soldato
OP
Well, I bit the bullet and did an in situ upgrade. All fine, took hardly any time at all to do. Played some Ghost Recon: Breakpoint and Division 2 last night for a couple of hours with zero issues, all running smoothly :cool::)

Caporegime
Depends, are you still rolling with a VHS Player because you don't see any benefit moving to DVD/BluRay?

What a terrible analogy.
First of all VHS were terrible in terms of resolution, frames per second, durability and reliability as well as longevity.

Are you suggesting that windows 11 is a massive leap in technology? If so give me a reason why?

Caporegime
Are you incapable of reading the thread before posting or does that uncontrollable urge to post crap around these forums just get the better of you every time?

I must be incapable of reading because I cannot see where your awful analogy comes from in relation to what is being asked or discussed. Neither have you provided a reason as to why moving to windows 11 is like going to blu ray from VHS.

If you could at least back it up otherwise it's dribble and therefore crap not my post.

Caporegime
You aren't wrong there pal.

If that is what you want to believe. I called your awful analogy out and yet still to see why this is like moving to blu ray and staying with VHS. Windows 11 doesn't offer me anything above windows 10 currently. In time that will change but today I'll stick with VHS.

Back
Top Bottom