I've ordered a 'custom' pc from that second hand high street store...

Associate
Agree, the CPU and gpu sell for £570 alone on their site.
even second hand else where you would be lucky to get it less than £480 for cpu and gpu. mobo, case, psu, 480gb ssd, 2tb hhd and your looking at £700 at least to build yourself. keep this pc and stick that mobo and psu in and upgraded cpu cooler and maybe a 1tb ssd later if you need the extra storage and speed, seeing as you said 2tb is more than you need. how much did psu and a pro mobo set you back? :)

Soldato
OP
even second hand else where you would be lucky to get it less than £480 for cpu and gpu. mobo, case, psu, 480gb ssd, 2tb hhd and your looking at £700 at least to build yourself. keep this pc and stick that mobo and psu in and upgraded cpu cooler and maybe a 1tb ssd later if you need the extra storage and speed, seeing as you said 2tb is more than you need. how much did psu and a pro mobo set you back? :)
Yeah think it's still decent value, the storage isn't really needed at all, I was only going to sell on the 2tb 'ssd' anyway as they won't be playing any huge games so the 500gb is plenty for now.

PSU was £50 and the board was £48.
I assume the Windows 10 license is tied to the motherboard, so I think once I change the board over it will no longer be an active win10 os? Never actually swapped before so not sure how that works :)

If it's tied to the board I could probably almost cover the cost of the z390 board...

Edit looks as though you can assign your win10 license to your account, edit 2 looks like that's retail only, I assume its an oem license

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Anybody want a laugh? I knew the warranty would be a load of rubbish anyway...but still trying to get something out of them...

'Please also be advised that in order to replace the drive, you would need to open the PC which would void its 24 month warranty. I would therefore request you to return the PC for a replacement and I will liaise with the relevant team to ensure you get one with the correct specifications.'

I mean not like they could ever prove you've opened it, but what a joke that is :cry:

Associate
Anybody want a laugh? I knew the warranty would be a load of rubbish anyway...but still trying to get something out of them...

'Please also be advised that in order to replace the drive, you would need to open the PC which would void its 24 month warranty. I would therefore request you to return the PC for a replacement and I will liaise with the relevant team to ensure you get one with the correct specifications.'

I mean not like they could ever prove you've opened it, but what a joke that is :cry:
oh no don't open the side panel, in fact don't turn the pc on as that also voids warranty haha. i purchased a 2600k cpu from them before (doa) and was told and i quote " installation of the cpu would void warranty". so as i installed and tested it i voided warranty :cry:. seems they are still doing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom