Poll: Brazilian Grand Prix 2021, São Paulo - Race 19

Rate the 2021 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It’s still dragging on….

I think the longer it goes on, the more I think it favours Redbull as they are clearly struggling to even accept that a full review can take place. But let's see. The right decision is to at the very least, allow a formal review given the lack of onboard available at the time.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I think the longer it goes on, the more I think it favours Redbull as they are clearly struggling to even accept that a full review can take place. But let's see. The right decision is to at the very least, allow a formal review given the lack of onboard available at the time.
No reason why a formal can’t take place immediately, once they’ve agreed to proceed.

Soldato
Crofty updated the skyports twitter feed:

"No decision on the right to review hearing tonight. This just in from the FIA ‘Following today’s hearing with representatives from Mercedes and Red Bull, the stewards are now considering the matter and will publish their decision tomorrow.’"

Soldato
Honestly they should just get Horner to rush on and chair-smash Toto during the next press conference.

Horner vs Totto fight... I'm picturing the scene down a back alley....
Totto would be smashing Karen over the head with a Merc rear wing shouting, "watch it flex now Chriiistiiiaaaan", whilst a combined posse of Redbull mechs, Helmut's boys and gangsters arranged by the FIA approach Totto from behind. Totto stops and waits for Christian to respond having spat away a mouthful of blood. Christian looks back down the alley towards his Redbull crew and utters; "get me sky sports now".

Soldato
They're debating whether they should investigate the issue, not actually investigating the issue. It's utterly ridiculous.

Prob because its a clear penalty. But if they can get out of it saying it was never investigated so they can't reinvestigate with new evidence, they can get out of it.

Expect a new rule to come out saying you can't challenge an incident if it is not referred to the stewards in the first instance

Associate
Someone on Pistonheads posted this earlier, so there is precidence...

Masi after the Japanese GP 2019 when Leclerc clashed with Verstappen and Verstappen spun said this after the initial message in the race was "no investigation necessary"“

Some new evidence became available which they didn’t have available at the time and they chose to effectively reopen the investigation,” “So originally, with what was available to them, they made a determination that there was no investigation necessary."

“Then they got some other footage which they didn’t have and, well within their rights, it was a new element and they reopened it.”

Leclerc received a 5 second penalty after the race.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
It's just milking it now. These things should happen on race day, during the race, or its a hard "tough". I can't be bothered with this aspect of the sport at all. Neither driver really cares; they raced hard, didn't crash and the inevitable happened eventually.

This is the racing we want, but it's always shrouded with incompetent stewarding and playground whining. Really ruins it for me.

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
It's just milking it now. These things should happen on race day, during the race, or its a hard "tough". I can't be bothered with this aspect of the sport at all. Neither driver really cares; they raced hard, didn't crash and the inevitable happened eventually.

This is the racing we want, but it's always shrouded with incompetent stewarding and playground whining. Really ruins it for me.

It's all part of the sport, and nearly always had been..

The procedures and things might be slightly different, but the tit for tat, bending/breaking/exploiting the rules with people reporting others cars/etc has always been there.

Also, dubious outcomes!! It's all part of the appeal for me :)

Soldato
Neither driver really cares

Oh Lewis does care I'm sure. I bet he does. He plays it down in the interviews saying he would rather not comment on it because frankly this is good management of the situation to not load any additional pressure on himself by airing his views. He does not need to come out and say what he really thinks of it. He doesn't want to show weakness or that it bothers him so he just casually brushes it off. Underneath it I would not be surprised if he's thinking it's a slam dunk pen and that Max is in the wrong.

We all want to see the final result be the final result on race day and it's on the stewards that this did not happen because they failed to grow some and make a decision in a timely fashion in the race. It's a penalty from EVERY. SINGLE. ANGLE. you care to look at. You didn't need onboard footage to see that. I've watched interviews and social media posts and youtube stuff from a variety of people, and the vast majority agree it's a clear penalty. I think this says a lot, as a LOT of people want to see Max win so you would normally see more of an equal split favouring the person they support. But when it is this many people saying penalty, it's fairly damming for Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom