• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OCUK GPU prices correct or is there a code to use?

Associate
Fact is if no one purchased at these prices they would have to drop, the problem is as much people paying the ridiculously inflated prices as it is the retailers charging them. Of course the elephant in the room is the return on a card vs its #rate (although some effort has been made to break this relationship with LHR cards).

Associate
OP
Fact is if no one purchased at these prices they would have to drop, the problem is as much people paying the ridiculously inflated prices as it is the retailers charging them. Of course the elephant in the room is the return on a card vs its #rate (although some effort has been made to break this relationship with LHR cards).
Well it appears knowone is buying these rtx3070's as they have a lot of stock left and have done for the past week and the scary thing is these are both LHR cards so you would have thought they would be cheaper

Soldato
Well it appears knowone is buying these rtx3070's as they have a lot of stock left and have done for the past week and the scary thing is these are both LHR cards so you would have thought they would be cheaper

Where are you looking as there are no Gigabyte or Zotac 3070's I can only see Palit ones ?

Just had a look round the main retailers and not mentioning names but the Palit ones are either not in stock or same price as OCUK. No £200 cheaper 3070's I can see ?

I am inclined to agree. Some 6800xt's on the site have just gone up in price, one by about £70 since last week. Surely they have already bought them so shouldn't need to keep putting them up further? They are already over £1000 which is insane to begin with. They do sometimes do deals which brings the price down but for the most part the prices are higher here.

If they buy 250 @ £800 and 250 £900 so it shows say 500 in stock as soon as that first 250 are gone the price goes up. Its easy to understand.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I get that but £998 for an rtx 3070 LHR non ti that is in line with ebay scalped 3070ti pricing.

It just infuriates me as there are people including myself who would gladly buy one of these cards if they were priced reasonably

All these retailers claim to want to get these cards in the hands of genuine gamers yet mid range gpu's are priced so high that genuine gamers can't afford them

Soldato
I get that but £998 for an rtx 3070 LHR non ti that is in line with ebay scalped 3070ti pricing.

It just infuriates me as there are people including myself who would gladly buy one of these cards if they were priced reasonably

All these retailers claim to want to get these cards in the hands of genuine gamers yet mid range gpu's are priced so high that genuine gamers can't afford them

Graphics card costs has gone up loads. Sure they might be making a bit extra % compared to normal but there is no stock in distribution and where tiny amounts appear, they are far more expensive than they should be. Additionally if cards were cheaper they would get bought by scalpers before you could blink. Atleast if cards are expensive and in stock you can buy one if you actually need one.

Associate
OP
Exactly Minstadave .Every gamer is after a new graphic card for Christmas
Well I really hope people are not that stupid and they vote with thier wallets because I personally think those prices are insulting to gamers across the UK and by looking at the still present stock compared to every other retailer people are

Caporegime
Well I really hope people are not that stupid and they vote with thier wallets because I personally think those prices are insulting to gamers across the UK and by looking at the still present stock compared to every other retailer people are

Sadly people will pay through the nose, especially at Xmas.

Associate
OP
Come on now ocuk bumping the rtx 3070ti strix from £1099.99 to 1199.99 overnight and listing the tuf at £1099.99 instead. That's Just urinating on us without the curtesy of calling it rain.

Please do not argue that its the original cost being passed on because you had over 10 stock yesterday.

It's just pure greed and outright scalping practices now

Associate
Come on now ocuk bumping the rtx 3070ti strix from £1099.99 to 1199.99 overnight and listing the tuf at £1099.99 instead. That's Just urinating on us without the curtesy of calling it rain.

Please do not argue that its the original cost being passed on because you had over 10 stock yesterday.

It's just pure greed and outright scalping practices now

Sad truth is they are selling at this ridiculous price , i had a look last night and seems they had a whole load of Strix cards drop with 3090/3080Ti/3080/3070Ti&3070 and the only ones that remain are the 3070Ti even though the 3090 was £2999 & 3080Ti £1800... Today all gone

The 12900K has taken a bump in price as well so its not just GPU prices through the roof :mad:

Associate
OP
If you don't buy one then they're not getting away with poop.

Series S and X GPUs are easily available at RRP and play all the new games.
Yeah I managed to get a series x at retail so I'm using that in the interim. It just annoys me when companies like ocuk take advantage of situations like this. I expect it from scalpers and I even expect retailers to charge a bit extra but at the level ocuk are is just unacceptable its over twice the price for a gpu

Associate
Yeah I managed to get a series x at retail so I'm using that in the interim. It just annoys me when companies like ocuk take advantage of situations like this. I expect it from scalpers and I even expect retailers to charge a bit extra but at the level ocuk are is just unacceptable its over twice the price for a gpu

The problem is the market is dictating this. If OC sold their cards cheaply then there wouldn't be any left whatsoever anyway. Tbf to them, they've done deals where an unknown number got bought up and resold on at profit, some members got caught and banned however, but some gamers did get cards at better prices. There have been cheaper than other competitor prices on OC from time to time, they've also supplied many of the old pre orders at a loss as buying newer cards in is more expensive. It's a lose lose situation for OC and us. OC lose customer confidence, make no more money than normally, and we don't get a card for a good price. But i get your frustration, i got a 2nd hand card which failed, and my current rx460 can't play the new Halo, unless i want max 30fps with literal Playstation 1 graphics. Unless something comes into the Series S price level at a fair performance soon, then i'll pick up a Series S.

Back
Top Bottom