• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Soldato
No they did not, it is nowhere in the T@Cs that you have to buy from the same retailer.

Not trying to argue with you mate, just passing on what I was told from an official Asus representative, when I asked about being elibigle as long as you bought before 30th November. Their exact words to me were that as long as the order date shows before 30th November, with CPU/Asus z690 motherboard from same retailer, I'd be covered and elible for the £100 cashback.

Would suggest contacting their support department yourself to clarify if you want to be sure.

Soldato
I predict that when Alder Lake comes out, people will immediately start going on about 'Raptor Lake', as if it's a 100% confirmed thing and all the leaked specs are totally accurate, because after 6-7 years of development, 10nm CPUs are still not 'fast enough' for some :cry:

Soldato
1cd07b1cf223ac0aa557b475cce62db2.png

Soldato
Not trying to argue with you mate, just passing on what I was told from an official Asus representative, when I asked about being elibigle as long as you bought before 30th November. Their exact words to me were that as long as the order date shows before 30th November, with CPU/Asus z690 motherboard from same retailer, I'd be covered and elible for the £100 cashback.

Would suggest contacting their support department yourself to clarify if you want to be sure.

For the Asus promotion, support got back and confirmed purchases from different retailers is accepted.

Hello,

thanks for your email. No, you can purchase the products from two different participating retailers.

Please make sure that you upload both invoices in your application.

Soldato
For the Asus promotion, support got back and confirmed purchases from different retailers is accepted.

Strangely enough I just had the following confirmed,

Dear Mr. OCUKUser

Thank you for contacting ASUS.

I can confirm that only the date on the invoice is useable as per the terms and conditions of the promotion, if the order date was prior to the invoice date then we cannot guarantee this will be accepted and that any cashback will be awarded.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact ASUS support.
Kind regards,
Patrick K.

Associate
Cool, glad you confirmed it. Sucks that two support representatives give contradictory information.
Sucks even more is that in the post above yours Asus have stated the Cashback offer is based on Invoice date and not Order date. If OCUK do not get those till teh 9th Dec your invoice date will be to late

Caporegime
ocuk just do the rebate off the total price when you buy from here. then ocuk sorts it out with whoever the manufacturer. would get lots more sales. takes the onus off the customer. who you want to sell to.

Soldato
OP
From this graph we can clearly see the 12900k was designed and tuned to be a 125w CPU, anything above this is really just overclocking.

And anything between 50w and 100w is incredibly power efficient.

attachment.php

Soldato
No different to Zen 3. Setting my 5800X to the 65W 'Eco Mode' only loses me 10% multicore performance and nothing in games. GPUs are the same story. Everything's cranked up to 11 out of the box these days in a desperate attempt to eke out every last point in benchmarks for reviews.

Soldato
OP
No different to Zen 3. Setting my 5800X to the 65W 'Eco Mode' only loses me 10% multicore performance and nothing in games. GPUs are the same story. Everything's cranked up to 11 out of the box these days in a desperate attempt to eke out every last point in benchmarks for reviews.

I think my 5950x is a little more hungry than that hehe. I've never tried eco mode myself but after googling it apparently the 5950x won't drop down to 65w in eco mode but it's more like 75 to 80w - it does drop 20% MT performance on that (probably much less in games). But I think that's normal, the higher core core count goes the more performance it stands to lose as power drops maybe

OcUK Staff
ocuk just do the rebate off the total price when you buy from here. then ocuk sorts it out with whoever the manufacturer. would get lots more sales. takes the onus off the customer. who you want to sell to.

Asus won't do it this way, we always push for this, but they want to do it so they can add all your details to their database for future world domination plans.

Back
Top Bottom