*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
Picture from a few weeks back when I was on the way back from Bideford bike show.

B4Mz13w.jpeg

Still have a hankering for a Supermoto. Local shop has a Husky 701 in stock so may have to go up there and take a look! At 6'3" and quite leggy I find most bikes a bit cramped!

Soldato
@Logsi
I still have a soft spot for a cb650r.
My first bike was the 125 version.
Very nice !

I do really like it. When it was first released it was the bike that reignited my interest in bikes and made me think once again about finally getting my DAS done. I think the only thing I'd change it for is a Duke 890/Street Triple now or something totally different like a 701/SMC R. Probably have it for a year or so and see.

My fiancé had the 125 version and she loved it! Now moved onto a KTM Duke 390 which is just stupid fun.

Transmission breaker
Don
I don't get all the negativity towards Chinese bikes. That's not gonna set the world alight but then I suspect you're also not a 16 year old kid. It's a fantastic little machine, it'll do the job perfectly and provided it's looked after, it'll look after you too. Everyone seems to forget that Japanese bikes once were where Chinese bikes are, and look where they are now. Enjoy it, and if you're looking for parts, it's also sold as the Generic Code :)

I had a KSR code.. I did my best to bring it back, but the engine is made of cheese and dropped valves twice in my (short) ownership.

My honest opinion, get shot of it before it's 2 years old. There are some decent Chinese bikes out there. The KSR code is not one of them, sadly. The one I had at 5 years old was a complete dog.

I tried to swap the valves out for Suzuki ones (it's a copy engine of the gs125) and they are thinned down to almost half the thickness of the Suzuki originals!! I assumed it would be the same on a copied engine, but they have cut all the margins they could. Reduced metal quality, thinner, weaker parts all over.

Sure it will be ok for a while, but they remove/trim down, cheap out on all the things that made the original engine good.

The rest of the bike is not much better I'm afraid.

If it's new and under warranty, great, that's about the only use case that makes any sense. When it's close to expiring, sell it on asap, before it breaks and leaves you out of pocket.

Also, they are not a fan of the rain. They rust VERY quickly, and give you all sorts of issues.

Sorry to be so negative, but there is a thread on here where I tried to "polish a turd" with a KSR code 125, and... Well, let's just say I failed... I went into it very positive, but it was not a fun ownership experience :(

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/bought-a-chinese-125cc-d.18811391/

Man of Honour
Not sure if this counts?

7vfYBpA.jpg

Exactly the same as I had as a kid, only now I find it a little harder to ride.
I keep meaning to sell it, but the nostalgia won't let me.
2KoHfFW_d.webp

I had one of those but with a black gear lever instead of red. It's a MK2. My brother had a MK1 with the round gear lever. So much nostalgia.

Soldato
Was looking to buy a scooter just to get around London, as the Fireblade I only use for fun and it is not fun to ride it in slow traffic.

To insure a 125cc scooter was almost £400, so I started looking for bigger bikes and their insurance was half of the price... was thinking about a Honda CB500 or something like that but I found a Suzuki Gladius SFV650 ABS 2013 that was in good condition, full service history, 20k miles and was a great deal... I had 2015 model same colour without abs that I sold a few months ago and I regretted

2CHZbMl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Was looking to buy a scooter just to get around London, as the Fireblade I only use for fun and it is not fun to ride it in slow traffic.

To insure a 125cc scooter was almost £400, so I started looking for bigger bikes and they insurance was half of the price... was thinking about a Honda CB500 or something like that but I found a Suzuki Gladius SFV650 ABS 2013 that was in good condition, full service history, 20k miles and was a great deal... I had 2015 model same colour without abs that I sold a few months ago and I regretted

Perfect little commuter, good fun and decent noises to boot.

Can't recall if the Gladius inherited the single-seal calipers of some earlier budget Suzuki's, but if so bear in mind they don't like winter.

Associate
Give one a go I say :). I went from a K1300 via a 1250GS which got me past my "I must have a large inline 4" stage! Mind you I've only done 40 miles so far so let's see how I get on :p.

Soldato
PfXwixv.jpg

S1000R i've had since january. Only recently taken her out for a spin. Went out in the nice weather and will definitely be a fair weather bike. Planned on an hour, 5 hours later came home before it got dark, just loved it that much i could have kept going and going.

Really looking forward to the summer when i can be out taking advantage of the nice weather. Cannot wait! Certainly shifts too.

Soldato
So, I went from 0-100 yesterday.... from finding this online Wednesday night, to, erm having on my driveway yesterday...

Traded in the Street Triple RS for it - frankly the trade in was pants, but I've been wanting to scratch and itch since getting the RS, and I think missing out on an S1000R before just put that in the back of my mind. So decided to just go for it (can't take it with you and all that)!

5400 on the clock, one previous owner, has all the 'Pro' rider modes enabled, which I presumed were optional extras - not too keen on the massive Akra, though it does sound pretty good, spotted a MIVV for £160 so might go down that route in due course maybe... also noticed the wheels have "HP" on them, and look a bit fancy - not sure if they are lightweight optional extras or just standard.

Missed the grunt of a thou' the RS flew along brilliantly, but this is another world, so I'll have to be a tad careful :D

Back
Top Bottom