• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
This made my friend finally jump in. Glad it got so hot on HUKD too, hopefully will finally give people the urge to try it out.

It can only be a good thing.
Need an offer on the price to get me back in. Still play the games I bought on occasion, just not a Pro member at the moment

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Well consider me pleasantly surprised at how well this works, not impressed by the price of games for it but then i only ever buy games on steam in the sale so maybe £60 is the going rate, does it ever have sales ?

How on earth are my old man hands meant to use a controller L1, R2 all the same time etc etc.

Soldato
Well consider me pleasantly surprised at how well this works, not impressed by the price of games for it but then i only ever buy games on steam in the sale so maybe £60 is the going rate, does it ever have sales ?

I've never bought a full price game on Stadia apart from CP2077.
Sekiro - £20
Mortal Kombat - £20
Immortals - £15
Judgment - £8

There is always sales. Best I've seen was last year's black Friday, Borderlands 3 Ultimate for £9.99

Valhalla will be on flash sale tomorrow only for £15

How on earth are my old man hands meant to use a controller L1, R2 all the same time etc etc.

Soldato
First ever family session on Stadia last night. Been using it myself for 2 years this Xmas but finally convinced the family to give it a go.

We played a couple hours of Monopoly Madness and it was great fun.

Really recommend checking it out if you're local multiplayer users.

Soldato
Got a free Premier Edition with my Pixel 6 - gave it a try, but I just cannot see a use for it going forwards, I already have a PS5 and old Xbone, so pretty much have my gaming needs covered by those two; only use I can think is if I can use the Stadia pad on my Nvidia Shield wirelessly (limited searching suggests not). Tried a bit of Hitman, it ran fine and looked ok – but I guess I expected it to look like a high end PC or something; it looked on par with the PS4. Mafia 3 looked horrid though, possibly as it’s quite a dated game, but I don’t recall it looking that rough on the PS4.

A nice idea, but I don’t think Google offer enough to entice people such as myself (with other consoles) into their eco system – game prices are ridiculous, things that are a good few years old for £50 or £60!?! I appreciate this isn’t too different from Playstation Store pricing, but at least as I can buy discs and save a pretty penny – Stadia doesn’t have that option.

Only way I could see the thing working, is if the £8.99 a month gave you access to everything, for free, at the highest resolution and audio quality – you could then keep on playing away as the monthly charges are made, and would lose access to your library when you stop paying….

Associate
So I have Stadia. Because I have a G suite account I had to create a separate Google account to use this which is annoying in itself...

How does purchasing games work? Do I have to purchase through the Google Store or can I buy them on say Stream or Ubisoft and link the account to play the games I've bought?

Soldato
So I have Stadia. Because I have a G suite account I had to create a separate Google account to use this which is annoying in itself...

How does purchasing games work? Do I have to purchase through the Google Store or can I buy them on say Stream or Ubisoft and link the account to play the games I've bought?

You have to purchase them through the Stadia store itself. If you buy the game, that's the price you pay and it's yours to play forever (Or, as long as Stadia is around)

With regards to the Pro Subscription. You pay per month and claim the games available and can play as long as your sub is active. If you stop paying, you loose access to the Pro games only. If you resub, you regain all the games you previously claimed

Associate
Gotcha. Are you able to get two controllers and play games together locally? (not with anyone on the internet)
Also anyone got an recommendations for some games like Crash Bandicot or Super Mario racing that are on Stadia?

Soldato
Gotcha. Are you able to get two controllers and play games together locally? (not with anyone on the internet)
Also anyone got an recommendations for some games like Crash Bandicot or Super Mario racing that are on Stadia?

You can have at least 4 local multiplayer that I know of as I've done it myself.

I don't play many racing games I'm afraid but there is Dirt 5 and Grid.

Soldato
Bought Far Cry 6 for this the other day. Really enjoying being able to switch between sitting on my sofa casually adventuring with the joypad to then playing on my desktop PC (a MacBook Air infact, so not a gaming PC at all) with keyboard and mouse when the living room is needed. All with not a console or high end graphics card to be seen!

Soldato
Bought Far Cry 6 for this the other day. Really enjoying being able to switch between sitting on my sofa casually adventuring with the joypad to then playing on my desktop PC (a MacBook Air infact, so not a gaming PC at all) with keyboard and mouse when the living room is needed. All with not a console or high end graphics card to be seen!

Once I tried Stadia, I couldn't go back. The fact that I never had to worry about patches or installs again, and could play wherever I wanted in the house, or even outside.

Switching screens is very underrated. I've often been playing on the living room TV, then my partner asks how long I'll be so she can use the TV, and I'm able to move instantly to a other screen. It's fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom