Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick... what a ****

Soldato
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...about-sexual-misconduct-allegations-for-years

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick Knew for Years About Sexual-Misconduct Allegations at Videogame Giant
Top executive didn’t inform board of some reports, including alleged rapes; company faces multiple regulatory investigations

This guy has got away with being a butt hole for far too long, looks like it has all caught up with him.

More than 700 Activision Blizzard staff and contractors request Kotick's exit:
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...rd-staff-and-contractors-request-koticks-exit

It is alleged that Kotick intervened to keep a senior developer after HR advised they were fired for sexual harassment.

Sony and Microsoft now distancing themselves from Activision with Jim Ryan and Phil Spencer getting involved.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
He's made a career and billions of dollars being a **** and so have many others in the game industry.

Doesn't matter if he steps down or gets removed, he'll still be obscenely rich and no doubt get off scot-free to either start up again or disappear in to obscurity.

Soldato
A whole 700 eh, less than 10% of the ActivisionBlizzard employees.. maybe they just need to add more bowls of fruit, take out some more emotes and jokes and change more quest text.

Soldato
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...about-sexual-misconduct-allegations-for-years

This guy has got away with being a butt hole for far too long, looks like it has all caught up with him.

More than 700 Activision Blizzard staff and contractors request Kotick's exit:
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...rd-staff-and-contractors-request-koticks-exit

It is alleged that Kotick intervened to keep a senior developer after HR advised they were fired for sexual harassment.

Sony and Microsoft now distancing themselves from Activision with Jim Ryan and Phil Spencer getting involved.

The thing is it's not "caught up with him" though, when you're that rich never nothing ever does, unless it's an obvious caught red-handed/smoking gun murder or a Bernie Madoff level fraud. Worst case, forced to leave and paid and he sails off into the sunset with nearly a $1BN in his arse pocket.

Soldato
Not with that attitude you won’t pssh

This is going off topic, and I guess it depends on where you work etc.

But I used to be like you say, and all that happens is you become the guy that can do everything, so you end up getting all the **** to sort out, sure you might get a payrise or a ****** promotion or whatever, but in the long run it means nothing.

I learned from this.

My current job as of 3 years, I do bare minimum, if people call me, I mostly don't answer, when they send a follow up email, I just delete it.

I don't talk to anyone.

I don't help anyone out, I'm not a team player.

I know EXACTLY what I'm doing with my job, I'm very good at it, but I never let them know that, if someone asks me a question, I'll lie and say I don't know or give an incorrect answer so they never ask you again.

I couldn't give a flying **** about the company I work for.

I keep my head down, I get done just enough that I need to.

I'm contracted for 9am to 5:30pm and most days I'm done between 11am - midday and I spend the rest of the day doing whatever the hell I like.

Soldato
It's not like people like James Stephanie Sterling (formerly Jim Sterling) haven't been screaming this from the rooftops for years. (S)he's had a burning hatred for Bobby Kotik for a long time, and it's difficult to say it's not justified.

Now it's all becoming public, people and companies are "distancing" themselves, but it's been an open secret for years, much like Harvey Weinstein.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom